I❤️JV

JOSH JACKSON SITUATION

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Do yall know what development means? The gleague is suppossed to be a humbling experience so he will appreciate being in the league. So its no need to break it one week in just tonsee what he has. He played regular NBA minutes for 2 years so they pretty much know what he is.

How much humbling do you think he requires?

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

How much humbling do you think he requires?

I dont know but one game probably ismt enough. What was the point of even sending him down then?

Just now, Dwash said:

I dont know but one game probably ismt enough. What was the point of even sending him down then?

I'll buy that.  After tonight he's got two games.  So, a month?  Two months?  We're not winning anything this year anyway, we may as well ensure the humbling process is complete.  I'm just like the other impatient fans though.  I want to win now, as stupid as it may seem.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'll buy that.  After tonight he's got two games.  So, a month?  Two months?  We're not winning anything this year anyway, we may as well ensure the humbling process is complete.  I'm just like the other impatient fans though.  I want to win now, as stupid as it may seem.

Jackson doesnt help you win anything. Jackson had the lowest win share in the league out of 674 players. Thats the other part. Even if you get his attitude correct he has been pretty bad on the court up to this point.  Cant shoot, cant finish, takes bad shots, makes bad decisions, not good on defense.

12 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Jackson doesnt help you win anything. Jackson had the lowest win share in the league out of 674 players. Thats the other part. Even if you get his attitude correct he has been pretty bad on the court up to this point.  Cant shoot, cant finish, takes bad shots, makes bad decisions, not good on defense.

Hopefully his tenure with the Hustle might help him make some positive adjustments.  They are supposed to help with development, aren't they?  Do you think the book on Josh Jackson is already written?

7 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Hopefully his tenure with the Hustle might help him make some positive adjustments.  They are supposed to help with development, aren't they?  Do you think the book on Josh Jackson is already written?

Yeah honestly but if he turns into a positive player if will take some time.

8 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Oh I wonder wonder who, who wrote the book of love? 

8 hours ago, Dwash said:

I suppose you think those 11 rebounds that he got last night just fell into his hands, right? And how long did he play in that game?

On 11/9/2019 at 11:33 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I don't believe the book is written but what has been written needs a serious re-write. If anyone can turn Josh's game around it is Jason March. He was instrumental in turning around Gasol after his rookie season and Z-Bo when he came here also. He is focusing on improving people's shots with the Hustle which is exactly what Josh needs as far as coaching. 

Josh's form isn't great on his shot, but it doesn't have a hitch anymore and it is a lot faster now than at least his rookie year. Defensively, he is better than probably any other wing option that we have. Dillon gives good effort, but Josh actually has the length and athleticism to block shots and contest jumpers. 

As for how long he stays, I'm not sure, maybe 1 more game, maybe another month or two. I think he needs to be here sooner than later though. He can have all of Hill's minutes and some of Jae's when he comes up. Even Josh's least efficient season is still better than Jae this season. He's better at attacking the basket than Jae because of his athleticism. Josh does need to work on his floater/in between game because he is woefully inefficient in 3-10 feet away. He did bring his 3 point shooting up 6% last year, doubt he does it again, but even a 2-3% increase and he's significantly more efficient and valuable. 

go ahead and bring him up. I don’t really subscribe to the ‘don’t bring that bad apple around our impressionable, young ones’ anymore. if he comes up and is an as5 hat, deal with it swiftly- period. it would be good to have speed and athleticism as another option for ja as he’s running the offense. 

slim. 

I'd like to know if they've given him a timeline, such as 3-6 weeks, and that includes an evaluation at Thanksgiving.  If so, stick to it.  

The main focus is what is best for the team in the long run.  If Josh can be a future contributor, don't yank him around because he'll bolt in free agency.  If they want to keep him as trade bait, then I guess keep him down there for a while.

My expectation is that Josh has been provided with a development plan and is going to be evaluated against it. Then, if he succeeds, he will prove that he is coachable. If not, I may accept the fact that Taylor rejects him joining the main squad.   

8 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I'd like to know if they've given him a timeline, such as 3-6 weeks, and that includes an evaluation at Thanksgiving.  If so, stick to it.  

The main focus is what is best for the team in the long run.  If Josh can be a future contributor, don't yank him around because he'll bolt in free agency.  If they want to keep him as trade bait, then I guess keep him down there for a while.

Parsons claims he was never given a timeline, but that was a different FO under different circumstances. I would hope this FO has been clear in communicating their expectations to Josh. 

Soooo, to all people who are screaming "BRING JOSH BACK". Put yourself into FO shoes. 

1 You mistreat Josh and just see salary filler in him.

2 Fans (some) wants to see him play for the big team and are chanting "BRING HIM BACK".

If you bring him back and he sucks, you were right and fans are happy....BUT....WHAT IF HE IS GOOD?

He is good and fans are unhappy for the treatment he received....he leaves in the summer and fans are rebelling and asking for your head....sooo, ask yourself if you are FO....would you bring him back and expose yourself?....NO NO and NO efing way....

JOSH JACKSON IS NEVER COMING BACK   

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Soooo, to all people who are screaming "BRING JOSH BACK". Put yourself into FO shoes. 

1 You mistreat Josh and just see salary filler in him.

2 Fans (some) wants to see him play for the big team and are chanting "BRING HIM BACK".

If you bring him back and he sucks, you were right and fans are happy....BUT....WHAT IF HE IS GOOD?

He is good and fans are unhappy for the treatment he received....he leaves in the summer and fans are rebelling and asking for your head....sooo, ask yourself if you are FO....would you bring him back and expose yourself?....NO NO and NO efing way....

JOSH JACKSON IS NEVER COMING BACK   

When in the hollo has he ever been here?