Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

COMPLETE GUIDE TO 2019 FIBA WORLD CUP

I stil dont understand how Mike Conley was not on the team.

Walker crumbled under pressure, as he often does, actually, he's been ordinary the whole tournament and even the friendly lead in games. Pop selected Derrick White, that was a hometown favouritism selection, and the dude couldn't get on the court when the game was in the balance, and Walker was crumbling under the pressure.

Pop and/or Kerr made some big tactical errors, such as what I just said, also not playing Lopez on Gobert, thinking Smart could play @ 5 on Gobert is just fanciful stuff.

13 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Great first half. France play as hard as they can, Gobert and Fournier playing NBA level basket. Mitchell for Usa as well.I doubt France can keep with the same intensity all game, let's see.

When i see Gobert and Mitchell play like this, i can't help to feel happy for Mike. They will have a great year and hope Utah give to Mike what he deserve.

Yeah I'm starting to think Utah will be dang good with Mike and Donovan together,  Mike and Smokin'Joe being the primary ball handlers and lots of options for PNR/PNP plays.

I'd have them as 2nd favorites im the west after the Clippers. The Lakers will crash and burn

13 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Great game from France, they fight and play as a team. Gobert was insane. But fairly speaking, USA did not play well (except Mitchell) as all. 

FrenchGrizzlies, congrats for the W. Two great games coming up on Friday. I think France and Australia will win their semis and will meet in the World Cup finals on Sunday.

6 hours ago, GameOn said:

FrenchGrizzlies, congrats for the W. Two great games coming up on Friday. I think France and Australia will win their semis and will meet in the World Cup finals on Sunday.

I think people are discounting Argentina at their peril. Scola looks like he's aging in reverse, and Facu Campazzo is absolutely on fire.

6 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I think people are discounting Argentina at their peril. Scola looks like he's aging in reverse, and Facu Campazzo is absolutely on fire.

Agreed, Argentina is very good. I think Scola is playing better now than when I saw him play with the Raptors. Compazzo is amazing and has a bright future. Going to be a great game between Argentina and France tomorrow, but I still think France will hang on for the W.

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

Agreed, Argentina is very good. I think Scola is playing better now than when I saw him play with the Raptors. Compazzo is amazing and has a bright future. Going to be a great game between Argentina and France tomorrow, but I still think France will hang on for the W.

Would put my money on France as well.

On 9/11/2019 at 10:25 AM, costarica2 said:

I know this was the B or C team but wow very disappointing.

Did Grizzlies play? Did they get injured? Do they have a nice recovery period now before the start of training camp? 

If they answers are yes, no and yes then I am not disappointed about the outcome. I love the USA but frankly couldn't care less about FIBA. 

18 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I stil dont understand how Mike Conley was not on the team.

Yeah.  Conley pretty much plays perfect basketball and doesn't really make mistakes.

Consummate pro.

Hopefully he makes the Olympic team next year.

Would be an IDEAL backup point guard even with our "dream team guards" (Steph/Harden/etc.).

I watched ZERO percent of ANY game but supposedly Rudy Gobert killed us.  Yeah, is pretty, pretty good.  Huge AND athletic.  

Sounds like our bigs were putrid (or worse).  They weren't even young (Plumlee and Brook Lopez).  I think we need to send some younger guys over like Jaren or Bagley or Mitchell Robinson.  Anthony Davis could be a MUST for us next year.  Team USA doesn't have a plethora of athletic/all-around big men any more, or at least not in their "primes" (Mitch/JJJ/Bag Man are on the younger side).

We might need to shake up the coaching staff too.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Team USA loses back-to-back games.

The golden age of the ABA is truly upon us!

That being said, hats off to Donovan Mitchell, Kemba Walker, Brook Lopez, Marcus Smart, Derrick White, Myles Turner, Larry Kenon, James Silas, Marvin "Bad News" Barnes, Larry Brown, Doug Moe, David Thompson, and Wendell Ladner.

Easy win for Argentina !!! France just show what they do most of the time. Win a great game, start to think they are the king of the world and unable to confirm the next one. Congrats to Argentina ,not really talented team (except Scola) but so brave and disciplined.

Will be a huge battle in final with Spain.

WINNERS LOSERS AND OVERACHIEVERS 2019 FIBA WORLD CUP

WINNERS AND OVERACHIEVERS

1 ARGENTINA and 39 year old Luis Scola

2 Spain and 34 old Marc Gasol

OVERACHIEVERS

1 Poland

2 Czech Republic

3 Dominican Republic

LOSERS

1 China 

2 Germany and Schröder

3 Greece and Giannis 

PATHETIC LOSERS 

1 Lithuania

2 Serbia

3 USA

FIBA

Amazing that Scola can be a total beast in this tournament and can’t even be a 15th man in the NBA (unless he chooses to play elsewhere). Scola vs. Gasol will be a treat  the Final. 

Also curious how Suns will look with Rubio as their first competent point guard in a while.

Other takeaway for me is that Jazz May be actual contenders with their mix of guys. I’d love nothing more than to see Conley win a championship while we undergo our rebuild. 

15 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Amazing that Scola can be a total beast in this tournament and can’t even be a 15th man in the NBA (unless he chooses to play elsewhere). Scola vs. Gasol will be a treat  the Final. 

Also curious how Suns will look with Rubio as their first competent point guard in a while.

Other takeaway for me is that Jazz May be actual contenders with their mix of guys. I’d love nothing more than to see Conley win a championship while we undergo our rebuild. 

If Mike wins i would be really happy for him....unlike Marc's ring....which leaves nothing but ashes in my mouth.

42 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

If Mike wins i would be really happy for him....unlike Marc's ring....which leaves nothing but ashes in my mouth.

JV will get a ring too. He said Kyle Lowry asked him about his ring size. ;)

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

JV will get a ring too. He said Kyle Lowry asked him about his ring size. ;)

The ring will be great, but it is just 1% off the hurt Jonas had watching the parade in Toronto.

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

To be fair, Scola has probably arranged his entire season to peak during these two weeks. I’m not sure he can keep this form over an entire season at 40. Plus he’s probably making a ton of money in China compared to what he could get in the NBA.

Rubio is shooting over 40% from 3 since August. If this translates even a little bit to the regular season, watch out.

3 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

The ring will be great, but it is just 1% off the hurt Jonas had watching the parade in Toronto.

Yeah, that’s tough but I’m sure when they give him the ring it’ll be a big event just centered around him.

Just now, fanboyslim said:

To be fair, Scola has probably arranged his entire season to peak during these two weeks. I’m not sure he can keep this form over an entire season at 40. Plus he’s probably making a ton of money in China compared to what he could get in the NBA.

Rubio is shooting over 40% from 3 since August. If this translates even a little bit to the regular season, watch out.

Yup, figured he was making way more $ playing in China and it was a personal choice. Just crazy no team would pick him up for a playoff run (like GSW did with a Bogut). Think he could chip in some valuable minutes in certain matchups. Regardless, it’s neat seeing a guy his age completely ball out for his country the way he has. The vibe around the Argentinian team is neat to watch. 

9 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Marc Gasol beats Australia after 2OT...Marc was amazing. 

yeah disappointing for FIBA MVP Patty Mills, a missed FT cost the Aussies