Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Miami Heat - Season Opener

8 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

If we had Rabb we still wouldn't have anybody that can rebound because you have to be good enough to play in the nba to get into a game and rebound.

Agreed.   We just need another guy with some girth that's over 6'9'.     Technically we have two 7 footers which is usually all we ever have.    We just lack the additional bruiser.      

Jaren is a legit 7 ftr and 243lbs isn't anything to sneeze at.   He just plays light in the pants. 

Need to flip iggy/crowder into picks a bruiser and promising wing. 

10 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Jaren looked very uncomfortable with the ball. He needs to improve his game a lot to warrant the respect the Front Office is giving him. He isn’t rebounding, hitting his outside shot or driving the ball well. Looks like he was knowing summer more than working to my untrained eye. 

I agree Chip, he looked very uncomfortable and passive.   He would benefit tremendously with a player like Zach Randolph around on the Grizzlies to mix in as a seasoned veteran.  You can tell we have no identity nor a go to player, well Ja will definitely be that player, but I'm referring to in the post when you need a guaranteed bucket or stop.   Where is Zach by the way.  He would be a great addition off the bench behind JJ.

45 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Really don't want Jaren trying to be an enforcer for the Grizzlies. Let Crowder, JV or even Clarke be the enforcer. Jaren is supposed to be a leader and the last thing fans should encourage is him getting tossed for defending a teammate. 

JV looked rusty but I believe he is a going to be fine once he gets back into the groove. 

I’m sorry but you’re spitting some absolute bull**** in this thread.  And you act like everything you say is the prophetic word.  Get the **** out of here.

11 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

Exactly.   I saw Jaren called at least twice for what was nothing.

That was just ridiculous,  it's impossible for him to play aggressive when the game is officiated that bad.  I'm not one for complaining about the refs,  but that was just ridiculous 

13 minutes ago, Parsons_Refund said:

I’m sorry but you’re spitting some absolute bull**** in this thread.  And you act like everything you say is the prophetic word.  Get the **** out of here.

You better watch yourself rookie. I am simply giving my opinion. This is a PG bulletin board. I have been around a long time and we don't tolerate this kind of conversation. If you disagree with my positions then offer a counterpoint.  

13 minutes ago, Parsons_Refund said:

Better watch out bro. You are stepping up to a MOD now! 

Just kidding Chip - please don't give me any demerits. 

2 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Better watch out bro. You are stepping up to a MOD now! 

Just kidding Chip - please don't give me any demerits. 

You're safe...for now! 

Image result for i'm watching you gif

13 hours ago, Ja-Ren Clarke said:

Yeah, Conley won't make much of a difference. They would just double him like they are Morant. We need Iggy on the court with these guys. Crowder is trash right now.

You're a trash poster. Nm.

2 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

You're a trash poster. Nm.

Guys, I realize everyone is down after last night's game but let's keep the conversations on the message and not directed at the messenger. If you disagree with a position attack the position not the poster. 

Everyone chill....for those of you who said total rebuild, and we did, you have zero creds to go after anyone after one game.  Re JV, he didn't forget how to play coming back from FIBA where he was very good....THE GOOD NEWS ON JV IS HE DIDNT APPEAR TO AGGREVATE HIS FOOT...give him another solid week of games and practise with his new team who other than JJJ for two games, he has not played with.....back off on Clarke and let him find his role..geeze he is 6"7 and many want him playing 5, aint going to happen in any new NBA game..he is a wing guy and going to be valuable..JA needs to work on his D(-29) and shooting mechanics...does he remind you of Ball and where he shoots low on his chest?  He will figure it out.  And JJJ, he will be the first to say he needs to rebound better, work better with JV, and be more physical...but he will never be a gritty player...live with it..

this is a process...

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Guys, I realize everyone is down after last night's game but let's keep the conversations on the message and not directed at the messenger. If you disagree with a position attack the position not the poster. 

So you're good with him calling a player giving their all for the Grizzlies trash but he can't be called trash? Got it.

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Seconded.

Chip...you still against that calm down turbo button?😆

I don't see why we should even be down. We all have to realize that this is a rebuilding year. We are going to lose a good amount of games this year. We played well (in fact, better than them) for 3 quarters. They just have to learn how to play for 4 quarters instead. We also have a rookie head coach, who needs to learn to manage his rotations better among other things. That wasn't going to happen in one game, but the good news is we still got 81 left. 

3 minutes ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

Seconded.

Chip...you still against that calm down turbo button?😆

Image result for well gif

JJJ averaged 5 rebounds a game last year....that will likely move up/should move up, but I don't think by a lot....again do want him slamming the boards and be the physical presence, or do many other things very well...he is not going to be a 5.

35 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

You better watch yourself rookie. I am simply giving my opinion. This is a PG bulletin board. I have been around a long time and we don't tolerate this kind of conversation. If you disagree with my positions then offer a counterpoint.  

Uh oh 😱😱😱 these new posters just out of line 🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Do y’all think we can beat the bulls 

Nope

yeah I do think they can win...let's see what these young guys have in their DNA...if they go through through the motion of just playing and fallback on Im young, im inexperienced, new coach, new system...eg excuses, then we have bigger issues.  Let's get a few more games under their belts before we glorify certain players and run others out of Memphis.

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

I don't see why we should even be down. We all have to realize that this is a rebuilding year. We are going to lose a good amount of games this year. We played well (in fact, better than them) for 3 quarters. They just have to learn how to play for 4 quarters instead. We also have a rookie head coach, who needs to learn to manage his rotations better among other things. That wasn't going to happen in one game, but the good news is we still got 81 left. 

Good post.

Perspective....

defined: 

a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

"most guidebook history is written from the editor's perspective"

41 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

We got a chance, they aren't great either, just lost to the Hornets. Being at home should help calm the young guys down hopefully. 

46 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Absolutely.

You see this in the NFL and NBA all the time - a middling or young team looks like garbage one night and a couple days later bounces back to win.

Now, I don't think they will win b/c I think Jaren has a long way to go and unless he is dialed in, we are in trouble - and even if he's dialed in, he needs coaching concerning a few things, and that will take time and work.

But who knows...Dillon could get red hot, maybe Grayson knocks down a few, Jonas plays more minutes, Ja has less turnovers, etc.