southbluffsgrizzfan

Lets trade Ja for Cobey White.....

10 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

...so the reason you are here is to tear down Grizzlies' players?

Fake fan.

So telling it like it really is, is being a fake fan? I thought Carter was a better pick also but 3J is doing pretty good with that funky shot he has. I think Carter should be a PF.

25 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Dont change the name of this threadn it will never die.

I kind of wish it would die though...

2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

So telling it like it really is, is being a fake fan? I thought Carter was a better pick also but 3J is doing pretty good with that funky shot he has. I think Carter should be a PF.

If you think that, that is one thing.  But if you take every opportunity to come on a Grizzlies' fan forum to bash a young Grizzlies player, and taunt all the fans with the stats of some other guy from another team who we cannot get, then yeah, you're a fake fan.  Players taken at lower drafted positions have frequently outperformed others taken higher.  Get over it!  It's just a fact of life, and all the crybaby whining in the world will not change it.  But Jaren is not done yet and will hopefully improve, and some other player being better now doesn't make him bad.  The fact is, he is on the Grizzlies.  Get behind the players on the team or move on, but just don't bore me with excessive whining because someone else outperforms him.

14 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

You didn’t read my comment I see. I said minus the one bad game where Carter was in foul trouble and had 2/2/2 he is averaging 15/10. 

Jarens numbers are about to go down too. He’s probably going to be at 13.9 ppg after tonight’s horrible display. *correction 13.8ppg after tonight with 5.4 rpg*

I could care less about a 3pt %. Jaren is taking 4 more shots a game and shooting a lower field goal percentage while averaging nearly identical points. 

Of course after double checking it’s actually 14/10 but the point still remains. 

thats actually a big difference in PER. 

Career PER is nonsense at this point as they both haven’t played a full season. 

Im talking about this season alone.

That’s not a big difference in PER especially 10-11 games played. It’s nice to pick and choose stats but neither payer is head and shoulders above the other yet. Jaren’s potential ceiling is more than Carter and whether it comes to fruition remains to be seen.

52 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

If you think that, that is one thing.  But if you take every opportunity to come on a Grizzlies' fan forum to bash a young Grizzlies player, and taunt all the fans with the stats of some other guy from another team who we cannot get, then yeah, you're a fake fan.  Players taken at lower drafted positions have frequently outperformed others taken higher.  Get over it!  It's just a fact of life, and all the crybaby whining in the world will not change it.  But Jaren is not done yet and will hopefully improve, and some other player being better now doesn't make him bad.  The fact is, he is on the Grizzlies.  Get behind the players on the team or move on, but just don't bore me with excessive whining because someone else outperforms him.

52 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't see where I have been bashing any of the young players. I think Ja is a phenomenal player but I also think Coby will be 1 also. The reason I am on to Coby is because GTF and I was looking at who the Grizz MIGHT be able to get in the draft and we settled on him before the Grizz got the 2nd pick. I am more concerned about Ja getting hurt because of his high flying style and frail looking body, If he were built more like Josh Jackson I wouldn't be nearly as concerned about him getting hurt. There are guys on here that I will stick a needle into now and then JUST FOR FUN, KBM, CHIP, GTF,  and YOU. GTF and I seem to be more inline with a lot of things, we started off on letting Gasol go and getting Dedmon then Orlando had a forward who went to Portland that we both wanted and Orlando just basically gave him away. I think Jackson has so much more talent than Guduric that it is foolish for him to be in the G-league, he looks like he is a much better player than DB to me 2. Dillion looks like to he wants to be THE MAN so much he makes bad decisions at times, he's not MJ and never will be. So if I offend you that much I will cease posting to you so that I don't upset you so much.

14 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Doesn't every player claim they were fouled?

Usually when something like that happens, yeah, :) but I don't see him complaining all the time.

14 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Ja is 19 years old and over the last 10 games has scored 20 or more points 6 times along with  7 or more assists. Hes already been more consistent than 20 year old Jaren and actually looks to be a franchise player. By himself. 

Ja is 20 and a month older than Jaren fyi

14 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't see where I have been bashing any of the young players. I think Ja is a phenomenal player but I also think Coby will be 1 also. The reason I am on to Coby is because GTF and I was looking at who the Grizz MIGHT be able to get in the draft and we settled on him before the Grizz got the 2nd pick. I am more concerned about Ja getting hurt because of his high flying style and frail looking body, If he were built more like Josh Jackson I wouldn't be nearly as concerned about him getting hurt. There are guys on here that I will stick a needle into now and then JUST FOR FUN, KBM, CHIP, GTF,  and YOU. GTF and I seem to be more inline with a lot of things, we started off on letting Gasol go and getting Dedmon then Orlando had a forward who went to Portland that we both wanted and Orlando just basically gave him away. I think Jackson has so much more talent than Guduric that it is foolish for him to be in the G-league, he looks like he is a much better player than DB to me 2. Dillion looks like to he wants to be THE MAN so much he makes bad decisions at times, he's not MJ and never will be. So if I offend you that much I will cease posting to you so that I don't upset you so much.

Usually when something like that happens, yeah, :) but I don't see him complaining all the time.

I responded to your post because you asked.  My rhetoric is primarily directed at guys like Memphis Maverick who never misses an opportunity to bash Jaren and tell us how much better Trae and Wendell are.  We ain't getting Trae and Wendell, so all that crap is unnecessary.  Get behind the team we have.

20 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I responded to your post because you asked.  My rhetoric is primarily directed at guys like Memphis Maverick who never misses an opportunity to bash Jaren and tell us how much better Trae and Wendell are.  We ain't getting Trae and Wendell, so all that crap is unnecessary.  Get behind the team we have.

I gotta say that Trae has surprised me, I don't think he has been shooting so good this year but he poured in 42 the other night and Carter is really smart,he sets his feet so that when he catches a pass and a defensive player coming running at him, he steps over the 3 line and if the defensive player doesn't break down, he drives right by him and if he does, he picks his foot up and puts in behind the line and let the 3 fly. Other players should be looking at him. Memphis X really wanted Trae.

1 minute ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I gotta say that Trey has surprised me, I don't think he has been shooting so good this year but he poured in 42 the other night and Carter is really smart,he sets his feet so that when he catches a pass and a defensive player coming running at him, he steps over the 3 line and if the defensive player doesn't break down, he drives right by him and if he does, he picks his foot up and puts in behind the line and let the 3 fly. Other players should be looking at him. 

Fine for them.  Still no need for some folks to try to down our guys while making their point.

When I look at 3J I don't see no MJ in him and that I mean no fire but that doesn't mean he can't be a player, just that he's not the type to get in anyones' face. He's young, he may change but I wouldn't be betting my money on him changing.

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

When I look at 3J I don't see no MJ in him and that I mean no fire but that doesn't mean he can't be a player, just that he's not the type to get in anyones' face. He's young, he may change but I wouldn't be betting my money on him changing.

Personalities don't usually change that much, and all of that is a factor of Jaren's personality.  I could see him improving his skill and decision making, which could hugely improve his game, but his personality is who he is.  He could develop a more determined mindset, but getting in people's faces is not him, IMO.  Doesn't prevent him from having a very successful career.

18 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Personalities don't usually change that much, and all of that is a factor of Jaren's personality.  I could see him improving his skill and decision making, which could hugely improve his game, but his personality is who he is.  He could develop a more determined mindset, but getting in people's faces is not him, IMO.  Doesn't prevent him from having a very successful career.

I agree on all points. 

Its hard to say what JJJ will be, its pretty obvious he is still growing into his body.  I think we'll see him as a player and the ways he can impact the game shift as he gets older and his body develops. 

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

This dude never gets in people's faces but that doesn't mean he don't ball

kawhi.0.jpg

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

This dude never gets in people's faces but that doesn't mean he don't ball

kawhi.0.jpg

Yep.  I think Jaren will be okay.  He's young, if we give it some time I think he will grow into a solid player.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:19 AM, toocoolkellz said:

Jaren has fire just not the same as Ja and Dillon. You don't have to be overly loud to be a great player. Arguably the best Grizz to this point isn't overly loud. 

What type of fire does Jaren have then? Are you suggesting that Jaren is another Mike Conley or some other type of fiery leader? 

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What type of fire does Jaren have then? Are you suggesting that Jaren is another Mike Conley or some other type of fiery leader? 

No he's vocal but not as loud as Ja and Dillon.  He shows emotion on the court, ja goes at guys neck. It's just a different type of energy 

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

No he's vocal but not as loud as Ja and Dillon.  He shows emotion on the court, ja goes at guys neck. It's just a different type of energy 

I don't see Jaren as the leader type at all. He's kind of laid back and jovial more than a fiery type. That doesn't mean he isn't competitive. It just means he isn't exactly a leader as a glue guy. Ja will get in your face. Jaren will take you aside and make you feel better afterwards. 

32 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I don't see Jaren as the leader type at all. He's kind of laid back and jovial more than a fiery type. That doesn't mean he isn't competitive. It just means he isn't exactly a leader as a glue guy. Ja will get in your face. Jaren will take you aside and make you feel better afterwards. 

I agree, he will scream and flex after a good play but at this juncture he seems more occupied with his own progression