Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

2016 Draft Diamonds&Busts

I am not an Ingram fan. I recognize he is good and could get better. I just value spacing. I don't think he brings much of it. I think the comparison to Derozan is accurate. He can be an all star level player, but he can be schemed in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I agree that occasionally a team will save one of its better players to come off the bench. But to me that is rare. Again the last year ZBo was here changed my mind a lot of what even average players can do against bench guys. Because ZBo was not very good at that point and couldn't be stopped by bench guys.

I don't think I can agree with this.  Defensively yes, he wasn't very good, but he spent a lot of his time playing against starters that season and they couldn't stop him either.  If he wasn't very good how was he putting up double-doubles against SAS in the playoffs.  I don't think it was merely against bench help either since he got significantly more minutes than JaMychal Green.

On 9/17/2019 at 4:00 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I don't think I can agree with this.  Defensively yes, he wasn't very good, but he spent a lot of his time playing against starters that season and they couldn't stop him either.  If he wasn't very good how was he putting up double-doubles against SAS in the playoffs.  I don't think it was merely against bench help either since he got significantly more minutes than JaMychal Green.

I don't think that's what he actually meant. 

2 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

He was saying that Zach wasn't considered good but no one could actually hold him.  I think y'all were saying the same thing persay

I don't think that's what he was saying.  This conversation was about how he felt that Sabonis' numbers were inflated because he played against backups, and then used Zach as a like comparison.  I disagree with that notion.  I don't think NBA teams always start their best five players.  Teams that are pretty deep will frequently have a starter level guy come off the bench.  I think Sabonis is one of those, and I think that Zbo was too, though Zbo's defense was not that good.  Zbo did play starter level minutes, especially when it counted.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't think that's what he was saying.  This conversation was about how he felt that Sabonis' numbers were inflated because he played against backups, and then used Zach as a like comparison.  I disagree with that notion.  I don't think NBA teams always start their best five players.  Teams that are pretty deep will frequently have a starter level guy come off the bench.  I think Sabonis is one of those, and I think that Zbo was too, though Zbo's defense was not that good.  Zbo did play starter level minutes, especially when it counted.

He stated that zbo played against second unit and starters and no one could slow him down. 

6 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

He stated that zbo played against second unit and starters and no one could slow him down. 

Yes, but his reasoning was that it was only because he played against subs.  I say he played a lot of minutes against starters too.  In the playoffs against SAS that year he had games where he played as many as 38 minutes, I believe.  He played about half the game that season, 24.5 mpg.

6 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

This is what he said.

"It reminded me of ZBo's last year with the Grizz where they made him look like a better player than he was by running him out there against subs."

and

" Because ZBo was not very good at that point and couldn't be stopped by bench guys."

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

This is what he said.

"It reminded me of ZBo's last year with the Grizz where they made him look like a better player than he was by running him out there against subs."

and

" Because ZBo was not very good at that point and couldn't be stopped by bench guys."

I think I read what you said instead of what he said and got you guys twisted.  I apologize about that bro