Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Charlotte Hornets 10/14/19

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

Glad to hear Pete and Brevin calling the game again. 

Agreed.

I do have a soft spot for Hasseltine’s exasperation calling though.

4 minutes ago, pjs said:

Clarke looked very good, even with some mistakes ... Grizzlies +10 when he was on floor.

Rabb had good game.

JJJ had poor outing.  Ja was ok, but defensive effort could be better.

I think Clarke HAS TO BE our 6th man.  He’s the new Bobby Jones.

24 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

It’s gonna be brutal ...

BUT

We’ll be right here opening threads cheering them and hating on refs and opponents each and every step of the way ! 

Where's KBM?

Once upon a time......

7 minutes ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

We just couldn't hit open shots and jjj fouled out early dont forget this is a real young team guys

And they lived happily ever after....

43 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Jaren better hope we don't draft Wiseman cuz he will become an afterthought real quick.    Hopefully he discovers his inner dawg quickly this season.  

Wiseman looks to be at the top of most mocks. I know it is super early but I am tempted to do an internal big board.

4 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Wiseman looks to be at the top of most mocks. I know it is super early but I am tempted to do an internal big board.

Go for it. You know you want to ...  🏀

This season will be extra brutal because the upcoming draft is weak so it might be better to try and get the conveyance over with this year so we can a pick in the much stronger 2021 draft. Nothing worse than actually wanting your horrible team to win games.

But man did we get lucky landing Ja.

9 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

As someone said earlier , kbm seems to be more a player fan than an actual Grizz fan 

Nah...he’s been around too long.

I argued with him too much about how the rookie OJ was so much better than K.Love.

I was wrong. But it wouldn’t surprise me if he was hovering Jazz and raptors boards atm.

53 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Whooooaaa these is making my eyes bleed.    These guys are pretty bad. 

Yeah but maybe we win the award for "Most Exciting Lottery Team"?

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

He doesn't like playing C?

If the coach thinks Jaren is a C, expect more similar performances. He's not going to match it with the likes of Embiid and Gobert.

But some keep peddling this line....

12 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Go for it. You know you want to ...  🏀

Wondering if there is a potential sleeper pick at 1.  I went Mitch Rob/Ja at 1 the past two years.  

Man, if I can find a player with good size who can shoot the lights out I am gonna be tempted to put him at 1.

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

If the coach thinks Jaren is a C, expect more similar performances. He's not going to match it with the likes of Embiid and Gobert.

Yeah, Jonas looks like the only “center” on the roster.

Brandon Clarke looks so comfortable out there already... he's going to have a long NBA career.  It does concern me though that he seems to be stealing Jaren's thunder a bit.  Jaren looked passive, even disinterested and lazy out there at times.  His movements need to get much more crisp and aggressive.  Plus, he seems way too content with letting his opponent get rebounding position on him, and just lazily chucking the ball up towards the rim, and carelessly swiping down at an opponents shot even when he doesn't have an angle.  He has a ton of talent, no doubt, but he has A LOT to work on.  I think we may have all been a little bit hasty in anointing Jaren as the 'future of the franchise.'

7 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Yeah, Jonas looks like the only “center” on the roster.

Jega. 💪

We still need a decent backup C.

Jaren yet again showing that he is nowhere near a franchise big. 

He is going to have foul issues again this year as well. Not to mention if he isn’t down in the post right by the basket or spitting up for threes he’s highly ineffective right now. 

I’m glad  to see him giving more effort on the boards though. 

Ja on the other hand has looked good. Not great until this aggressive showing. 

5 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Jaren yet again showing that he is nowhere near a franchise big. 

He is going to have foul issues again this year as well. Not to mention if he isn’t down in the post right by the basket or spitting up for threes he’s highly ineffective right now. 

I’m glad  to see him giving more effort on the boards though. 

Ja on the other hand has looked good. Not great until this aggressive showing. 

Might need to just run high pick and rolls with Ja and Jaren then let Ja go to work.  If that sets up Jaren or someone else.  Then if all else fails you hit Jaren for the 3 or dump it down to JV inside.  

Spacing looks to be an issue especially if we go ice cold like we did tonight.  Or, I guess we did since I forgot our game was on TV.

48 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I didn't see anything Plumlee did for this style of play, that Noah couldn't do better.

31 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Might need to just run high pick and rolls with Ja and Jaren then let Ja go to work.  If that sets up Jaren or someone else.  Then if all else fails you hit Jaren for the 3 or dump it down to JV inside.  

Spacing looks to be an issue especially if we go ice cold like we did tonight.  Or, I guess we did since I forgot our game was on TV.

It seemed to me a lot of standing around on offense to them who don't have the ball.

7 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

I didn't see anything Plumlee did for this style of play, that Noah couldn't do better.

yes to Noah

6 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Start to think that the Parsons deal was not that good.... Hill and Plumlee cost more money and are not great at all.

We lost that trade Chandler should have remained on the roster until his contract was up or a better deal surfaced. 2 for 1 was a bad idea and short sighted. That along with not flipping Bradley for an asset was two blunders.