Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

COMPLETE GUIDE TO 2019 FIBA WORLD CUP

14 hours ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

OK, WC for LTU is over. Party lasted two days: Ws against Senegal and Canada. FIBA is bleeping things pretty good. Euroleague refs (pretty good) are banned from FIBA's tournaments. European championship now - every 4 years. Before it was simple: top basketball competition - Olympic games, second - EC, third - World Championship. Now - it's a circus. Slovenia, EC champ - does not participate. Sure, LTU can only blame itself, falling early behind against the Aussies and French - but we thought back. But we thought to the bitter end. In both games LTU managed to take the lead, just to fall at the end.

Regarding JV. I expected him to be in better shape. He better get his bleep together before the NBA starts. As one Lithuanian coach said (he was not with the team) "Before the NBA JV had the muscles of the deer (yep, he did), now - he has the muscles of the bear". Sure, if you look like a bear - go and play for the Grizzlies. Only one thing - bears in the nature are pretty quick predators. What JV is going to do about that?

I think JV is in good shape. I think he was not going into "beast mode" to avoid injury. Even so, look at his stats. He did a LOT more than most of the LTU players. JV cannot win the WC by himself. I will be happy to see JV return to his regular day job in a few weeks.

13 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yeah a terrific game, tied at the break, a ton of lead changes, high % shooting, Aus biggest lead 6, France biggest lead 5, Fournier, Mills leading scorers

Great game. Back and forth and it came down to the wire. Lots of good games today.

18 hours ago, evilution said:

Good to see Lithuania properly directing their anger into gameplay - 17-4 in 6.5 minutes. JV close to double-double in the first quarter already - Dominican team has no answers to him.

Good game for JV. Final stats for him in today's game:  19 pts/10 reb/1 ast/3 blks/1 stl. 

13 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

I love this LTU coach...love his passion, and yeah...he is a pretty good coach...he should be in the NB somewhere coaching....

Love the way he called out the reffing, saying it was a "F'ing joke" (then said it a second time while banging his hand on the table). I like that he stood up for the players when he mentioned that these guys gave up 2 months of their time for zero pay (was he just talking about JV and Sabonis - I 'm not sure if the rest of the team was paid?). In the freeze frame of the video above, JV is displaying his best "I was ripped off by the refs" face!

13 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Coach resigned after world cup failure.  

☹️ It wasn't all on him.

13 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

What a win by Australia!

Superb game!

Patty makes a steal on  the inbounds with 4sec left up by one.

Dang good game.

Fournier was terrific and Baynes incredible 5/6 from 3, and took 3 charges at crucial times in the game.

That was an incredible steal!!!

Baynes, 5/6 from 3 - didn't see that coming.

12 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

Looks like Yuta had himself quite the game against Montenegro. 

Just saw the highlights. Yuta on 🔥 

Has he EVER scored 34 points in a game in his career?

16 hours ago, lions said:

AMAZING the u.s.a team is winning with there B team , are the AMERCIAN  that GREAT  or are the other  that WEAK  go RED. WHITE .AND BLUE 

Nah, just lucky there's no Anorthumbrian team.

Serbia gonski, they were really disappointing, actually all tournament, except for Bogdanovic. I don't know how the Joker was in the MVP race, either he is very overated, or the Serbia coach doesnt know what he is doing, or the Denver guards make him look good

Serbia have a lot of talented player but they did not play as a team. They rely too much on pure talent but organization and way they play  are weak. Happy for Argentina who have been very serious all game.

Today, France will beat USA, my apologize for that guys 😋 !!! C'est la vie !!!

7 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Serbia have a lot of talented player but they did not play as a team. They rely too much on pure talent but organization and way they play  are weak. Happy for Argentina who have been very serious all game.

Today, France will beat USA, my apologize for that guys 😋 !!! C'est la vie !!!

Allez Les Bleus

Great first half. France play as hard as they can, Gobert and Fournier playing NBA level basket. Mitchell for Usa as well.I doubt France can keep with the same intensity all game, let's see.

When i see Gobert and Mitchell play like this, i can't help to feel happy for Mike. They will have a great year and hope Utah give to Mike what he deserve.

Dang France shock the world by sinking Team USA!

Great performance, showed a lot of courage to get back the lead after having been up 10, followed by a USA run to put France down by 6 in the 4th

Great games by Fournier, and Gobert, even Frankie N made a big 3.

On the other side of the coin, Kemba Walker crumbled under the pressure, same with Smart who missed 4 crucial FT in a row, and not having decent C has hurt them, although not sure why Lopez didn't get a run in the last mins of the 4th with the game on the line to counter Gobert

Walker is not a clutch player, he crumbles under pressure, just look at the Hornets pathetic record.

Mike Conley should have been in this team.

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

Dang France shock the world by sinking Team USA!

Great performance, showed a lot of courage to get back the lead after having been up 10, followed by a USA run to put France down by 6.

Great games by Fournier, and Gobert, even Frankie N made a big 3.

On the other side of the coin, Kemba Walker crumbled under the pressure, same with Smart who missed 4 crucial FT in a row, and not having decent C has hurt them, although not sure why Lopez didn't get a run to counter Gobert

Walker is not a clutch player, he crumbles under pressure, Mike Conley should have been in this team.

USA gonski

Not at all surprised that USA was defeated (congrats, FrenchGrizzlies) but a bit surprised at how they were defeated. I just can't understand how baffled they've been all through the championship by relatively straightforward zone defenses. You would think that with a 3-point shooting center like Lopez they would be killing zones with ease. And yet...

On the other hand I am very reluctant to blame the players, because they were the ones that showed up. They deserve some credit, I don't think many of them expected to be here and so they probably weren't in the best competitive shape.

Anyway. I suspect this will mean the US olympic team will be back with a vengeance.

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

AUS is gonna stuff this up by losing

LOL. I don't see that happening but I can only hope.

I mean, nothing but love and respect for the Aussies, but as a Spanish fan I know who I'd rather play in the semis :D

Time for AUS to get revenge after being ripped off by the refs at the Rio Olympics, who clearly did not want Spain to lose, and refused to make foul calls which could have won the game for the Aussies