Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Brooklyn Nets at Memphis Grizzlies - 10//27/19

3 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

Yeah that is a great finish

Man, Toke, and everyone else, who was lucky enough to be there live, it's like saying you were there to see Elvis, or the Beatles!

5 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Evidently they didn't lol

That's right - they lost

7 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

?

The Bulls game, that's what I'm talking about.

Call me a Debbie Downer but our record should be at least 2-1.

Anyways, I got that off my chest.....

I got so much to say about this team after watching this nets game and rewinding the last couple of games. I’m just trying to figure out if it’s the whiskey or actual insight... so I’m gonna save it until tmrw after the Lakers game.................🤨

Folks...we’ve gone against 3 middle of the road eastern conference teams(1-2). The western conference is a whole different beast. 

1 hour ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

Folks...we’ve gone against 3 middle of the road eastern conference teams(1-2). The western conference is a whole different beast. 

*straight face - line.them.up.

lets go!

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

The Bulls game, that's what I'm talking about.

Call me a Debbie Downer but our record should be at least 2-1.

Anyways, I got that off my chest.....

But what are we trying to win for? If the injury worsens then that's more games to miss,  it'll all workout,  Rome wasn't built in a day 

I love reading the comments after games like this. So many armchair coaches making comments that have me in tears. It’s amazing how someone can make so many wrong comments in the heat of the moment and then act like they didn’t say them after the game.

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I love reading the comments after games like this. So many armchair coaches making comments that have me in tears. It’s amazing how someone can make so many wrong comments in the heat of the moment and then act like they didn’t say them after the game.

Who?

Examples?

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Who?

Examples?

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Examples are plenty....but we don't point and shame....it's not nice.

Agreed. But there are only a few dozen pages and comments like "Coaching blew this game" and "Jenkins needs to start Melton because none of our current guards can stop him (Kyrie)" come to mind right off the bat. 

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

In that case, I don’t wanna hear one peep out of you that’s pro-Jaren or you’re a hypocritical *******

5 minutes ago, Parsons_Refund said:

In that case, I don’t wanna hear one peep out of you that’s pro-Jaren or you’re a hypocritical *******

Image result for lighten up francis gif

I want Jaren to be the man every night. I want to see him show improvement over last season. I will gladly say I was wrong for my early season criticism if he starts showing up every night and playing hard and showing improvement. 

And to be fair, I expect to see Ja Morant improved next season as well. If these players are going to be the team's stars, they need to act like it and step up their games, put in the work at the gym in the off-season and show improvement. If Ja returns next season and is still sloppy with the ball, showing no improvement in his shot and still a defensive liability I will call him out as well. 

I want Jaren and Ja to be stars in this league not just talented players who never reach their potential.  

So take a chill pill rookie. You act like Jaren is your brother or something. I haven't posted anything others haven't said. 

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

just hit me ... we scored 1hundred and 34 points 😮

and everybody's acting like we always do that !

Did you go to bed last night? You gotta remember this is an OT game. Looks like the coach got in the game last night, after playing 0 minutes in the 1st 2 games Solomon Hill got 24:20 last night, going 5-5 with 2 3s and I think playing the entire OT. Maybe he will give Bruno some playing time now.

2 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

just hit me ... we scored 1hundred and 34 points 😮

and everybody's acting like we always do that !

I was thinking the same thing. The Grizzlies are currently among the top 10 teams in the league in pace too! 

46 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Image result for lighten up francis gif

I want Jaren to be the man every night. I want to see him show improvement over last season. I will gladly say I was wrong for my early season criticism if he starts showing up every night and playing hard and showing improvement. 

And to be fair, I expect to see Ja Morant improved next season as well. If these players are going to be the team's stars, they need to act like it and step up their games, put in the work at the gym in the off-season and show improvement. If Ja returns next season and is still sloppy with the ball, showing no improvement in his shot and still a defensive liability I will call him out as well. 

I want Jaren and Ja to be stars in this league not just talented players who never reach their potential.  

So take a chill pill rookie. You act like Jaren is your brother or something. I haven't posted anything others haven't said. 

I don't think 3J wants to come across as a ball hog. The coach should be running plays for him, after all he hasn't even played a full season. Dillon should never be taking almost 2X as many shots as 3J. 

Just now, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't think 3J wants to come across as a ball hog. The coach should be running plays for him, after all he hasn't even played a full season. Dillon should never be taking almost 2X as many shots as 3J. 

I don't get the impression the team runs a tremendous amount of set plays. Jackson needs to understand how to set up to get the ball. He was consistently setting up at the three point line last night which allowed the Nets to defend him with Taureen Prince leaving Jerome Allen and DeAndre Jordan to patrol around the paint. It would have been better if he had taken him man down low while forcing Jordan/Allen to play more on the perimeter by moving their man out more. The team was doing exactly that early on when Jonas was hitting the open threes. 

I am confused why Caboclo isn't/wasn't playing more after Jonas hit his time limit. He can hit those shots and it would force the Nets big man out of the paint and open up things for Ja and Jaren more. Alas, I am not the coach but hopefully a smart reporter or blogger will ask Jenkins that very question. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

I don't get the impression the team runs a tremendous amount of set plays. Jackson needs to understand how to set up to get the ball. He was consistently setting up at the three point line last night which allowed the Nets to defend him with Taureen Prince leaving Jerome Allen and DeAndre Jordan to patrol around the paint. It would have been better if he had taken him man down low while forcing Jordan/Allen to play more on the perimeter by moving their man out more. The team was doing exactly that early on when Jonas was hitting the open threes. 

I am confused why Caboclo isn't/wasn't playing more after Jonas hit his time limit. He can hit those shots and it would force the Nets big man out of the paint and open up things for Ja and Jaren more. Alas, I am not the coach but hopefully a smart reporter or blogger will ask Jenkins that very question. 

Kyle was being aggressive offensively in his time and he adds HighBBIQ and passing.   Jenkins gambled that Kyles traits were more needed and was right last night.    SloMo is also a good rebounder and immediately starts the break when he gets it.     Jenkins stated he wanted to go with more experience down the stretch.  So it made sense. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Kyle was being aggressive offensively in his time and he adds HighBBIQ and passing.   Jenkins gambled that Kyles traits were more needed and was right last night.    SloMo is also a good rebounder and immediately starts the break when he gets it.     Jenkins stated he wanted to go with more experience down the stretch.  So it made sense. 

So I guess some smart reporter did ask that question! Thanks 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

It wouldn't do 3J any good, you see all those long 3s they're jacking up. Yeah, I don't like Clarke coming in when JV goes out. I don't think any reporter or blogger are going to ask him that. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Kyle is not the person to take out, it's Clarke. the Grizz was doing okay the game before until he took Kyle out.

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Agreed. But there are only a few dozen pages and comments like "Coaching blew this game" and "Jenkins needs to start Melton because none of our current guards can stop him (Kyrie)" come to mind right off the bat. 

Ummm, Jenkins did make some stupid coaching mistakes (wonky lineups) that were covered up by a player's greatness.