Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Miami Heat - Season Opener

7 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Jonas should get 20 plus shot attempts.  Most inside.  Jaren should get 15 plus shots.  I would think that he should take AT LEAST 5 three pointers.  

Ja's job is to get Jaren going.  IF we can get Jaren going we will be in great shape!  Jaren is a VOLUME SCORER and STREAK SHOOTER.

Ja also needs to get Jonas the ball where he wants it.  

Spacing will be cramped all year (at best), so that means that Ja has his work cut out for him!

With us looking solid inside and also having good play making at point guard, it is gonna come down to 3 point shooting -- and I think JJJ should fire up as many 3's as anybody.  

DB and Guduric and those other guys have to get their's too without them shooting us out of the game.  Again, that's Ja's job, although Ja should also look for his OWN shot.  

I like extremes: I would like to see Jonas lead the league in paint shots, or better yet shots in the restricted area.  I would like to see Jaren lead the league (or come close to it) in 3 point shot attempts.  With Zion being busted (but not yet a BUST), I really don't like forwards banging inside (I also think that Jaren is knock-kneed.  KG pointed it out in his work out video).  

AND, I would like to see Ja lead the league in mid-range shots.  Jordan became the GOAT while not taking many shots outside of 15-18 feet.  It also opened up his driving game.  Ja can be UNSTOPPABLE with a respectable mid-range game.

At some point, I would like to see some lineups of Ja, Guduric, Clarke, Jaren, and Jonas with Jaren and Guduric being the "deep threats" with Ja attacking from everywhere.  Then we bring Dillon Brooks off the bench for scoring, Tyus and Slo Mo for playmaking, and Bruno for Bruno things.  Jae Crowder is essentially our veteran "glue guy".  I would also want Grayson Allen to be a "glue guy" along with John Konchar.  Although I doubt Konchar plays much.

Ideally, Jonas gets 20 shots, Jaren gets 20 shots, and Ja gets at least 15.  Then DB leads the bench brigade with around 10 shots per night.  Guduric and Clarke should get around 8-10 each with the rest of the players getting a total of around 10-15 shots.

One swing factor is if Jae Crowder becomes a legit secondary play maker for us.  That would help us out a lot!

I like extremes too...the best beard in a league takes the most shots in a league...Jonas beard is the best...not even close James....and Ja lead the league in assists....no need to shoot for Ja...assists for the win.

4 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Even if he proved it last year the smart thing to do is to let JJJ take more shots.

Not if the Grizzlies are going to try to win games. He has to get his shots in the flow of the game.

3 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Why is he out?

what do you mean?....he just heard that JV is playing...and...so... he was like...no thanks...no way i am playing against this monster.

that jimmy butlers signing will come be and BITE the heat , every where mr Butler played there were BIG PROBLEMS 

5 minutes ago, On My Grizzlie said:

It says personal reasons 

the guy has been screwed for the past 8 year  he is a cancer 

8 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Anyone else crazy excited about tonight? Will be so fun to ja and JJJ (And the rest)

Yep. We may not win a lot of games, but everyone's going to want to watch them. 

16 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Yep. We may not win a lot of games, but everyone's going to want to watch them. 

Yeah, we have 3 players on the team that I want to see on the highlight reel.

1 minute ago, Ja-Ren Clarke said:

Yeah, we have 3 players on the team that I want to see on the highlight reel.

I am excited too!  

The season has just started, anything can happen!

We should be fun — I like our bigs and our point guard play.