bhoyal

Will there be any "scrub love" this season?

Anybody pulling for Rabb to start?  Plumlee?  Watanabe?

Who will be the next G league call-up to become hero of the scrub-love world?

81NKh0PgiML._UX385_.jpg  <---- high quality scrubs

Just to set the record straight... scrubs happen in all various ages, races, etc

Votes for Caucasians are not required.

Does Bruno still count as a scrub? Or did he go from overhyped draft pick to scrub to irrelevant to end-of-bench guy to potential key role player in the course of his short career?

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

Does Bruno still count as a scrub? Or did he go from overhyped draft pick to scrub to irrelevant to end-of-bench guy to potential key role player in the course of his short career?

The latter imo

7 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Anybody pulling for Rabb to start?  Plumlee?  Watanabe?

Who will be the next G league call-up to become hero of the scrub-love world?

81NKh0PgiML._UX385_.jpg  <---- high quality scrubs

1 Yuta please ...

and he is NOT a scrub.

just wait until we get some Japanese Yuta fans here !

ahhhhh YUUUUUU 

soldier boy tellem

🤩

19 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

It's impossible to have scrub love since there are no scrubs - just 13-15 NBA starters.

*ducks for cover*

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but this looks like one of the better Grizz rosters since the core-4 were in their prime.

But there is the issue of youth. (cough-cough Ja cough)

There are only debates when you have scrub veterans vs. scrub youth. Should the vets sit in favor of someone who may or not be able to get better with playing time. Since they are all young and weak it will be easier to see who should be sitting.

I don't think we have any scrub veterans at least. JV is good, and Crowder is a rotational player on any team in the league. If you want to lump Tyus Jones and Kyle into that group, neither are fantastic, but they're serviceable. 

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

I don't think we have any scrub veterans at least. JV is good, and Crowder is a rotational player on any team in the league. If you want to lump Tyus Jones and Kyle into that group, neither are fantastic, but they're serviceable. 

Tyus played 23 minutes a game last season (averaged 5 assists per game).  Slo-Mo had started 40 games last season before he got injured.  The days of being Mike + Marc + a bunch of scrubs is past.  The Kobi Simmons/Deyonta Davis era has ended.

18 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Tyus played 23 minutes a game last season (averaged 5 assists per game).  Slo-Mo had started 40 games last season before he got injured.  The days of being Mike + Marc + a bunch of scrubs is past.  The Kobi Simmons/Deyonta Davis era has ended.

To be fair Kyle started for bad team, tyus didn't start for a mediocre Minnesota team that didn't make the playoffs. They're still decent, but not world beaters. I just meant lumping them in with the vets instead of with the young guys. 

That's why I didn't pull a "Grizz have been gifted a super-star in {slo-mo/Tyus}!!" opting instead for a reminder that they are better than run of the mill past scrubs (Simmons, Davis, etc) who a few posters went nuts over-valuing.

Speaking of scrubs, I inform you that board favorite Shelvin mack is playing in Italy and sucks here too

21 minutes ago, Myers said:

Speaking of scrubs, I inform you that board favorite Shelvin mack is playing in Italy and sucks here too

tenor.gif?itemid=11012591

58 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

Does rooting for Grayson Allen to get it together count as a rub love. That dude has some tools and could be a nice complement imho

I'm glad you said it out loud ...

I too, am hoping that Grayson gets control of his limbs and becomes a valuable member of the Grizz... 

BUT - I reserve the right to knitpick his every 'questionable ' move .

IF he can CONSISTENTLY perform - then he won't be a scrub ...

IF he pulls some more of the 'non-basketball' moves - I have a feeling the players will handle / police it themselves. 

But after watching him sink a few buckets today I see there is potential there ... 

1 hour ago, Gradey said:

If Jae Crowder counts as scrub love I think he will be the one for me at least :D

Can't imagine how he would. He's been a rotational player on a playoff team like 6 or 7 years straight. He'd get minutes in any team in the league. Just happens to be starting on ours.