Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

COMPLETE GUIDE TO 2019 FIBA WORLD CUP

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Care to elaborate?

0/2 from the field in 13 minutes, 2 bad TOs, really out of rhythm. To be fair the entire Serbian team other than Bogdanovic was out of sorts.

Exactly, Serbia just miss the game. Bogdanovic was the only one plating his level. This game looks like Lithuania- france where only JV play well for Lithuania.

As a french guy, im quite exciting to look Australia-France today, should be a great game.

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

0/2 from the field in 13 minutes, 2 bad TOs, really out of rhythm. To be fair the entire Serbian team other than Bogdanovic was out of sorts.

Thanks.  I hope Marko gets it together for his time with the Grizzlies.

Good to see Lithuania properly directing their anger into gameplay - 17-4 in 6.5 minutes. JV close to double-double in the first quarter already - Dominican team has no answers to him.

OK, WC for LTU is over. Party lasted two days: Ws against Senegal and Canada. FIBA is bleeping things pretty good. Euroleague refs (pretty good) are banned from FIBA's tournaments. European championship now - every 4 years. Before it was simple: top basketball competition - Olympic games, second - EC, third - World Championship. Now - it's a circus. Slovenia, EC champ - does not participate. Sure, LTU can only blame itself, falling early behind against the Aussies and French - but we thought back. But we thought to the bitter end. In both games LTU managed to take the lead, just to fall at the end.

Regarding JV. I expected him to be in better shape. He better get his bleep together before the NBA starts. As one Lithuanian coach said (he was not with the team) "Before the NBA JV had the muscles of the deer (yep, he did), now - he has the muscles of the bear". Sure, if you look like a bear - go and play for the Grizzlies. Only one thing - bears in the nature are pretty quick predators. What JV is going to do about that?

4 hours ago, evilution said:

Good to see Lithuania properly directing their anger into gameplay - 17-4 in 6.5 minutes. JV close to double-double in the first quarter already - Dominican team has no answers to him.

Yeah, Dominican Rep no answer for a big like JV

22 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

France v Aus a high quality game.

Yeah a terrific game, tied at the break, a ton of lead changes, high % shooting, Aus biggest lead 6, France biggest lead 5, Fournier, Mills leading scorers

Mills and Fournier going shot for shot.

Mills is like the Aussie version of Majic Money Mike

Dang this is the game of the tournament so far, Fournier and Mills have been stunning, Baynes shooting 4/5 from 3. France up by 3 with 8 to go

18 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

I love this LTU coach...love his passion, and yeah...he is a pretty good coach...he should be in the NB somewhere coaching....

Coach resigned after world cup failure.  

What a win by Australia!

Superb game!

Patty makes a steal on  the inbounds with 4sec left up by one.

Dang good game.

Fournier was terrific and Baynes incredible 5/6 from 3, and took 3 charges at crucial times in the game.

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

Coach resigned after world cup failure.  

Not surprised, but doesn't take away from his ability to coach at an elite level...like in the NBA.  The challenge going forward for Lithuania is their shrinking talent pool, dwindling population, young kids are leaving the country in droves for other euro destinations...world cup failure?? they led AUS with a few minutes to go in game, and arguably with France the game came down to last shot...and really incompetent reffing.  So there right there, but not sure it looks bright for Lithuanian basketball in foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Details?

34 points, 9 rebounds. Japan lost however 80-65 to Montenegro. 

Bruno Caboclo had 6 points and 3 rebounds against the USA this morning also. 

Yesterday Marco Guduric was held scoreless with only 2 rebounds against Spain. 

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Details?

As chip said, 34 pts and 9 rebounds - here's some highlights: 

A lot of nice drives to the basket with shots off the dribble.  Good use of the offhand on one of the plays as well. Almost everything in the midrange and at the basket.

AMAZING the u.s.a team is winning with there B team , are the AMERCIAN  that GREAT  or are the other  that WEAK  go RED. WHITE .AND BLUE 

12 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'm glad we didn't let Fizdale dump Frank N onto us

+1 he is just a no brain player !! tough loss for French, large part because of Gobert who give 3 fault in the last 2 min, specially one when he was in position to dunk and make a stupid one..but big credit to Australia who are just incredible and fun to watch.

11 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

+1 he is just a no brain player !! tough loss for French, large part because of Gobert who give 3 fault in the last 2 min, specially one when he was in position to dunk and make a stupid one..but big credit to Australia who are just incredible and fun to watch.

Both teams were incredible, both shooting above 60%, AUS shooting near 50% from 3.

Mills was like many games of Mike Conley I've had the privilege to watch.

Baynes was incredible, and Smokin' Joe Ingles finally played like he does for Utah.

Fournier was outstanding, and he was only slowed down when AUS finally switched Smokin' Joe onto him. I was against it before but I'd definitely look at a trade to bring Fournier to the Grizzlies, my only question mark is his D.

The problem for France is @ PG, they no longer have Tony Parker to anchor the team, Ntilikina is not a starter, DeColo was much better, they should have started with him.

8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

34 points, 9 rebounds. Japan lost however 80-65 to Montenegro. 

Bruno Caboclo had 6 points and 3 rebounds against the USA this morning also. 

Yesterday Marco Guduric was held scoreless with only 2 rebounds against Spain. 

Thanks for the summary, Chip.  Nice game for Yuta.  I hope he can take another step or two forward.