Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Minnesota Timberwolves @ Memphis Grizzlies - 11/6/19

Just caught up on everything. Love seeing Brooks play like this, he's been good most of the season, couple bad games vs Bulls and Lakers, but you can tell he's competing hard and has a lot of heart. He's been our best perimeter defender so far this season. 

Someone fill me in about what happened with Jaren tonight, was he that bad? 

2 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

Just caught up on everything. Love seeing Brooks play like this, he's been good most of the season, couple bad games vs Bulls and Lakers, but you can tell he's competing hard and has a lot of heart. He's been our best perimeter defender so far this season. 

Someone fill me in about what happened with Jaren tonight, was he that bad? 

Yup. 0 points/4 rebounds/2 assists. Early foul trouble again. Spent most of the game on the bench (only played 15 minutes).

1 minute ago, costarica2 said:

JJJ -22 on a 140 point game.

Dude lost all his confidence nothing is going right for him.

They gotta run sets for him to start 1st and 3rd to establish him in the paint then let his outside game flow naturally. But he also has to stop fouling. 

1 minute ago, QMemphis said:

They gotta run sets for him to start 1st and 3rd to establish him in the paint then let his outside game flow naturally. But he also has to stop fouling. 

Totally agree on the fouls but they do need to find a way to give him the ball in the post he’s usually guarded by smaller guys who he should easily be scoring on. 

The biggest test for whether Jenkins is a good coach or not is how JJJ plays this season. JJJ has individually been bad so far, but the coaching has not helped him at all, the rotations are weird, we're running no plays to get him good looks/easy buckets, no plays to build chemistry with Ja, and his confidence is shot.

Don't get me wrong, some of it is on Jaren as well, he's got to be better, I've said this already. But the coaching is not helping at all

3 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

The biggest test for whether Jenkins is a good coach or not is how JJJ plays this season. JJJ has individually been bad so far, but the coaching has not helped him at all, the rotations are weird, we're running no plays to get him good looks/easy buckets, no plays to build chemistry with Ja, and his confidence is shot.

Don't get me wrong, some of it is on Jaren as well, he's got to be better, I've said this already. But the coaching is not helping at all

Rookie coach, 2nd youngest coach in the NBA. He has his own personal learning curve to deal with. Let's see how fast he can get up to speed.

alot of great bounce back games for guys save for jaren.  it's going to be up and down this year like alot of us have been saying.  just want to see steady progression from players and coach.

9 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

Just noticed you're an Ozzie. Do you usually watch the games live? I believe you are 12 hours ahead of me (I'm in Toronto). 

great win by our guys last night great to us win the 4th q,great things to come , good win grizzlies fans 

winning feels  good,  good things to come 

4 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Kyle Anderson doesn’t break ankles, he just slowly dislocates them.

Best quote of the day!

Kyle Anderson is the new Chuck Norris!

🤣💫💨

5 hours ago, GameOn said:

Just noticed you're an Ozzie. Do you usually watch the games live? I believe you are 12 hours ahead of me (I'm in Toronto). 

If I don't have class or work, I usually watch the games live, they're usually on late morning/early afternoon here. Otherwise I have to settle for a delayed watch/highlights. This season I've been trying to watch as many games as I can fit, my schedule has been good lately so I've been able to watch most games. 

I'm glad I missed on some of my predictions for this game.  Particularly the one where we lose.  Having said that:

Ja...what can you say about this kid?  He's already learning to save his best for the 4th quarters.  Now if he can fix our 3rd quarter problems...

Dillon...great game.  3 and D guy with a solid 3 point stroke and really good when in rhythm.  And I agree he shouldn't do any post game interviews; does he have a stutter?

Jonas...he's getting there.  I don't know if he's afraid of hurting someone, but when he grabs a rebound in traffic he needs to do something to discourage opponents trying to tie him up or steal the ball.

Kyle...he was good tonight, especially in the 3rd period when we were in danger of losing the lead.  I wonder if he would be good to pair with Jonas when Tyus is running the point?

Brandon...man we really scored in this draft.  This kid is good, and just solid fundamentally.  He's our best shot blocker.

Jae... he's pretty good on catch and shoot 3's; when he's trying to create and stops and pops, it's brick city.  Solid he tonight.

Marko...hey, he actually hit a 3.  Now can he stop with the pump fake and get called for travelling, and just $+@#!/? Let it fly?

Tyus... he's good when he plays within himself and doesn't try to do too much.

Bruno...good minutes.  Played some good defense today.  Can you imagine what kind of player you'd have if he had Brandon Clarke's brain and motor?

Jaren... I'm not gonna dump on the kid.  He clearly has a confidence problem right now and is "playing not to lose".  If you guys recall, Mike Conley had to go to a sports psychologist early in his career because he was so bad.  He turned out ok.  I'm rooting for him.  I saw Solomon Hill trying to pump him up a couple of times.

Solomon Hill...did he wear his fro tonight?  If I'm remembering correctly and he did, then THAT is the key to us winning.  Forget all your superstitions, this is the key!

Coach Jenkins...I don't know about his rotations, but I'm believing there is a method to his madness.  Our front office that made so many moves we were all raving about, also picked him to lead the team.  I'm going to believe they knew what they were doing because just being negative about it takes too much energy.

The end.

1 hour ago, CarloJ63 said:

I'm glad I missed on some of my predictions for this game.  Particularly the one where we lose.  Having said that:

Ja...what can you say about this kid?  He's already learning to save his best for the 4th quarters.  Now if he can fix our 3rd quarter problems...

Dillon...great game.  3 and D guy with a solid 3 point stroke and really good when in rhythm.  And I agree he shouldn't do any post game interviews; does he have a stutter?

Jonas...he's getting there.  I don't know if he's afraid of hurting someone, but when he grabs a rebound in traffic he needs to do something to discourage opponents trying to tie him up or steal the ball.

Kyle...he was good tonight, especially in the 3rd period when we were in danger of losing the lead.  I wonder if he would be good to pair with Jonas when Tyus is running the point?

Brandon...man we really scored in this draft.  This kid is good, and just solid fundamentally.  He's our best shot blocker.

Jae... he's pretty good on catch and shoot 3's; when he's trying to create and stops and pops, it's brick city.  Solid he tonight.

Marko...hey, he actually hit a 3.  Now can he stop with the pump fake and get called for travelling, and just $+@#!/? Let it fly?

Tyus... he's good when he plays within himself and doesn't try to do too much.

Bruno...good minutes.  Played some good defense today.  Can you imagine what kind of player you'd have if he had Brandon Clarke's brain and motor?

Jaren... I'm not gonna dump on the kid.  He clearly has a confidence problem right now and is "playing not to lose".  If you guys recall, Mike Conley had to go to a sports psychologist early in his career because he was so bad.  He turned out ok.  I'm rooting for him.  I saw Solomon Hill trying to pump him up a couple of times.

Solomon Hill...did he wear his fro tonight?  If I'm remembering correctly and he did, then THAT is the key to us winning.  Forget all your superstitions, this is the key!

Coach Jenkins...I don't know about his rotations, but I'm believing there is a method to his madness.  Our front office that made so many moves we were all raving about, also picked him to lead the team.  I'm going to believe they knew what they were doing because just being negative about it takes too much energy.

The end.

Pete and Brevin stated it was the athletic team's idea as far as rotations