Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Tip Off Luncheon is Being Shelved

The more I have thought about it the better the Ping Pong Tip Off Party sounds. Fans will have a lot more access to the players this way. Everyone should try and attend if possible. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The more I have thought about it the better the Ping Pong Tip Off Party sounds. Fans will have a lot more access to the players this way. Everyone should try and attend if possible. 

Yeah, the Ping Pong Tip Off Party sounds really fun.

Although I think a few Grizz board meet-ups during the year would be fun.

Hey I know the subject has progressed, but is the Barbecue Shop on Madison’s pulled pork sandwich still as good as it used to be? Haven’t been to Memphis in about 13 years. 

Might have to order some Pancho’s cheese dip now that I’m thinking about Memphis victuals 

There is no proof that some of the message board posters are preparing for the new tip off luncheon but there is this...

Image result for funny ping pong gif

I am so upset I am going to be out of town for the Backboards and Backspin Party on October 11th. What a great opportunity to have fun and meet the players in an informal atmosphere. 

On 9/25/2019 at 1:32 AM, Subliminal said:

Hey I know the subject has progressed, but is the Barbecue Shop on Madison’s pulled pork sandwich still as good as it used to be? Haven’t been to Memphis in about 13 years. 

On Madison ... where ? 

20 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

On Madison ... where ? 

A little west of Madison and McLean. If you remember where Neil’s was (since burned down and new apartments going up), then think across the street. I haven’t eaten there in a while, but they’ve always been my fave. 

On 9/25/2019 at 1:33 AM, Subliminal said:

Might have to order some Pancho’s cheese dip now that I’m thinking about Memphis victuals 

Oh heck, yeah!

whats really good is making BBQ nachos with panchos cheese dip...just sayin’

That’s about as Memphis as one can get.

1 hour ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

Oh heck, yeah!

whats really good is making BBQ nachos with ponchos cheese dip...just sayin’

That’s about as Memphis as one can get.

Just got a Ja and JJ jersey so gonna have to wait a week or so to get my money back up so I can order the ponchos. It’s like $80+ minimum order but 🤤

On 10/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, El Guapo said:

A little west of Madison and McLean. If you remember where Neil’s was (since burned down and new apartments going up), then think across the street. I haven’t eaten there in a while, but they’ve always been my fave. 

Yes it’s still there and yes it’s as good as it ever was.

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES ANNUAL ST. JUDE FUNDRAISER, ‘BACKSPIN & BACKBOARDS,’ RESCHEDULED TO THURSDAY, JANUARY 9

Memphis, Tenn. – The Memphis Grizzlies ping-pong event, ‘Backspin & Backboards,’ presented in association with Mercury Printing and benefitting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has been rescheduled to Thursday, January 9, 2020.

“With many current projects still underway at FedExForum, we felt it in our best interest to reschedule our annual fundraiser benefitting St. Jude,” said Jason Wexler, Grizzlies Team President. “We want to focus on putting the final touches on FedExForum, not only to give our fans the best Opening Night experience on October 25, but also to ensure we can host a complete and successful fundraiser come January.”

All registrants and entries into the tournament will be honored on January 9. For those who cannot attend the new event date, refunds are available at point of purchase or by calling the event hotline at (901) 205-1408.