chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Los Angeles Lakers - 10/29/19

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Tuesday, October 29, 9:30 PM

Memphis Grizzlies at L A Lakers

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: H

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Jae Crowder Jaren Jackson  Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203109.png 1628991.png 202685.png

Lakers Starting 5

Avery Bradley Denny Green Lebron James Anthony Davis Javale McGee
202340.png 201980.png 2544.png 203076.png 201580.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Kyle Anderson, Bruno Cabloco, Brandon Clarke, Marco Guduruc, Solomon Hill, Tyus Jones, John Konchar, De'Anthony Melton, Yuta Watanabe, 

Los Angeles: Kastos Antetokounempo, Kentavius Caldwell- Pope, Alex Caruso, Quinn Cook, DeMarcus Cousins (INJ), Troy Daniels, Jared Dudley, Taylen Horton-Tucker, Dwight Howard, Kyle Kuzma (INJ), Zach Norvell, Rajon Rondo

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Lakers: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Preview: The Grizzlies have netted their first win of the season upsetting the Brooklyn Nets in OT Sunday afternoon. Ja Morant had a historic game in Memphis history and one of the best all-time games for a rookie with 30 points, 9 assists, 4 rebounds, a steal and a game saving block on Kyrie Irving at the end of regulation. Only 6  rookies in NBA history had as impressive a line in an NBA game in their first month (Oscar Robertson, Sidney Wicks, Isiah Thomas, Bernard King, Trae Young and Ja). We are talking pretty exclusive company in other words. 

The Grizzlies have been in every game so far this season. They had leads heading into the 4th quarter or in the 4th quarter in all three games. Being a young team, learning to win consistently at the end of games comes from experience and experience comes from blowing leads in the 4th quarter. No one has found a way around this learning curve. Grizzlies fans can only hope that they team learned a lot from the Nets game. 

The Lakers are considered one of the teams likely to compete for an  NBA title this June but so far the season hasn't been going as planned. They lost to the cross-town rival Clippers in the first game before squeaking out wins against Utah and Charlotte. Surprisingly the Lakers have not yet left their home. The Clippers game was played at the Staples Center although it was called a road game. The Lakers were at home against Utah and Charlotte. LeBron James is leading the Lakers in assists and is joined by Anthony Davis (leading in scoring, rebounding and blocks for the Lakers) and Danny Green (leader in steals) on this formidable veteran laden roster. Dwight Howard, JaVale McGee and former Grizz Avery Bradley round out the veterans on this roster. 

I can see Avery making this a revenge game and having a big night

Got to work on getting Davis in foul trouble. He's the key for the Lakers.

14 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I predict Ja will dunk on Lebron and his hair will fall out.

Image result for LeBron James Lakers GIF

Looking forward to this game.

Hopefully

1. Jae defends LeBron well to boost his trade value. (I'm also fine with more quality Solomon Hill minutes)

2. JJJ holds his own against AD.

3. Good Dillon Brooke shows up.

11 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Looking forward to this game.

Hopefully

1. Jae defends LeBron well to boost his trade value. (I'm also fine with more quality Solomon Hill minutes)

2. JJJ holds his own against AD.

3. Good Dillon Brooke shows up.

4 ....You forgot fan favorite....JV

We need JV to be on unrestricted minutes and JJJ to come up big. JV usually does really well against McGee, Howard, and Davis, bus if he's on 20 minutes only, we're screwed. JJJ nor Clarke aren't capable of battling Howard, add LeBron to that and we're in real trouble with rebounding. Also, where's Bruno?

Curious to see who LA puts on Ja.

Overall I think this is a loss, I just hope this is a competitive loss and not a blowout - that wouldn't be good for teams spirit after the NEts game.

3 hours ago, evilution said:

We need JV to be on unrestricted minutes and JJJ to come up big. JV usually does really well against McGee, Howard, and Davis, bus if he's on 20 minutes only, we're screwed. JJJ nor Clarke aren't capable of battling Howard, add LeBron to that and we're in real trouble with rebounding. Also, where's Bruno?

Curious to see who LA puts on Ja.

Probably Avery on Ja

4 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Jaren will foul out by the 3rd it really sucks to say but it's true.

Just means the ball is going to be in Jas hand more. Point Gaaaawwwwd

5 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

just saw on the ticker Ja Morant (ankle) questionable against Lakers

I saw that too — he is on BOTH of my fantasy teams.

Must win?  Nope!

A Statement Game if we can pull it off?  Yep!

Ja is our shiny new toy, hopefully he steals the torch from LeBron.  Zion (so far) has flubbed the handoff.

Ja is the IT guy in town.  Speaking of young guns, is Oden Walton, Jr. gonna suit up soon for the Tigers?  

7 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Hilarious, and more so because Lebron decided to take a nap on that play.

3 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I saw that too — he is on BOTH of my fantasy teams.

Must win?  Nope!

A Statement Game if we can pull it off?  Yep!

Ja is our shiny new toy, hopefully he steals the torch from LeBron.  Zion (so far) has flubbed the handoff.

Ja is the IT guy in town.  Speaking of young guns, is Oden Walton, Jr. gonna suit up soon for the Tigers?  

It’s definitely a must win

4 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Hilarious, and more so because Lebron decided to take a nap on that play.

He was probably looking for his hair piece.