Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MemphisX

2009 Free Agency

chris anderson and joahkim noah are about the 2 hardest working men in the NBA... those two have an ability to get a offensive rebound put back dunk, be the first defender back in transition and go block a shot in the paint on the other end. we don't have anyone on our team like that.

Depending on who we get in the draft, we need to plug our biggest holes. This position-by-position list is good to use as a reference.

I still think we can sign Josh Childress and Anderson V. Wallace had AV signed until he went and got Darko instead. Childress is tired of the Euroleague and fits the 3yr plan. The Hawks owe the Grizz a big favor. I want to see us get these type of guys. They add to the team growth with their hustle and smart team play. Look at how Noah helped the Bulls. Then watch the effect Lee had with the Magic against Philly. Neither one of those guys have the skills AV, JC has.

doesn't atlanta still have rights on Childress?

they'd probably match when we signed him.......

but I do like the thought of childress....but i'm just not sure how he played this last season...wasn't he hurt?

Yes. Have no idea how he played last year, but would not mind taking a run a Childress. If ATL matches, what have we really lost?

they'd probably match when we signed him.......

but I do like the thought of childress....but i'm just not sure how he played this last season...wasn't he hurt?

He's playing really well in Europe. I don't think ATL would match him. Because of Bibby, Joe, Horford, and Williams contracts will cost so much. Plus the Hawks franchise is losing money big time. I believe AV will slip out of CLE. Do to the fact King James will demand a big contract. Wallace should target these guys and add smart picks.

I want us to be simliar to the Bulls competitve. They proved how important a good bench is to a young team. If Deng would've played I believe they would've beat Boston. Wallace needs to find us a our own John Salmons, Brad Miller, and Bobby Jackson.

Yes. Have no idea how he played last year, but would not mind taking a run a Childress. If ATL matches, what have we really lost?

some would say time and energy and having money locked up for up to 7 days when we could have been going after someone else....

i didn't mind us going after josh smith last year.....i advocated for it very hard.....i thought we came in a little too late, but offered the EXACT amount I was advocated.......in the end it wasn't enough and/or it wasn't early enough.....

reasonable contracts to RFA's tend to get matched.......if they are matched quickly, only time and energy put in trying to sign the guy and negotiating the contract was lost......if they are matched in 7 days, then that is a whole week that money is tied up and can't be used on anyone else....

of course, I expect us to sit out free agency and go into next season with conley/mayo/gay/gasol/#6 pick, have the minimum salary allowed by the NBA and wait to see if we land the #1 pick in 2010......I feel Heisley is still burned about the LeBron deal (and also less so the Oden/Durant deal and then the Rose deal) and desperately wants the #1 pick so he can finally get his LeBron (or his Rose).......

2010 gives us that best opportunity.....

preach 3 year plan......have tillery write glowing articles about how well conley and gasol are developing and how awesome of a coach hollins is.....try to get through another 20 to 25 win season and hope for the best come lottery time in May 2010....

He's playing really well in Europe. I don't think ATL would match him. Because of Bibby, Joe, Horford, and Williams contracts will cost so much. Plus the Hawks franchise is losing money big time. I believe AV will slip out of CLE. Do to the fact King James will demand a big contract. Wallace should target these guys and add smart picks.

I want us to be simliar to the Bulls competitve. They proved how important a good bench is to a young team. If Deng would've played I believe they would've beat Boston. Wallace needs to find us a our own John Salmons, Brad Miller, and Bobby Jackson.

wasn't there a rumored deal on the table for us to get john salmons?

RealGM has a story out that everyone should read (and I am sure debate here) about the real value of David Lee. I know a lot of people are high on Memphis signing Lee so it should be interesting reading.

RealGM has a story out that everyone should read (and I am sure debate here) about the real value of David Lee. I know a lot of people are high on Memphis signing Lee so it should be interesting reading.

Thanks. Nice offensive player, but doesn't exactly strike fear at the other end of the court. He would, unfortunately, be an upgrade for us, but I can't see the Grizz breaking the bank for him. Of course, there was that little blurb last year about trading the #5 pick for David Lee? I never believed there was any truth to that, but who really knows?

good stuff...#15 was especially good :)

Good find and he is a slight upgrade to Hak but does not bring anything we want at the 4 except rebounding. Give me Varejao.

Good find and he is a slight upgrade to Hak but does not bring anything we want at the 4 except rebounding. Give me Varejao.

the bigger, PF version of Kyle Lowry!!!!!!!!

:P

This 2009 free agency class is just not that great the more and more I look at it. I keep trying to figure out some gem we can find and maybe get a deal but I really dont see much. I also bet Heisley is happy this class sucks b/c then if he doesnt use the capspace he can be like "There was nobody out there that fit our 3 year plan, so who would you have like me to sign?"

I think our only hope is a solid draft and then trades. Lots of teams will be willing to trade in my opinion so I really dont think Free Agency is that important except for bench guys. And just based on the history of the NBA a lot of time expensive free agency signings never really work out well.

This 2009 free agency class is just not that great the more and more I look at it. I keep trying to figure out some gem we can find and maybe get a deal but I really dont see much. I also bet Heisley is happy this class sucks b/c then if he doesnt use the capspace he can be like "There was nobody out there that fit our 3 year plan, so who would you have like me to sign?"

I think our only hope is a solid draft and then trades. Lots of teams will be willing to trade in my opinion so I really dont think Free Agency is that important except for bench guys. And just based on the history of the NBA a lot of time expensive free agency signings never really work out well.

That was good. Especially the Heisley comment :lol:

What do you guys think about this Othyus Jeffers guy? He seems like he could really help a team coming off the bench and I would take him over Buckner any day lol

Boozer is going to the highest bidder. If you think he is going to leave $30-50 million on the table to play home games in Miami, you are not thinking right.

You hit the nail on the head.... Boozer will ink with the team that presents the biggest offer. He proved he was all about money when he decided he'd rather make a little more money in Utah rather than stay in Cleveland and play with the best player in the game. The thing about Boozer is there is alot of good qualities and alot of bad qualities...... The question is, does the good out-weigh the bad and that's what Chris Wallace gets paid to determine.

We have the ability to present the biggest offer considering we have the largest amount of cap-space. But, do you want to get into a bidding war for Carlos Boozer??? He's definitely going to attract plenty of attention. So, does he improve our team enough to a point where we would be willing to offer more than fair market value in order to out-bid other suitors and present an offer he couldn't refuse?

The Good: He's the answer to our gaping hole at PF. He gives us a low post presence that demands a double team which is a must for any successful team. Double-Double machine averaging a DD 3 years in a row. One of the best rebounders in the league. Could become the vocal leader of this team once he got here. He's a winner, always won whereever he's been. Would bring a physical toughness this team has never had or seen. Has valueable playoff experience which is needed once this young team finally gets there. Has played his best ball in the playoffs in 34 playoff games averaged 20.4 pts 12.2rbs. Would take alot of pressure off Mike, OJ, Rudy, and Marc making them better players.

The Bad: Can he stay helathy??? Missed 31 games in 04-05, 49 games in 05-06, and 45 games in 08-09. Not the greatest defender as far as shot blocking goes. Is he more important than the team??? Is he worth a max contract with the risks???

Now that we are probably getting Rubio in the draft not a power forward is it back to the Millsap bandwagon???

I would be all about Milsap, Varejao, Birdman. < the last 2 to battle with Arthur for backup PF.