chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 10/16/19

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Wednesday, October 16, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Possible Starting 5

Ja Morant Grayson Allen Jae Crowder Jaren Jackson Jr Brandon Clarke
1629630.png 1628960.png 203109.png 1628991.png 1629634.png

Thunder Possible Starting 5

Dennis Schroder Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Hamidou Diallo  Danilo Gallinari Nerlens Noel
203471.png 1628983.png 1628977.png 201568.png 203457.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Kyle Anderson, Dillon Brooks (INJ), Bruno Caboclo, Ahmed Caver, Marco Guduric, Dusty Hannahs, Solomon Hill, Tyus Jones, John Konchar, De'Anthony Melton, Miles Plumlee, Ivan Rabb, Jonas Valanciunas, Yuta Watanabe, Jarrod Uthoff

Oklahoma City: Steven Adams, DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell, Darius Bazley, Deonte Burton, Lugentz Dort, Terrance Ferguson, Abdul Gaddy, Devon Hall, Myke Henry, Eric Moreland, Mike Muscala, Abdel Nader, Justin Patton, Chris Paul, Andre Roberson 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Thunder: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

This is the fourth pre-season game, the second against actual NBA teams and the first on the road for the young Grizzlies. After two impressive wins against Maccabi Haifa and the New Zealand Breakers the Grizzlies came back to earth against the Charlotte Hornets Monday night. Memphis was led by rookies Brandon Clarke (16 points and 12 rebounds) and Ja Morant (15 points and 6 assists). Coach Jenkins experimented with Jaren Jackson at center with disappointing results. JJJ finished with 6 points, 5 rebounds, 4 turnovers and fouling out in only 20 minutes of action. Jae Crowder and Marco Guduric were at the bottom of the +/- category with -23 and -24 respectively. 

Oklahoma City is expected to be contending for a top pick in the draft rather than a top playoff seed this season. After trading Russell Westbrook to Houston and losing Paul George to the LA Clippers, OKC has been attempting to unload mega contracts Chris Paul and Stephen Adams, much like Memphis has been doing with Andre Iguodala, without success. This will be the first time since Oklahoma City stole the Sonics from Seattle that the fans will not be having an exciting team to watch on the court. Former Clippers Schroder, Gilgeous-Alexander and Gallinari should provide some spark to the roster but it is clear that OKC is thinking lottery rather than playoffs in the season ahead. 

T

This will be a great look how coach Jenkins made his adjustments from losing to a BAD charlotte hornets team 

He did well making adjustments in the summer leagues games 

Hopefully this game will cheer me up because I’m down in the dumps right now after last night 

20 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Wednesday, October 16, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Possible Starting 5

Ja Morant Grayson Allen Jae Crowder Jaren Jackson Jr Brandon Clarke
1629630.png 1628960.png 203109.png 1628991.png 1629634.png

Thunder Possible Starting 5

Dennis Schroder Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Hamidou Diallo  Danilo Gallinari Nerlens Noel
203471.png 1628983.png 1628977.png 201568.png 203457.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Kyle Anderson, Dillon Brooks (INJ), Bruno Caboclo, Marco Guduric, Dusty Hannahs, Solomon Hill, Tyus Jones, John Konchar, De'Anthony Melton, Miles Plumlee, Ivan Rabb, Jonas Valanciunas, Yuta Watanabe 

Oklahoma City: Steven Adams, DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell, Darius Bazley, Deonte Burton, Lugentz Dort, Terrance Ferguson, Abdul Gaddy, Devon Hall, Myke Henry, Eric Moreland, Mike Muscala, Abdel Nader, Justin Patton, Chris Paul, Andre Roberson 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Thunder: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

This is the fourth pre-season game, the second against actual NBA teams and the first on the road for the young Grizzlies. After two impressive wins against Maccabi Haifa and the New Zealand Breakers the Grizzlies came back to earth against the Charlotte Hornets Monday night. Memphis was led by rookies Brandon Clarke (16 points and 12 rebounds) and Ja Morant (15 points and 6 assists). Coach Jenkins experimented with Jaren Jackson at center with disappointing results. JJJ finished with 6 points, 5 rebounds, 4 turnovers and fouling out in only 20 minutes of action. Jae Crowder and Marco Guduric were at the bottom of the +/- category with -23 and -24 respectively. 

Oklahoma City is expected to be contending for a top pick in the draft rather than a top playoff seed this season. After trading Russell Westbrook to Houston and losing Paul George to the LA Clippers, OKC has been attempting to unload mega contracts Chris Paul and Stephen Adams, much like Memphis has been doing with Andre Iguodala, without success. This will be the first time since Oklahoma City stole the Sonics from Seattle that the fans will not be having an exciting team to watch on the court. Former Clippers Schroder, Gilgeous-Alexander and Gallinari should provide some spark to the roster but it is clear that OKC is thinking lottery rather than playoffs in the season ahead. 

How is Dusty Hannahs still on the bench when he was waived yesterday 

2 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

How is Dusty Hannahs still on the bench when he was waived yesterday 

Probably because I wrote the pre-game prior to Dusty being released? 

I have corrected it for the roster police now. I also have found the first person I will ask to do this for me when life gets to busy!  

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Probably because I wrote the pre-game prior to Dusty being released? 

I have corrected it for the roster police now. I also have found the first person I will ask to this for me when life gets to busy!  

Sorry for getting upset kinda my week has not been the best .

Before anyone else complains, I have scratched out Ahmed Caver and added Jarrod Uthoff

looks like Ja, Crowder and BC are all sitting out tonight.

Guess there's no great reason to watch then 😒

25 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

I can understand Crowder sitting but why are our rookies sitting out? 

38 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Dang well there goes majority of my reason to watch this.   Jaren better come with the fire tonight. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dang well there goes majority of my reason to watch this.   Jaren better come with the fire tonight. 

Yeah they need to get Jaren about 30 shots tonight.

Konchar better show out.  I think he can work his way into the rotation with some good showings over the remaining (almost had a Freudian slip before I corrected my spelling) few preseason games.  Outside of Ja, our perimeter/wing rotation looks up in the air.  

Y'all all have the wrong attitude. This is a serious opportunity to see Dusty Hannahs...oh wait. They already waived him didn't they. 

We can check out that lightning in a bottle signing of Ahmed Caver. What? They already waived him also!!!

Well maybe the next new name will be last until the tipoff at least. 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Y'all all have the wrong attitude. This is a serious opportunity to see Dusty Hannahs...oh wait. They already waived him didn't they. 

We can check out that lightning in a bottle signing of Ahmed Caver. What? They already waived him also!!!

Well maybe the next new name will be last until the tipoff at least. 

I bet Ivan Rabb gets 12 rebounds.

9 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

LeBron???

Nope because of school and life in general 

I bet they're sitting Ja and Brandon because they are the only two players who looked good (on offense anyway) against Charlotte.  Jae is not shy about putting up shots and took more shots than anybody else in the Charlotte game. 

I think Coach Jenkins wants to see what the rest of the team will do without Ja, Brandon and Jae to take all the shots.  Or maybe he wants to force Jaren to be aggressive and demand the ball.

2 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Well, if it is any consolation, at this very point in time, the number of your posts (123) matches your name, so you have that going for you.

6 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

I was only teasing about making you do a pre-game write up. 

50 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I can understand Crowder sitting but why are our rookies sitting out? 

I don't understand why Ja would be sitting unless his knee is feeling "off".  I also understand why Kyle Anderson would be sitting.

Maybe there still is some significant uncertainty on the roster and they want to give all these bubble guys 20+ minutes.

Start the tanking: "Wise men tank for Wiseman"