chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Miami Heat - Season Opener

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Memphis Grizzlies at Miami Heat

Date/Time: Wednesday, October 23, 6:30 PM

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

JA Morant  Dillon Brooks Jae Crowder Jaren Jackson Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203109.png 1628991.png 202685.png

Heat Starting 5

Justice Winslow Tyler Herro Jimmy Butler Kelly Olynyk Bam Adebayo
1626159.png 1629639.png 202710.png
203482.png
1628389.png

Benches:

Memphis: Grayson Allen, Kyle Anderson, Bruno Caboclo, Brandon Clarke, Marco Guduric, Solomon Hill, Andre Iguodala (MIA), Josh Jackson (MIA), Tyus Jones, De'Anthony Melton (INJ), Miles Plumlee, Ivan Rabb

Miami: Kyle Alexander, Goran Dragic, Udonis Haslem, James Johnson, Derrick Jones Jr, Myers Leonard, Daryl Macon, Kendrick Nunn, KZ Okpala, Bubu Palo, Davon Reed, Duncan Robinson, Chris Silva, Dion Waiters, 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Heat: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Commentary:
This is the season opener for both teams. Memphis has done a radical makeover from last season's veteran squad and will be led by three players who have combined 68 games of NBA experience. This is very encouraging for the future as Jaren Jackson, Ja Morant and Brandon Clarke are all extremely talented players who should have long and fruitful careers. However, that doesn't mean that the future is now. Jonas Valanciunas should make his first appearance for the Grizzlies as he sat out all of the pre-season with a sore foot. Jae Crowder should be the starting SF as Kyle Anderson is taking the slow approach to his return from season ending shoulder surgery. The starting shooting guard position is wide open but it is expected to be Dillon Brooks since Brooks has the most experience with the team.   

Miami got rid of their biggest headache from last season when they traded Hassan Whiteside plus former Tennessee Vol standout Josh Richardson in a four team trade for Myers Leonard and Jimmy Butler. Whiteside must have really been a bad locker room presence if Jimmy Butler is being scene as an improvement. Goran Dragic is back from injury but may not start at the point as Justice Winslow has impressed people in Miami. Rookie Tyler Herro has also apparently won a starting role to partner with Butler on the wing to give the Heat one of the most dangerous back courts in the league if they can remain healthy. The Heat have suspended Dion Waiters for this game after putting James Johnson on leave for failing to show up for camp in proper shape. 

I have Ja Morant in BOTH of my fantasy leagues.

In one league I have BOTH Ja AND Jaren.

Should be an interesting game!

I predict that we will look BETTER than expected half the nights and look WORSE than expected the other half, so by the end of the year we will have a record that pretty much everybody expected.  

7 days and counting to opening day

young team = turn-overs 

This year I really don't care about the other teams.

This is all about us win or lose just improve little by little.

Maybe I'm misjudging Miami's roster but it doesn't really look very good, nor very deep.  That doesn't make our inexperienced team better than theirs, but I am hoping for an opening day win.

that Memphis grizzlies starters  looks like a good starting 5 , grayson allen NEEDS to come off the bench and  hit those outside shoots . if he;s able to do that the Grizzlies would have pick up a steal with him

10 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Maybe I'm misjudging Miami's roster but it doesn't really look very good, nor very deep.  That doesn't make our inexperienced team better than theirs, but I am hoping for an opening day win.

They are usually stellar defensively and they have a finisher that we probably cant match.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:41 PM, lions said:

young team = turn-overs 

after see our grizzlies  play N.B.A  teams our be surprise is we win over 23 games 

10 hours ago, Ja-Ren Clarke said:

Ja Morant is outplaying Mike Conley already just in the preseason. Mike Conley is also playing more minutes per game.

The key phrase is “in the preseason.”

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The key phrase is “in the preseason.”

True, but Conley is a sesoned vet. Morant is impressive early on even if it's the preseason. 

I have made some changes to the starting lineup for the Heat as I am now hearing that Winslow is the starter at PG and Herro is the starter at SG. Butler has been moved to SF. I am a bit surprised to see Dragic out of the starting lineup and this could all change Wednesday night but I am trying to keep it as accurate as possible. 

23 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I have made some changes to the starting lineup for the Heat as I am now hearing that Winslow is the starter at PG and Herro is the starter at SG. Butler has been moved to SF. I am a bit surprised to see Dragic out of the starting lineup and this could all change Wednesday night but I am trying to keep it as accurate as possible. 

I think he’s injured 

5 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I think he’s injured 

I don't believe so. He has played in the pre-season. He apparently hasn't earned the starting role. 

News: 7 days agoDragic delivered 12 points (3-6 FG, 3-6 3Pt, 3-3 FT), five assists, two rebounds, and two steals in 21 minutes during Monday's 120-87 win over the Hawks.

Spin: Dragic came off the bench and provided a boost offensively, draining three treys and dishing five dimes. He did commit four turnovers, and the emergence of Tyler Herro, who had 23 points in 25 minutes as a starter, may not bode well for Dragic's odds of earning a spot in the starting lineup. Nevertheless, Dragic would likely see his usage drop substantially if he started alongside the likes of Jimmy Butler and Justise Winslow, so it's possible a reserve role will actually help Dragic remain relevant in standard leagues.

Jimmy Butler will probably get his.....hopefully taking way too many shots.  But I think whoever is defending Tyler Herro, needs to totally shut him down.  If you want to get their crowd totally into the game, let that kid get into a rhythm and start draining 3's all over the court.