Ole Dirty Klondike

What Can Be Done to Keep JJJ on the floor? What Options Do We Have?

7 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

tonight was as bad as I’ve seen from jjj. that plot line in the shadows is becoming more and more a reality- how will jjj take the reality that this is ja’s team? 

slim. 

Do you think that's an issue?

Just now, memphis slim said:

I could certainly see it. you not?

slim. 

I don't know.  It probably is a change that he's going to have to deal with.  They've been selling him as the future cornerstone, now suddenly things look different.  I hope he comes around.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't know.  It probably is a change that he's going to have to deal with.  They've been selling him as the future cornerstone, now suddenly things look different.  I hope he comes around.

I hope he comes around too, but game one while JJJ was mostly smiles , Ja was mad and not happy with the beating in the 4th. I see a big difference in that, I’ve been hard on JJJ the last few days, he needs to step up and everyone needs to stop coddling him.

7 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

I hope he comes around too, but game one while JJJ was mostly smiles , Ja was mad and not happy with the beating in the 4th. I see a big difference in that, I’ve been hard on JJJ the last few days, he needs to step up and everyone needs to stop coddling him.

Jaren looked mad when he was on the bench.  Not in the best mood — but we won.

The great Wendell Carter Jr. had 6 fouls in 13 minutes.  Not a league for big men, but you still need big man depth.  One of these days Jaren is gonna get hot, get the right matchup and light it up.  

6 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

DBrooks scrub a+# put in work tonight 

So did Andrew Wiggins, I’m guessing you think he’s good too. Miss me with 1 good game, he’ll follow it with 5 bad ones. 

7 minutes ago, King Dork said:

So did Andrew Wiggins, I’m guessing you think he’s good too. Miss me with 1 good game, he’ll follow it with 5 bad ones. 

Supposedly Wiggins has been on a roll,  not my concern though.  Scrappy defense by Dillon. Don't make me sing the 3 6 and hot boys  again 

On 11/7/2019 at 4:13 AM, King Dork said:

People's hatred and obsession with WIggins on this board is beyond hilarious.  It's mighty funny how Wiggins has gone back to being a scorer since Thibs and Butler left. He's averaging  25 ppg and 5 boards a game on 46% shooting. Thibs and Butler are poison simple and plain. Wiggins is a one dimensional scorer, you use him as such. If you do that and know what to expect, he's fine. if you have some unrealistic expectation of him being the next Jordan or Kobe because he was a #1 pick, you will be disappointed (btw, neither Jordan nor Kobe were #1 picks). You use him to exploit his strengths not try to use him to do things he can't do. That's exactly what Thibs did and that's what people are currently complaining about how Jenkins uses JJJ and JV. A coach's system can ruin a player.

74782089_2862594980439723_54076338030132

16 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

People's hatred and obsession with WIggins on this board is beyond hilarious.  It's mighty funny how Wiggins has gone back to being a scorer since Thibs and Butler left. He's averaging  25 ppg and 5 boards a game on 46% shooting. Thibs and Butler are poison simple and plain. Wiggins is a one dimensional scorer, you use him as such. If you do that and know what to expect, he's fine. if you have some unrealistic expectation of him being the next Jordan or Kobe because he was a #1 pick, you will be disappointed (btw, neither Jordan nor Kobe were #1 picks). You use him to exploit his strengths not try to use him to do things he can't do. That's exactly what Thibs did and that's what people are currently complaining about how Jenkins uses JJJ and JV. A coach's system can ruin a player.

74782089_2862594980439723_54076338030132

You do realize I was the dude advocating for us to trade for him all summer with the bag of chips that is Chandler Parsons right? 

26 minutes ago, King Dork said:

You do realize I was the dude advocating for us to trade for him all summer with the bag of chips that is Chandler Parsons right? 

And you realize that you would have been laughed out of the room with that offer?

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

And you realize that you would have been laughed out of the room with that offer?

Yep. But half the people on these boards said they wouldn’t do it. And I was laughed off the boards for saying not being willing to take Wiggs for CP was insane. 

Wiggins is a career 14.6 PER player, for a guy making 30 mil a year for the next 4 years, not good.

The max level 2ndary star we should always be looking after is D-Lo 

16 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Wiggins is a career 14.6 PER player, for a guy making 30 mil a year for the next 4 years, not good.

Love the idea of parlaying our pick this year into Russell if we end up keeping it.

3 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Ok and? He's a scorer. There are a lot of inefficient scorers and 15 is around avg for a wing. Nobody said the guy was perfect or a superstar. He's just a scorer. Who cares about his salary? Who else are we going to sign they're not trading him now that Thibs and Butler are gone. 

3 hours ago, King Dork said:

Good for you. People always attribute it to me.

I was just trying to dump that trash Parsons. Many on this board said they would rather keep a decrepit broken down chump like Parsons rather than getting a scorer with an imperfect game who is in his early 20s and has been relatively injury free I just can't believe people can't understand the toxic environment that Thibs and Butler created. He's no star but he can score for your team. The hate for this dude is hilarious because they suggest so many other bums but dog out Wiggins.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I was just trying to dump that trash Parsons. Many on this board said they would rather keep a decrepit broken down chump like Parsons rather than getting a scorer with an imperfect game who is in his early 20s and has been relatively injury free I just can't believe people can't understand the toxic environment that Thibs and Butler created. He's no star but he can score for your team. The hate for this dude is hilarious because they suggest so many other bums but dog out Wiggins.

Exactly!! And I’d Defoe SURE take him now. We have a true Alpha on the team now. And he’s our pg. Ja can control how and when Wiggins gets the ball. He’s a wing SCORER. That’s what we need

6 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I didn't have any interest in getting Wiggins either.  The length of his contract was putting me off considering that he doesn't provide much in the way of defense.  He is looking better this season, but he is in that same class of players as Carmelo Anthony, to my mind.  You know, the ones who think it's like football and you only play one end of the court?  He would obviously be way, way better than Parsons though.  And for the record I agree about Butler's toxicity, don't know much about Thibs.

Good for Wiggins lighting up the Warriors gleaguers, but analytics have consistently said that he negatively impacts the game. You dont commit 20-25% of your cap for 4 years to a guy who doesnt have a positive impact on your team. I dont know if Thibs is bad or not but no coach should make a true max talent a negative player. That starts with the player.

23 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Id rather keep Dillon over acquiring Wiggins.  And Rather see Josh over Wiggins too.    

Now that we have Ja i can give 2 squats about Wiggins.  

Asinine. Wiggins has had a lot of hate over the years, but is better than both of them. Has played amazing this year. 

last three games he’s put up 25-30-40

20 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

That can be attributed to Thibs. As a matter of fact if you look at the years before he was here and the year right after he got here his pet was around 17. This year it’s at 20 and climbing. He had a rough start but has since got into a rhythm and is playing well with kat. 

Making good decisions compared to his first few years in the league. 

any player able to put up 25ppg is better than any player weve had in a Grizz uniform. Period.

Minnesota is winning too. 5-3 right now with KAT and Wiggins doing the work. 

miss me with the stats that have no clarification. Wiggins PER will be around 22-24 by the end of the season. His first few games killed that and he’s still at 20 right now. 

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Good for Wiggins lighting up the Warriors gleaguers, but analytics have consistently said that he negatively impacts the game. You dont commit 20-25% of your cap for 4 years to a guy who doesnt have a positive impact on your team. I dont know if Thibs is bad or not but no coach should make a true max talent a negative player. That starts with the player.

I’ll shout from the mountain top that it was Thibs that ruined that. Minnesota is 5-3 right now and Wiggins is playing well