FrenchGrizzlies

Is Jenkins an NBA level coach?

I saw a report where we aren't going to really play Ja over 30 minutes a night. I guess they just want to protect him, but he obviously gives us the best chance to win. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I saw a report where we aren't going to really play Ja over 30 minutes a night. I guess they just want to protect him, but he obviously gives us the best chance to win. 

Well Jaren better hurry up and come back.  Because the only guys i enjoy watching during this tankfest season are Ja, BC and Jaren.   I really hope they don't keep Josh in the Hustle too long.   

I think this team can compete if they put the correct players on the floor. Bruno, 3J, JV, 2J and Ja. They could us DB, BC, GA, TJ, RA and intermingle 1 or 2 of the bigs, plus JA and JJ with them depending on how JJ plays.

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Well Jaren better hurry up and come back.  Because the only guys i enjoy watching during this tankfest season are Ja, BC and Jaren.   I really hope they don't keep Josh in the Hustle too long.   

Agreed on both accounts. If we're tanking, we have to figure out who might be here, what their role will be, etc. Josh, Bruno, and Melton need to be playing over Hill, Marko, and some of Jae's minutes. There's no reason to trot Solomon "over the" Hill out there. 

7 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yep I agree with Costarica, this guy is completely blind or he is a puppet ordered to toe the line and tank, tank, tank.

Smit-tay asks where is the evidence? The evidence is today, with Guduric in, Houston goes on a 11-2 run. Before that we were in the game for real. After that, it was over. Jenkins takes a time out - what does he do? Of course, leave scrub Guduric in, and Ja or anyone else with a pulse, two arms & legs on the bench to ensure the tank. 68-67 became 76-84.More evidence: takes Guduric out at the start of the 4th and then puts him back in after 2mins until  when Ja comes in to make up his 26 mins. The game was already over, done and dusted.

It's disgraceful, and the fans should not cop that chite.

Vernon needs to start speaking out, like he's done before, there needs to be accountability for this crap.

I used to think JB got fired because he wasn't very good. Now I know why. Because the team played reasonably well post trade deadline, and JB actually tried to win games. He stuffed up the memo to tank, tank, tank.

There was no attempt to halt the run in the 3rd, none at all. No attempt to win by benching the trash and putting in guys who can actually play.

Even under the incompetence of Fizdale and JB, this never happened so blatantly like in this game. NO ATTEMPT to halt the run, bench the trash, and put in the starters or front of the line bench.

It's shameful, and if this don't change real quick, the fan base is gonna rebel.

Verno spoke out when he was an independent contractor reporting on the Grizzlies. Do you really expect him to bite the hand that feeds him? He's an employee of the team and he will give your the team's version of the truth is all. 

Oh and JB wasn't very good. He gave up more second half double digit leads than any coach in the NBA by a wide margin. He failed to design plays out of timeouts so the team could score. He won games because the players were veterans and had pride not because he coached well. 

The team is rebuilding and looking to develop their youth with experience immediately. That means allowing players like Marco to play minutes even if it is hurting the team. It is ridiculous to hold the coach accountable for the early season struggles when the player with the most experience was a second round draft pick who has been with the team a total of 106 games. 

give me a List  of veteran coaches with a winning record who you think wants to coach a young team  . I,m looking at the BIG  picture BRETT BROWN and the PHILADELPHIA 76ers blue print 

15 minutes ago, lions said:

give me a List  of veteran coaches with a winning record who you think wants to coach a young team  . I,m looking at the BIG  picture BRETT BROWN and the PHILADELPHIA 76ers blue print 

Exactly half of the active coaches in the NBA right now have an all-time winning record:

Brad Stevens
Rick Carlisle
Dwane Casey
Steve Kerr
Mike D'Antoni
Nate McMillan
Doc Rivers
Erik Spoelstra
Mike Budenholzer
Billy Donovan
Terry Stotts
Gregg Popovich
Nick Nurse
Quinn Snyder
Scott Brooks

24 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Exactly half of the active coaches in the NBA right now have an all-time winning record:

Brad Stevens
Rick Carlisle
Dwane Casey
Steve Kerr
Mike D'Antoni
Nate McMillan
Doc Rivers
Erik Spoelstra
Mike Budenholzer
Billy Donovan
Terry Stotts
Gregg Popovich
Nick Nurse
Quinn Snyder
Scott Brooks

give me one of those coaches who would coach Memphis now and win now 

37 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Brad Stevens
Rick Carlisle
Dwane Casey
Steve Kerr
Mike D'Antoni
Nate McMillan
Doc Rivers
Erik Spoelstra
Mike Budenholzer
Billy Donovan
Terry Stotts
Gregg Popovich
Nick Nurse
Quinn Snyder
Scott Brooks

steve kerr LOST all of his all stars and lets  see if he makes the playoff.  KERR was giving a H,O,F  roster you put coach Jenkins with that H,O,F roster and see  how many titles he would have one , very simply , if you do not have the players you donot win. ask luke Walton 39-4 with golden state 

if a fan doesnot want to see a rebuild don.t watch the grizzlies , go follow the chippers or the Fakers 

just think if the DALLAS COWBOYS fired JIMMY JOHNSON  after going 1-15 in his first coaching season 

On 10/30/2019 at 10:28 AM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, I would hesitate judging a coach after 4 games. Especially a coach that is being brought in for a rebuild. He doesn't have the talent he needs to run his system.

He barely has talent period. This team stinks. You have 3 Players to build around (Ja, JJJ, Jonas) and a few career backups (Tyus, Kyle, DBrooks, Jae, Hill). Everybody else is pure trash. We don't have enough quality NBA starters to have a starting lineup.

hahahaha PURE Trash....lol.

21 hours ago, lions said:

give me one of those coaches who would coach Memphis now and win now 

Even Jesus wouldn't win with this bunch? lol.  Wait a minute?  well Jesus may.

2 hours ago, The REF said:

Even Jesus wouldn't win with this bunch? lol.  Wait a minute?  well Jesus may.

jesus could because jesus  makes miracles happens , that's comes with FAITH

the Grizzlies will be good in about 3 years , my problem it will take a miracle to win a n.b.a title  in my life time

23 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

giphy.gif

thanks fanboyslim  are you the real Memphis slim

On 11/5/2019 at 8:07 AM, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I think this team can compete if they put the correct players on the floor. 

They have shown that they can run with the best, but we are getting pounded by the opponent's bench. 
Their 6-7-8 guys are better than ours. 

2 hours ago, TimBC said:

They have shown that they can run with the best, but we are getting pounded by the opponent's bench. 

2 hours ago, TimBC said:

2 hours ago, TimBC said:

Memphis had 52 bench points compared to 31 for Minnesota.