Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

JV'S PLACE IN A LEAGUE

I am looking at all starting Centers in the NBA and trying to find out how good/bad JV is compared to other starting 5s at the start of the new season.

JV DEFINITELY BETTER THAN

1 Cody Zeller HORNETS

2 Thomas Bryant WIZARDS

3 Dewayne Dedmon Kings

4 Alex Len HAWKS

5 Dwight Howard LAKERS

6 Hassan Whiteside TRAIL BLAZERS

7 Willie Cauley-Stein WARRIORS

8 Jakob Poeltl SPURS

9 Wendell Carter Jr. BULLS

10 Tristan Thompson CAVALIERS

11 Dwight Powell MAVERICKS

12 Ivica Zubac CLIPPERS

13 Enes Kanter CELTICS

14 Derrick Favors PELICANS

15 Mitchell Robinson KNICKS

16 Bam Adebayo HEAT

17 Deandre Ayton SUNS

18 Jarrett Allen NETS

BETTER THAN JV

1 Nikola Jokic NUGGETS

2 Joel Embiid 76ERS

3 Karl-Anthony Towns TIMBERWOLVES

4 Rudy Gobert JAZZ

SIMILAR LEVEL TO JV

1 Nikola Vucevic MAGIC

2 Andre Drummond PISTONS

3 Myles Turner PACERS

4 Brook Lopez BUCKS

5 Steven Adams OKC

6 Clint Capela ROCKETS

7 Marc Gasol RAPTORS

So depence on your preference JV is somewhere between 5 and 12. Where would you place 3J among PF?

5 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

I am looking at all starting Centers in the NBA and trying to find out how good/bad JV is compared to other starting 5s at the start of the new season.

1 Cody Zeller HORNETS

2 Thomas Bryant WIZARDS

3 Dewayne Dedmon Kings

4 Alex Len HAWKS

5 Dwight Howard LAKERS

8 Jakob Poeltl SPURS

12 Ivica Zubac CLIPPERS

13 Enes Kanter CELTICS

16 Bam Adebayo HEAT

17 Deandre Ayton SUNS

18 Jarrett Allen NETS

BETTER THAN JV

1 Nikola Jokic NUGGETS

2 Joel Embiid 76ERS

4 Rudy Gobert JAZZ

SIMILAR LEVEL TO JV

1 Nikola Vucevic MAGIC

2 Andre Drummond PISTONS

3 Myles Turner PACERS

4 Brook Lopez BUCKS

5 Steven Adams OKC

6 Clint Capela ROCKETS

7 Marc Gasol RAPTORS

So depence on your preference JV is somewhere between 5 and 12. Where would you place 3J among PF?

I FEEL J,V could be top 5 centers in the N.B.A 

I think JV needs a Conley type PG to help him be a top C for a whole season (health as well).

We will be having a new offense and 3 new point Guards (3new SGs) so who knows what's going to happend chemistry is going to be key.

5 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Im not sure JV is not as good as Gobert for example. Gobert is a terrific defender, not JV but in term of offense, JV is much better.

For me JV is clearly in the top 5.

For me JV is clearly in the top 1....but i could be biased... a little.

17 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

1 Cody Zeller HORNETS

2 Thomas Bryant WIZARDS

3 Dewayne Dedmon Kings

4 Alex Len HAWKS

5 Dwight Howard LAKERS

8 Jakob Poeltl SPURS

12 Ivica Zubac CLIPPERS

13 Enes Kanter CELTICS

16 Bam Adebayo HEAT

17 Deandre Ayton SUNS

18 Jarrett Allen NETS

BETTER THAN JV

1 Nikola Jokic NUGGETS

2 Joel Embiid 76ERS

4 Rudy Gobert JAZZ

SIMILAR LEVEL TO JV

1 Nikola Vucevic MAGIC

2 Andre Drummond PISTONS

3 Myles Turner PACERS

4 Brook Lopez BUCKS

5 Steven Adams OKC

6 Clint Capela ROCKETS

7 Marc Gasol RAPTORS

On any given night, JV can be an elite center so top 5....BUT, he needs to be more consistent especially in the second game of a back to back...he usually looks a little bagged, he can also be a slow starter in first quarter....he plays elite ball when he is in the offensive scheme versus being a passenger, so that is the balance that JJJ, JA and JV I am sure will be working on in pre-season and first few games of reg season

The jury is still out on JV.  We need to see him as a starter for a full season.  The indicators on him contradict each other.  On one hand, his box score stats look really good.  On the other, real plus minus has never been high on him.  Toronto clearly didn't think much of trading him away for an aging Marc Gasol.  Memphis made him highly paid, but hedged their bets by only signing him for three years.  

What matters is how much he can help the Grizzlies outscore the competition, not how good his box score looks.  Which is why his real plus minus is troubling.  Usually though, a guy with a PER as high as JVs will have a high rpm too.  So maybe it was just measurement error and small sample size that explains his low rpm.  I don't know but we shall see.  

It's up in the air. I'd say stats-wise he'll be borderline top 10, simply because players like Vucevic, Ayton, Drummond, etc will be relied on more by their respective teams. JV is gonna be 2nd, maybe even 3rd on the list for us depending how Ja n JJJ go over the year. He'll have a big chunk of games where he carries us tho, whether it's a win or not. But i wouldn't expect him to be a top 5 center anytime soon.

3 hours ago, kevofrommempho said:

The jury is still out on JV.  We need to see him as a starter for a full season.  The indicators on him contradict each other.  On one hand, his box score stats look really good.  On the other, real plus minus has never been high on him.  Toronto clearly didn't think much of trading him away for an aging Marc Gasol.  Memphis made him highly paid, but hedged their bets by only signing him for three years.  

What matters is how much he can help the Grizzlies outscore the competition, not how good his box score looks.  Which is why his real plus minus is troubling.  Usually though, a guy with a PER as high as JVs will have a high rpm too.  So maybe it was just measurement error and small sample size that explains his low rpm.  I don't know but we shall see.  

the only reason the raptors wanted marc was he is a great defensive quarterback...and with guys like leonard and siakim on the team it took their defense to another level.

With his tenure with the Raptors JV was glued to the hip of DD.  His job was to set screens and watch DD shoot his average 40%. DD almost never played decent defense, he was saving himself for his offensive exploits. We can go to the Spurs Talk and we'll get plenty of info what Spurs hardcore fans think about DD. They don't think much.

Kyle Lowry sure was taking plenty of charges in the paint, but on the perimeter - short, not much of a defender.

We all saw how JV played with the Grizzlies at the end of the last season. Next season is going to be a new experience for JV. As for the Morant too. I think after the first 20-30 games into the season we will be able to pass a better judgement on the JV. If he can improve (regain) his agility - Grizzlies should be fun to watch. We'll see.