The Stro Show

Josh Jackson to start season in G-League

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

Damaged goods is exactly what zbo was considered before he got here.  Now his jersey will be retired 

But ZBo actually gave you production on the court. JJ hasn't, at least not to date.

8 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

I hope and somewhat expect that he never gets to play for the Grizz.

We do not need damaged goods in the locker room.

Why would you wish that? I would rather he turn things around and become a huge contributor for the Grizzlies.

41 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

But ZBo actually gave you production on the court. JJ hasn't, at least not to date.

True but the premise of damaged goods,  or blackhole still apply 

4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

So I take it you don't like Balls?

This made me laugh out loud...

23 hours ago, Dwash said:

Underdeveloped skills (he was picked #4 off some unwarranted HS hype), bad attitude, low IQ, poor work ethic. What else is there to see here? 

BUT our other options are TRASH.   At this point Josh couldn't possibly be a worse option than the guys that's been playing.   

Jackson is more athletic and can actually run a PickNRoll and catch lobs.   I want to see a Marko + Josh wing combo.   See if they can compliment each other skillwise and fit alongside Ja. 

18 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

BUT our other options are TRASH.   At this point Josh couldn't possibly be a worse option than the guys that's been playing.   

Jackson is more athletic and can actually run a PickNRoll and catch lobs.   I want to see a Marko + Josh wing combo.   See if they can compliment each other skillwise and fit alongside Ja. 

You are wrong. Josh can be worse. We all just hope he isn't. 

49 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

30 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

You are wrong. Josh can be worse. We all just hope he isn't. 

Right. He can be worse. Looking at on court impact he was one of the worst players in the league last year. I guarantee you could find a take for 28 year old Jae Crowder right now at virtually the same dollars Phoenix had to beg anyone to take 22 year old Josh Jackson for.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Right. He can be worse. Looking at on court impact he was one of the worst players in the league last year. I guarantee you could find a take for 28 year old Jae Crowder right now at virtually the same dollars Phoenix had to beg anyone to take 22 year old Josh Jackson for.

Of course Jae would be traded for before Josh - no arguments there.     Just let me see what Josh can do in a different environment with TWO legit PGs.   Remember they didn't have one his entire stint in PHO.   I know he has flaws but he also does have skills too.  

Let's just see is all i am asking.   

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Of course Jae would be traded for before Josh - no arguments there.     Just let me see what Josh can do in a different environment with TWO legit PGs.   Remember they didn't have one his entire stint in PHO.   I know he has flaws but he also does have skills too.  

Do you want to go to the Hustle's opening game? I think it would be fun to watch personally. 

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Maybe we will see. Just always alarmed when good athletes are poor defensively. Says something about them usually.

16 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Do you want to go to the Hustle's opening game? I think it would be fun to watch personally. 

i have entertained the idea of  taking the kids but never motivated enough to go all the way thru.   Usually the guys i want to see have all been on the Varsity squad. 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

i have entertained the idea of  taking the kids but never motivated enough to go all the way thru.   Usually the guys i want to see have all been on the Varsity squad. 

This year's Hustle team ought to be pretty entertaining and you'd get to see what Josh's game is really about instead of making assumptions on people's writings about him. 

16 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Maybe we will see. Just always alarmed when good athletes are poor defensively. Says something about them usually.

I think he can be a solid perimeter defender - the ability is there.   It's just sad that Ja has only one lob target in starting lineup.   It really just speaks to the state of our roster when i can see real logical reasons to bring Josh and Solomon into the rotation. 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

This year's Hustle team ought to be pretty entertaining and you'd get to see what Josh's game is really about instead of making assumptions on people's writings about him. 

Yea you are prob right but i have a feeling he won't be there long. 

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea you are prob right but i have a feeling he won't be there long. 

We could make it an event for the message boards. Getting a bunch of devoted posters together at the Hustle game possibly could get us some special seating as well. 

8 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

We could make it an event for the message boards. Getting a bunch of devoted posters together at the Hustle game possibly could get us some special seating as well. 

Usually pretty empty in there isnt it.  Shouldn't be hard to accomplish lol. 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Usually pretty empty in there isnt it.  Shouldn't be hard to accomplish lol. 

If we could get 10 posters there we'd practically double the usual attendance! 

That's cruel. It wasn't that poorly attended last year but it wasn't close to selling out either. 

I'm pretty sure if Josh can keep it together (personally) for a few weeks, or a month, and ball out in jr. league, he will be called up soon enough.

Well, if you guys that live locally in Memphis go to see their game, let the rest of us know how the kid looked.  I'd go if I was still in Memphis.

11 hours ago, chipc3 said:

If we could get 10 posters there we'd practically double the usual attendance! 

That's cruel. It wasn't that poorly attended last year but it wasn't close to selling out either. 

I’m in