FrenchGrizzlies

Is Jenkins an NBA level coach?

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Bruno made some good plays on D tonight. DB will be cold as a 3 day **** Friday Night. 

I thought the lineup with Bruno, Clarke, Kyle, and Tyus together really did a nice job.

Is simple JA plays most of the 4Qr we win.

Ja doesn't play we lose.

That and not going 3 for 30 from 3.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I thought the lineup with Bruno, Clarke, Kyle, and Tyus together really did a nice job.

Yeah they were awesome. Bruno had a really nice game.  In a game like this he is a solid option at the 5.  

After something Pete mentioned on the commentary yesterday I had a look at the team stats. The Grizzlies are; 1st in points in the paint per game, 2nd in Fast Break points and 5th in pace. The 3 point shooting has been horrific but Jenkins seems to have implemented his system pretty quickly and if the 3 point shooting turns around or in the offseason the FO can bring some shooters in then the offense will look pretty threatening. 

The usual small sample caveats apply!

13 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Memphis had 52 bench points compared to 31 for Minnesota.

Unexpected but wonderful.  Didn't hurt that Clarke was a bencher this time. This might hint that Coach is still working out which groupings work. 

16 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Unexpected but wonderful.  Didn't hurt that Clarke was a bencher this time. This might hint that Coach is still working out which groupings work. 

Or that Jaren Jackson thought he was able to play after being out injured in the previous game. 

If we shoot the 3 well, we do enough other good things to win. We're 5th in rebounding, 6th in assists, 7th in steals, 6th in blocks. That's all really good. The bad is we're 26th in turnovers and 28th in 3 point percentage. Our opponent field goal percentages and rebounding are all middle of the pack, which is decent enough to win. If we didn't shoot sub 30% from 3, we'd be pretty good. 

On 11/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, costarica2 said:

Is the only explanation for what he is doing...Is either that or he is the worst coach I have ever seen.

No player is allow to play more than 4 minutes in a row even if they are on fire and he is basically losing games or purpose.

Well... Orlando did close out the game on a 39-10 run if my math is correct.  

I think Jenkins days are numbered.

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

I don't think Jenkins" days are numbered since this new FO hand picked him, but to close a game going 39 - 10 without some sort of a reaction from him seems weird. 

I hope he spat some 🔥 in the locker room after, instead of the usual: we will watch film and keep improving everyday.

8 hours ago, bhoyal said:

For the sake of our sanity and the Grizz organisation, hope you are right...but as he was hired by the new FO...he has a year at least.

8 hours ago, bhoyal said:

how about LAKERS coach frank vogel  how were his Days in Orlando, thank god you don,t work for N.B.A teams   it about players sir, the player are young, with 80 million UNDER the cap coming our way and many first round picks coming , the grizzlies will be in the play-off in 3 years 

18 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

For the sake of our sanity and the Grizz organisation, hope you are right...but as he was hired by the new FO...he has a year at least.

wrong he  will have at least 3/4 years, playoff by year 3, BUT if Memphis gets lucky in the draft next year and pick the Memphis tiger big man ,then YOU and your love J.V  will be gone by next year 

Edited by lions

1 minute ago, lions said:

wrong he  will have at least 3/4 years, playoff by year 3, BUT if Memphis gets lucky in the draft next year and pick the Memphis tiger big man ,then YOU and your love J.V  will be gone by next year 

...one can only hope...

55 minutes ago, lions said:

I don't mind if JV stays...

If this team can't sniff .500 for three more years, is there not a chance it will end up in Seattle?

Is it fair for Memphis to pay the dues of rebuilding and then end up with no team?  While Nashville is in the running for an MLB franchise even though they already have NFL and NHL?  Sucking for 3 more years is not an option.  This needs to be the absolute final season of tanking.

10 hours ago, bhoyal said:

I don't think that Jenkins is in trouble yet simply because that would make the FO look terrible. His helter-skelter ball isn't working out very well though. He said in an interview after the Wolves game he wanted the Grizz shooting more 3s. That's foolish with the shooters this team has on it. Who did they get for Miles, certainly not anyone who could shoot as good as he can.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Look what happened after the coach took him out of the game last night, Vucevic ate 3J up. When they gave 3J the player of the game, he had 12 and 4 rebounds, JV had 15 and 9 and that point in time. TOTAL BS.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Look what happened after the coach took him out of the game last night, Vucevic ate 3J up. When they gave 3J the player of the game, he had 12 and 4 rebounds, JV had 15 and 9 and that point in time. TOTAL BS.

I guess my humor went way over your head.

4 hours ago, lions said:

how about LAKERS coach frank vogel  how were his Days in Orlando, thank god you don,t work for N.B.A teams   it about players sir, the player are young, with 80 million UNDER the cap coming our way and many first round picks coming , the grizzlies will be in the play-off in 3 years 

For real. This simple fact has not penetrated much of this board: 45% of the team salary is dead money, going to players that have not seen the court (Jackson/Iggy), and Hill. What players remain make up one of the youngest teams in the league. This means the Grizz are going to lose a lot of games and blow a lot of leads. I'm just glad that there has been a competitive stretch in most of the games.

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

how about his lover 

7 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't think that Jenkins is in trouble yet simply because that would make the FO look terrible. His helter-skelter ball isn't working out very well though. He said in an interview after the Wolves game he wanted the Grizz shooting more 3s. That's foolish with the shooters this team has on it. Who did they get for Miles, certainly not anyone who could shoot as good as he can.

The reason they got into a hole against Minny in the 3rd was because they started launching 3s.

The reason they got out of that hole was because of Kyle Anderson and his smart IQ play.

The reason they won the game was precisely because they cut down on launching 3s for the sake of it.

The reason they have lost many of the games so far is because they are just sprinting and chucking. Last night was a great example. Brooks couldn't hit the side of a barn, and Crowder chucking 3s with 20secs on the shot clock?

You got that right, it IS foolish of Jenkins to want to shoot more 3s when the personnel we currently have makes us one of the worst shooting 3s team in the league.

Jenkins? Smfh

18 hours ago, bhoyal said:

No because he is following the memo perfectly so far

Tank tank tank tank tank