Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

COMPLETE GUIDE TO 2019 FIBA WORLD CUP

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

I meant that Australia had mentally defeated LTU by half time. They were up by 11 and their defense was stifling JV, Sabonis and the rest of the team. Australia's 1st half shooting % was off the charts and you could see the frustration of the LTU players. Even though LTU played better in the 2nd half, I think that they were mentally not in a good place and that prevented them from pulling off the win. Even coach Adomaitis was rattled. I believe it was in the late part of the second quarter that he called a time out, then proceeded to yell hard at his players. While he was yelling, he was SMASHING his pen on his drawing board. When your coach is "losing it", that's never a good sign.  

Respectfully disagree.  A team that is mentally defeated, does not play like LTU played in the second half.  They were engaged, focused and productive.  A couple of missed freethows and bunnies as well as crazy shot-making by Mills at the very end of the game is what did us in.

And JV was more stifled by his own team-mates than the Aussies.  LTU plan was clearly to go at Mills and exhaust him.  JV and Sabonis drew the attention of the defenses in the previous two games and our non-NBA personnel performed great.  I think the team got used to drop-offs from the bigs for open shots but the strategy did not work against AUS because they did not double the bigs.  And LTU did not do anything to make AUS defend our bigs harder.  JV hardly got the ball at all.  Raptors JV all over again!  After setting screens for two quarters he was struggling to stay engaged and I can't blame him.  He thrives when he's involved like he was with the Grizz!

7 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

We are a better team than Australia and if we played 7 game playoffs series we would definitely win

This is laughable.

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

This is laughable.

what laughable is they WARNED us GRIZZLIES FANS to  root for there team or they would HANG US from the FEDEX form 

These analyses are laughable.

Australia went big with both Baynes and Bogut and they locked JV out of the game. The coach had to take him out of the game, and go small with Sabonis @ 5. Baynes owned JV. He was JV  Mk II

Australia missed a ton of shots in the 4th. Ingles couldn't hit the side of a barn, and that is extremely rare for him. The score could have been much bigger.

When JV came back in Patty shoots one right in JV's face BANG! for thrrrrreeeeeee!

I hope this is not a sign of things to come for the Grizzlies.....

1 minute ago, lions said:

what laughable is they WARNED us GRIZZLIES FANS to  root for there team or they would HANG US from the FEDEX form 

LOL

Yeah, right, delusional....

Patty was channeling the Beard with that stepback 3 for the win. What a move and what a shot!

Heck of a team, that Australia. They really care about their hoops down under

59 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Heck of a team, that Australia. They really care about their hoops down under

What you talking about Willis? Down Under?

Not according to this map as used in the West Wing (see Season 2)

The Aussies are top of the world

src.adapt.960.high.corrective_map.141159

Australia beat Dominican Rep, if Lithuania lose to France they are gonski

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Australia beat Dominican Rep, if Lithuania lose to France they are gonski

Gonski

Jaylen Brown and the Greek Freak had words to say to each other. I thought they were going to get into it but Middleton came in to break it up

The loser of France and Australia will be facing team USA in QF, unless Brazil pulls of a miracle in the next game

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Gonski

Gonski game analysis #1:  too little, too late. Gonski game analysis #2:  refs you suck. On JV's last free throw, Gobert touched the rim, so LTU should have got 2 points for that, which would have put LTU up by 1 point. That could have totally changed the game and possibly resulted in LTU winning the game. JV had a good game (18 pts/8 rebs/1 ast/2 blocks). But you can't hang your hat on just one player. Sabonis had a mediocre game (7 pts/6 rebs/4 ast/1 block). Plus Sabonis had 4 turnovers. LTU needs to upgrade their team talent level, especially on shooting 3's. Plus they took a lot of dumb fouls. I know JV loves to play for his home country, but I think he should stop going to the world cups and focus on his day job. He can't help LTU win all by himself, so what's the point of risking injury when you're not going to win the cup? So now Grizzlies fans, will Bruno or Marko do us proud and win the world cup??? 

On 9/6/2019 at 1:15 PM, Karas said:

Respectfully disagree.  A team that is mentally defeated, does not play like LTU played in the second half.  They were engaged, focused and productive.  A couple of missed freethows and bunnies as well as crazy shot-making by Mills at the very end of the game is what did us in.

And JV was more stifled by his own team-mates than the Aussies.  LTU plan was clearly to go at Mills and exhaust him.  JV and Sabonis drew the attention of the defenses in the previous two games and our non-NBA personnel performed great.  I think the team got used to drop-offs from the bigs for open shots but the strategy did not work against AUS because they did not double the bigs.  And LTU did not do anything to make AUS defend our bigs harder.  JV hardly got the ball at all.  Raptors JV all over again!  After setting screens for two quarters he was struggling to stay engaged and I can't blame him.  He thrives when he's involved like he was with the Grizz!

Agree 100%. I'm glad they gave JV more touches in today's game against France. And you see how he responded! 

20 hours ago, lions said:

Hey lions, you survived hurricane Dorian! Lucky you, that you have your power and internet connection! How bad was it overall?

5 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

JV come home and in great shape, that's the most important.

You're exactly right. I believe LTU still has 1 more game scheduled (against Dominican Republic). Will they still play that game or is LTU totally finished with the tournament?

4 hours ago, GameOn said:

Hey lions, you survived hurricane Dorian! Lucky you, that you have your power and internet connection! How bad was it overall?

we did not have any of the hurricane were I live , thanks for the concerns , the only hurricane I,m looking for, are  the CAROLINA HURRICANES  hockey is about 3 weeks away 

That last play is why the nba should never adopt the goaltend rule. Way too many games end on fts and with the way nba refs are bs like that would go down all the time.

Sorry for the LTU fans. Glad JV is healthy for training camp.

France play better and get more talent than Lithuania. If they did not have some blank minute and miss lot of FT, they shoud have win by 10. Lithuania get back only ith one player JV. THe rest of the team is not good enough and Sabonis have a poor game. Gobert, Fournier and De Colo have been great.

Look forward the game tomorrow against Australia; Will be interesting.

Watched the Brazil vs Czech game yesterday. After an amazing block by Bruno in the first quarter, the play by play announcer called Bruno The Great Wall of China! Great to see how Bruno is progressing in his development. 

6 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

FIBA is a joke. China is a joke.Referees are disgusting amateurs.

FIBA world cup is a joke.

And now for the good news:  FIBA WC is over in 7 days, NBA training camp starts in a few weeks and the Grizzlies 1st pre-season game is October 6. In the 2019-20 season, as always, the 3 certainties in life are 1. Death 2. Taxes 3. Bad calls from Refs. 😄

Edited by 10SC-2-TOKYO