Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

HOME OPENER - Chicago Bulls @ Memphis Grizzlies - Oct 25, 2019

47 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't remember now, but what did we get for CJ Miles other than DHoward?  As much as I like the moves made by the FO, that move seems to be a head scratcher at this time.  One proven threat from deep would do wonders right now.

We saved about 4 million on that trade overall I believe. Miles is hurt anyway. 

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

We saved about 4 million on that trade overall I believe. Miles is hurt anyway. 

A money move, huh?  Well, he probably wouldn't make that much difference anyway.  We need a guy who is at least decent on defense who can knock down some shots.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

A money move, huh?  Well, he probably wouldn't make that much difference anyway.  We need a guy who is at least decent on defense who can knock down some shots.

Yup, a pure money move. It gives us some wiggle room on taking salary back in another trade. And that's true. Miles can hit shots, but defense is also not his calling card. 

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea but he is the wrong age group.   Doesn't make sense to be playing 32y lots of minutes during a development season.  

Marko was supposed to be that and he fits in the timeline.   Problem is he has Courtney Lee disease.   Jenkins just needs to tell him if he sees him passing up open 3s - he gonna yank him.   Thats why id' rather spend development time seeing what Marko can become then continue wasting time on Dillon or hanging onto an older vet shooter.  

I think I'd rather spend more time on Marko than Dillon as well I don't see any development in Dillon's game since his rookie season everything looks the same to me 

17 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea but he is the wrong age group.   Doesn't make sense to be playing 32y lots of minutes during a development season.  

Marko was supposed to be that and he fits in the timeline.   Problem is he has Courtney Lee disease.   Jenkins just needs to tell him if he sees him passing up open 3s - he gonna yank him.   Thats why id' rather spend development time seeing what Marko can become then continue wasting time on Dillon or hanging onto an older vet shooter.  

Depends on whether or not having your young PG phenom's development crushed by having him play with completely inept backcourt partners.

Yeah, then he can be a shotjacker just like Crowder and Dillon.  Let him get comfortable with league play.  When he is, his attempts will probably increase as his confidence increases.

3 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Some bad post, GTF and I wanted the Grizz to get Harkless from Orlando, we wanted to get Dedmon from them 2, would those be bad posts? We were talking about moving up to get Coby at 7, I knew nothing about Ja but I know when a kid starts at NC as a freshman that dude has got game. If I knew you I would be willing to bet you that Coby will finish up ahead of Ja in balloting for ROTY but alas I don't know you.

lmao...dude went off against a bad team...yes we are a bad team.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Depends on whether or not having your young PG phenom's development crushed by having him play with completely inept backcourt partners.

Yeah, then he can be a shotjacker just like Crowder and Dillon.  Let him get comfortable with league play.  When he is, his attempts will probably increase as his confidence increases.

He is supposed to be our "shooter".   It is okay when he lets it fly.     That is like getting mad at Jonas for banging in the paint and posting fools up.   Thats in his job description. 

Marko is passing up 3s like Parsons was.   It isn't like he isn't trying to score - he just isn't shooting enough 3s.    That is his problem.     Dillon is ballhogging and shot jacking and Jae jacks up everything he touches too.   Not the same thing. 

8 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yup, a pure money move. It gives us some wiggle room on taking salary back in another trade. And that's true. Miles can hit shots, but defense is also not his calling card. 

It seems to me taking money back has gotten the Grizz nowhere with AI. You playing for that pie in the sky when it looks like to me you've just blown a big time opportunity to better the team. Ja is short and he shoots from his chin, not a good combo.

I'm surprised that we're playing so well so early in games so early in the season. How many games did our past vets start so poorly?

Love the ball movement.

When Jaren faced up on the Miami guy who hard fouled Ja I hoped it was the beginning of some channeled aggression. Keep the fire burning big guy.

I echo about the Ja doubles and needed screen adjustments. He will soon recalibrate his passes for this jump in defensive athleticism. He's the center of the wheel. I also cringe when he challenges big guys on drives. For rookies its a big-time ref whistle swallower.

( lol, spellcheck don't know swallower, for refs this fits: #2. a slender deep-sea fish with very large jaws and a distensible stomach, enabling it to swallow very large prey. )

Clarke has been a diamond in the rough on both college teams and now in the pros.

Yes, I also want to see more Marko.

It's expected that JV will need some time to get back and tune-in with the play makers.

On Anderson, I keep thinking, "wait for it", "wait for it," yeeeess.

I wish that I could watch more live, but work late and am lucky to catch more that a 4th quarter. (Ohhhhh, I hope I'm not the jinks.) 😃

28 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

It seems to me taking money back has gotten the Grizz nowhere with AI. You playing for that pie in the sky when it looks like to me you've just blown a big time opportunity to better the team. Ja is short and he shoots from his chin, not a good combo.

Miles hasn't even played this year so far. Bettering the team is relative. He can score points, but he wasn't going to help us win a lot of games this year. 

5 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Miles hasn't even played this year so far. Bettering the team is relative. He can score points, but he wasn't going to help us win a lot of games this year. 

How do you win games? Any time a player is able to score points that helps teams win. That was really an idiotic comment.

Why are posters so emotionally charged? We're talking about a rookie and second year player led team. For them to even be in a games with such poor shooting is impressive in itself.  I get it,  I hate losing too,  but to be in games with such little pro experience is encouraging imho

28 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

How do you win games? Any time a player is able to score points that helps teams win. That was really an idiotic comment.

You win games by scoring more than the other team. If he score 10, but gives up 12, is that really "helping" the team? Grow up. 

Edited by 10SC-2-TOKYO

34 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I didn't see him giving up more than he scored anymore than anyone else on the team. Ja scores 10 White scores 25, I suppose that's a real winning combo in your mind.

Wgo is their starting pg? 

On 10/25/2019 at 7:26 PM, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I like that Ja is quick starter, he should be able to dominate all 4 quarters when he hits his prime 

What’s happened to the real IIWII?

19 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

11 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

Why are posters so emotionally charged? We're talking about a rookie and second year player led team. For them to even be in a games with such poor shooting is impressive in itself.  I get it,  I hate losing too,  but to be in games with such little pro experience is encouraging imho

Exactly but where did they lead the Grizz to? A loss. The Grizz were playing good ball after the trade last year, this street ball they are currently playing is crap. Crowder dribbles the ball downcourt, fires up a 3, no one under the goal to vie for the rebound, that's insane, coach doesn't say anything to him, makes me sick. It seems some of the them go in early but not late in the game when the game is on the line.

THEY SHOULD NOT BE A ROOKIE AND A SECOND YEAR PLAYER LEAD TEAM.

It's pretty much the coach's fault the team is folding at the end of the games because of who he has on the floor.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, TimBC said:

CFL BC Lions logo? 

Yep, best BC logo I could find for Brandon. Plus, since he went to Gonzaga, it had a partial geographic connection.