Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Houston Rockets - 11/4/19

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

I mean have you thought that maybe its an organizational plan to have Ja play a certain amount of minutes no matter the results...since they arent expecting wins.

Yea Herrington mentioned as much on radio this morning.   he showed that all the Top 5 rookies typically averaged 28-30mpg as rookies.  Ja's minutes are actually the norm.   No reason to burn him out during a rebuilding season. 

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

Y'all need to put some respect on DBrooks name. He's our best defender 

Im hoping he develops into a sniper who can defend both wing positions. Him and Clarke being the ultimate role players as 4th and 5th options who are not offensive liabilities.

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I mean have you thought that maybe its an organizational plan to have Ja play a certain amount of minutes no matter the results...since they arent expecting wins.

Yes, this team is being so overcoached and managed that it makes me think the decisions are coming from the front office.

However I think load managing a rookie is idiotic, especially a relatively raw one that still needs to learn a lot. Like Jaren for example, looks like he learned nothing. I don't want that to be the same with Clarke, Ja, future guy, etc.

Just now, Dwash said:

Im hoping he develops into a sniper who can defend both wing positions. Him and Clarke being the ultimate role players as 4th and 5th options who are not offensive liabilities.

I can see that being their perfect roles.  He's played great D on Irvin, Devon and now on harden 

Just now, Dwash said:

Thats my best case scenario too.       I really want this lineup(Ja - Josh - Dillon - Brandon- Jaren) to show potential.       That is THREE insanely athletic flyers(Ja Josh BC)  with 2 floor spacers (Dillon and Jaren).   Super fun to watch. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Thats my best case scenario too.       I really want this lineup(Ja - Josh - Dillon - Brandon- Jaren) to show potential.       That is THREE insanely athletic flyers(Ja Josh BC)  with 2 floor spacers (Dillon and Jaren).   Super fun to watch. 

What is the timeline on Josh Jackson?

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea Herrington mentioned as much on radio this morning.   he showed that all the Top 5 rookies typically averaged 28-30mpg as rookies.  Ja's minutes are actually the norm.   No reason to burn him out during a rebuilding season. 

burn him out from what? The grind comes from playoff games, we're three years away from that. Load management is not for rookies. 

Rookie stars play 30+ minutes, especially on dumpster fire teams. Kyrie, Durant, Westbrook, Doncic, Trae Young. All over 31 minutes a game. 

Ja did not score in the second.

Ja did not play in the second.

How is he or anyone supposed to get better if they don't even play????//????

WTH ARE WE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

You only like one player?  I like the Grizzlies team!  C'mon man!!!

What about clarke??He played well yet he didn't see the floor in the second.?!

5 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

burn him out from what? The grind comes from playoff games, we're three years away from that. Load management is not for rookies. 

Rookie stars play 30+ minutes, especially on dumpster fire teams. Kyrie, Durant, Westbrook, Doncic, Trae Young. All over 31 minutes a game. 

Still possible for Ja to end up same as Trae (30.9mpg).  We are only 5 games into season.    But no real reason for him to be avg 34mpg when they are trying  to evaluate the entire roster and we actually have a good backup PG.    Especially considering he is barely 175lbs and is constantly crashing to the floor. 

Jaren is the player that should be avg 30+  but his foul troubles makes it difficult to do that. 

No surprise, we play well in first half as usual....the second concern me more. I have the same feeling many have here regarding Ja. He should play 28-32 min. Let's see if the coach plan to make him play more in 3 rd and  4th quarter... 

8 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Didn't Gasol play a lot of 40 minute games? Burn out a rookie, that's almost an insane thing to say.

1 minute ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

No surprise, we play well in first half as usual....the second concern me more. I have the same feeling many have here regarding Ja. He should play 28-32 min. Let's see if the coach plan to make him play more in 3 rd and  4th quarter... 

They're playing a completely different game tonight than all of the others.