Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Tip Off Luncheon is Being Shelved

As many of you know, I have been sponsoring a table at the Tip Off Luncheon for the last several years. This week I heard a rumor that the luncheon is being cancelled and the team is looking into alternative ways to support St Jude so if you are waiting for me to sponsor a table it looks like it won't happen. 

Sorry. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

As many of you know, I have been sponsoring a table at the Tip Off Luncheon for the last several years. This week I heard a rumor that the luncheon is being cancelled and the team is looking into alternative ways to support St Jude so if you are waiting for me to sponsor a table it looks like it won't happen. 

Sorry. 

Me and you can have our own at Corkys', what do you say?

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Is Corky’s better than Central ?

3 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I wouldn't even say it's better than Tops.

3 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I thought the BBQ we got from Corkys was excellent but I have heard that it might not be as good now as it was then. I've never been to Central, where is it at?

16 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I thought the BBQ we got from Corkys was excellent but I have heard that it might not be as good now as it was then. I've never been to Central, where is it at?

actually on Central ... heading towards the Liberty Bowl...

and there is another one (newer) out by the expressway past Yates and Poplar.

Thursdays all summer they have a food truck lunch party downtown with 10 -15 different restaurants representing... 

Got a Central pulled pork sandwhich cole slaw and homade potato chips ... ran $7 ... $8.50 with a drink.

Im hooked ... think i may have a problem... I believe I can quit at anytime YET here I go again !🤣

46 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

actually on Central ... heading towards the Liberty Bowl...

and there is another one (newer) out by the expressway past Yates and Poplar.

Thursdays all summer they have a food truck lunch party downtown with 10 -15 different restaurants representing... 

Got a Central pulled pork sandwhich cole slaw and homade potato chips ... ran $7 ... $8.50 with a drink.

Im hooked ... think i may have a problem... I believe I can quit at anytime YET here I go again !🤣

Isn't there a BBQ place on Summer with a Lowe's behind it? No beans?

11 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I’m open to having a group luncheon on Monday before the season starts.

31 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

When does the season start?

October 23rd in Chicago

14 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I’m open to having a group luncheon on Monday before the season starts.

Maybe it can be a virtual luncheon, and everyone can go to their favorite BBQ place in Memphis, and logon to this board and complain about other BBQ spots, Chris Wallace, andGrizzlies players, and who they would trade away for a future draft pick.

29 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Maybe it can be a virtual luncheon, and everyone can go to their favorite BBQ place in Memphis, and logon to this board and complain about other BBQ spots, Chris Wallace, andGrizzlies players, and who they would trade away for a future draft pick.

How about who they would trade away for a good BBQ plate? I would rather meet with some of the guys. Chip and I pretty much agreed on everything or at least that was the way I remembered it. 

How about Saturday, October 19 at 12:30 pm?  

We could meet at Ernestine and Hazel’s. That shouldn’t be too expensive for anyone. 

More we could meet at Central BBQ if people want that instead.

Is everyone on board for a lunch at Central BBQ on Central (2249 Central Ave) on Sunday, October 19th at 12:30?

There is no reserved seating so if the weather is nice we should try and meet on the patio to make it easier to talk there. The inside can get pretty loud.