Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

COMPLETE GUIDE TO 2019 FIBA WORLD CUP

Just now, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

Man, my blood is boiling already. Senegal showed up against Aussies, game was close getting into the fourth quarter. Still, Aussies prevailed 81-68. 

NOW Lithuania - Canada. If we (Lithuania) win - all is rosy. If we lose, and lose last game to Aussies - it would be a national tragedy.

My time game starts at 6:30, but at 3:00 i was outside, drinking coffee and smoking. OK, 21 to go to the game start. Hopefully I'll alright after the game.

This FIBA WC format with 32 teams, initially just 2 teams advancing after the first round, consisting of 3!!!! games is ridiculous. And oh, no European champ here too. I guess Luka is not good enough to play in the WC.

Lithuania, Australia and Canada (with Senegal) in one group and only two will advance. Crazy. Good teams spent months in preparation, just to play for a week in the WC???? Ridiculous.

You do not need to be scared....WE ARE LITHUANIA....Canada has no prayer. 

I'm watching the second half and I'm liking a lot what I'm seeing from Bruno, very active on the boards and not afraid at all to contest Giannis on defense.

OK, 5 calls in the second quarter had to go opposite way, but the they LTU plays now - looks like  nothing and nobody can affect them. Sorry Canada, you are going home. But why cry? Canadians love hockey, Lithuanians -  basketball. If not the crazy seeding, Canada is a good team and in other groups could have a better fighting chance. Once again, LTU played like a machine, everybody new their assignments, played together, nobody got hurt and advanced to the second round.

Next game against Aussies. I'm always uneasy facing them. They play very physical, if you answer the same way against way - they begin to play even more physical, on the edge of hurting other team. Or if Aussies fall behind, their "defense" reminds more of rugby, not basketball. I just hope, that with basketball gaining more popularity in the Down Under - their habits will change a bit. Everybody is a pro in the World Cup,  there is no need for  excesses. It's a game, not a battle for survival.

8 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

LITHUANIA 92 CANADA 69

JV 13PTS FG 5/6 83% OREB 3 DREB 5 REB 8 AST 1  STL 1 18:03 MIN

And once again highest +/- on the team. Against Senegal: +42 in 20:59, today: +15. Though in these two games those stats really didn't matter cause LTU plays like a well tuned, high performing machine.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

I'm watching the second half and I'm liking a lot what I'm seeing from Bruno, very active on the boards and not afraid at all to contest Giannis on defense.

Heads up play using the FIBA rules to swat away that last free throw as well. Only saw highlights, but he seemed to make some good plays.

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

Heads up play using the FIBA rules to swat away that last free throw as well. Only saw highlights, but he seemed to make some good plays.

It turned out to be an amazing game. Brazil wins on the backs of Varejao (22/9) and Bruno on the defensive side (10 rebounds and a big stop on Giannis with 2 up and 6 seconds to go). Great game by Bruno overall, I must admit I'm impressed.

Team USA had a big scare today, only beating Turkey by one after 1 OT.

Very solid play by Bruno so far he still has that awareness issue but it looks like he is improving on that.

18 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Aren't you Canadian?

I am Canadian, but I'm a big JV fan and a Grizzlies fan.

8 hours ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

Man, my blood is boiling already. Senegal showed up against Aussies, game was close getting into the fourth quarter. Still, Aussies prevailed 81-68. 

NOW Lithuania - Canada. If we (Lithuania) win - all is rosy. If we lose, and lose last game to Aussies - it would be a national tragedy.

My time game starts at 6:30, but at 3:00 i was outside, drinking coffee and smoking. OK, 21 to go to the game start. Hopefully I'll alright after the game.

This FIBA WC format with 32 teams, initially just 2 teams advancing after the first round, consisting of 3!!!! games is ridiculous. And oh, no European champ here too. I guess Luka is not good enough to play in the WC.

Lithuania, Australia and Canada (with Senegal) in one group and only two will advance. Crazy. Good teams spent months in preparation, just to play for a week in the WC???? Ridiculous.

Two of my favorite vices! 💨

I think it's ridiculous that even if you lose a game you get 1 point in the standings. Plus the quarters should be 12 minutes not 10.

6 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

LITHUANIA 92 CANADA 69

JV 13PTS FG 5/6 83% FT 3/3 100% OREB 3 DREB 5 REB 8 AST 1  STL 1 18:03 MIN

Average for JV over 2 games - 13 points / 9.5 rebounds. He only played 18 minutes today. The refs were whistle happy, especially in the 1st half and JV was getting into foul trouble early. Ok, someone has to say it ... Refs you suck!!!

6 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Any (3 point) Bruno Bombs? I haven't watched that game yet.

6 hours ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

And once again highest +/- on the team. Against Senegal: +42 in 20:59, today: +15. Though in these two games those stats really didn't matter cause LTU plays like a well tuned, high performing machine.

I'm impressed at the amount of depth that LTU has.

4 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

It turned out to be an amazing game. Brazil wins on the backs of Varejao (22/9) and Bruno on the defensive side (10 rebounds and a big stop on Giannis with 2 up and 6 seconds to go). Great game by Bruno overall, I must admit I'm impressed.

Wow, nice stop by Bruno. He just keeps getting better and better.

8 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

if team U, S. A  had there really SUPER STAR players they would Kick A----  wait until the 2020 games when the BIG BOYS slow up 

let see if  our Friends from other parts of the world would like to play the U.S.A  in N.F.L football

25 minutes ago, lions said:

if team U, S. A  had there really SUPER STAR players they would Kick A----  wait until the 2020 games when the BIG BOYS slow up 

If the US super stars were there, they would blow everyone out of the water.

10 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Not necessarily. Even in 2012 and 2016, the U.S. had some close calls against a few teams. I think the gap has closed quite a bit.

23 minutes ago, lions said:

let see if  our Friends from other parts of the world would like to play the U.S.A  in N.F.L football

I doubt it!!! They wouldn't have a hope in "HE double hockey sticks". To most of the world, football is soccer. We do have NFL type pro football in Canada (CFL - Canadian Football League). 

8 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Not necessarily. Even in 2012 and 2016, the U.S. had some close calls against a few teams. I think the gap has closed quite a bit.

Didn't know that. This is the first time I have watched the FIBA basketball WC. Makes sense though, basketball is becoming popular worldwide. 

4 hours ago, GameOn said:

I have to say to are 100 percent right on that one  good job