bhoyal

Will there be any "scrub love" this season?

It's weird because I've wanted Jae on our team for awhile now (while we still were trying to compete), it just kind of stinks that we got him when we did. He'll still have a positive impact on us though. 

6 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I'm glad you said it out loud ...

I too, am hoping that Grayson gets control of his limbs and becomes a valuable member of the Grizz... 

BUT - I reserve the right to knitpick his every 'questionable ' move .

IF he can CONSISTENTLY perform - then he won't be a scrub ...

IF he pulls some more of the 'non-basketball' moves - I have a feeling the players will handle / police it themselves. 

But after watching him sink a few buckets today I see there is potential there ... 

As long as he gets buckets I’m down with him kicking dudes every now and then. Half JJ Reddick, half 3 ninjas kickback 

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

Can't imagine how he would. He's been a rotational player on a playoff team like 6 or 7 years straight. He'd get minutes in any team in the league. Just happens to be starting on ours. 

Well, you did describe a scrub player and I think his attitude/style of play is going to be a big hit here locally (**that said maybe he is not bad enough to be a scrub that maybe what you are saying and I misread it  heh).

there definitely will be scrub love. tko was my all time favorite- terrance kinsey. 

its what makes sports so incredibly fun and personal- watching guys grow, mature and sometimes beating the odds. our own socks, elliot perry, was once considered a long-shot, or journeyman in the league. 

slim. 

I think the only scrub type with a starting chance is Allen. I’ve been a Rabb guy for a year or two. I would love for Yuta to become a rotational player and get some serious Japanese fans. I’m hoping Marco will be good.

1 minute ago, Jetfixer said:

I think the only scrub type with a starting chance is Allen. I’ve been a Rabb guy for a year or two. I would love for Yuta to become a rotational player and get some serious Japanese fans. I’m hoping Marco will be good.

I Feel ya’

I really didn’t want to like G’boy Al but,...BUT... I gotta say Tenacious G was going at it against MH.

Sometimes write offs don’t save you anything.

One game sample size is only one game sample size though...

15 minutes ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

I Feel ya’

I really didn’t want to like G’boy Al but,...BUT... I gotta say Tenacious G was going at it against MH.

Sometimes write offs don’t save you anything.

One game sample size is only one game sample size though...

I want to be an Allen fan because people hate him, I kinda like the hate, but he has to prove himself. 

21 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

I want to be an Allen fan because people hate him, I kinda like the hate, but he has to prove himself. 

That’s the thing...

I don’t wanna be a fan of his. But, despite that ... he played pretty well! Yes, against a team that wasn’t NBA quality. But still, 18/3/3 and as tenacious as he played...

i can see why Shaachefski kept him playing even after all the drama... 

1 hour ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

That’s the thing...

I don’t wanna be a fan of his. But, despite that ... he played pretty well! Yes, against a team that wasn’t NBA quality. But still, 18/3/3 and as tenacious as he played...

i can see why Shaachefski kept him playing even after all the drama... 

Calkinssaid on the Parrish show after media day that Grayson knows he has this hyper competitive side and has been trying to control it since he was nine. Apparently, he was much worse as a kid, flipping off a lady after making a free throw because she had been catcalling trying to make him miss.

3 hours ago, Wells said:

Calkinssaid on the Parrish show after media day that Grayson knows he has this hyper competitive side and has been trying to control it since he was nine. Apparently, he was much worse as a kid, flipping off a lady after making a free throw because she had been catcalling trying to make him miss.

Grayson Allen is my scrub love this season.

6 hours ago, Wells said:

Flipping off a lady who catcalls you to miss is not being competitive. It is being classless. 

Ppl who are ultra competitive just wants to be the best to win. Everything else is outside noise they use to fuel that desire. 

To win you have to control your emotions, his mentality shows he does not know how to win at the highest level. 

19 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Flipping off a lady who catcalls you to miss is not being competitive. It is being classless. 

Ppl who are ultra competitive just wants to be the best to win. Everything else is outside noise they use to fuel that desire. 

To win you have to control your emotions, his mentality shows he does not know how to win at the highest level. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlzhjyoEoxpF22bTv0Taz

1 hour ago, tangogriz said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlzhjyoEoxpF22bTv0Taz

Don't know under what context that is, seems done more in jest since it's with a smile on his face, but OK if Grayson can have a similar career he can flip whomever he sees fit off. 

I heard the interview too, he didn’t say he flipped her off, said he gave her a look, maybe mean mugged her. At least that’s what I remember.

I hope there is a lot of "scrub love" this year. I'd love it if players we entered the season not expecting a lot from outperformed our expectations even if only in a short appearance. 

Scrub love means the fans are interested in the team and are hoping for diamonds in the rough to appear. I'm all for that. 

5 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Don't know under what context that is, seems done more in jest since it's with a smile on his face, but OK if Grayson can have a similar career he can flip whomever he sees fit off. 

Well said, sir.

I want all the Grizzly scrubs to shine, but I guess, right now Yuta is at the top of the list.

9 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

https://929espn.radio.com/media/audio-channel/october-1-2019-hour-1-guest-gary-parrish

The interview is around the 21 minute mark, I think. Pretty good, but it wasn't a bird....just a mean look, and he got in trouble by his coach......4th grade.

5 hours ago, tangogriz said:

I want all the Grizzly scrubs to shine, but I guess, right now Yuta is at the top of the list.

I'm really pulling for Yuta too, but he had a not so good outing against Maccabi Haifa, perhaps the worst showing on the team along with Plumlee.  I hope he performs better tonight.

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'm really pulling for Yuta too, but he had a not so good outing against Maccabi Haifa, perhaps the worst showing on the team along with Plumlee.  I hope he performs better tonight.

I was busy during the last game, but can catch this one. He has great form on his 3. I'm looking forward to him sinking a few. 

37 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

I was busy during the last game, but can catch this one. He has great form on his 3. I'm looking forward to him sinking a few. 

Me too.  I think he needs to get his confidence up.  I hope he plays well.