Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

Fan favorite of all time

Yeah, JV was bleeped last season. Raptors were getting ready for a serious play-off push (we all know how it ended). Even myself, on RealGm, changed my signature after Casey was kicked out from the team and instead DD Raptors got certain Kawhi dude. so, from "Fire Casey - end the madness" to "Raptors - 2019 NBA champions". I did it during the summer of 2018. At the last moment, getting himself ready to play first game after the thumb injury - JV was exchanged for Marc. Good for Marc - he has NBA Champion's ring, bad for JV. Now JV will try to get that ring with Grizzlies. I guess Grizzlies fans have no complains about that, do you :) ?

I think during the next season Grizzlies fans will start to appreciate JV the same way as majority of Raptors fan did. JV doesn't hold back, do what needs to be done. Oh, and he is one of the best screen setters in the league. The guys who run into JV on the screen feel like they ran into the wall.

JV always stands up for his teammates, and he doesn't let anyone to mess with him or his teammates.

He looks like a grizzly bear a little bit himself and "True Grit" describes his personality pretty well too. I hope, soon Grizzlies team will turn into a true menace in the West Conference. And JV will will do his part.

one problem for ME , the grizzlies never had a super star player .a super star player most of the time will win a title  fans  fall in LOVE with a player who WINS titles 

17 minutes ago, lions said:

one problem for ME , the grizzlies never had a super star player .a super star player most of the time will win a title  fans  fall in LOVE with a player who WINS titles 

Last time pistons won championship they had 0 "Superstarzzz". Lakers had 4. Team wins championships. Sure, having some elite players helps, but if a team has plenty of the second echelon of NBA elite players - I'm not the one to complain. Winning a championship requires among many other things some luck. Though Bulls didn't need any luck from Steve Kerr when MJ passed him the ball to make the last basket of the game.

Most common recipe to win it all - 7-8 very good players, very good coach, no injuries, lot's of guts and confidence. If already pretty decent Grizzlies team will add for the next season current MVP Giannis and finals MVP Kawhi  - are they the sure lock to win it all? Maybe yes, maybe not.

Wilt Chamberlain was the most dominant player of his era, but he was always stopped by the Celtics. Did the people loved him less cause he was not winning rings against the Celts? I don't think so.

6 hours ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

Last time pistons won championship they had 0 "Superstarzzz". Lakers had 4. Team wins championships. Sure, having some elite players helps, but if a team has plenty of the second echelon of NBA elite players - I'm not the one to complain. Winning a championship requires among many other things some luck. Though Bulls didn't need any luck from Steve Kerr when MJ passed him the ball to make the last basket of the game.

Most common recipe to win it all - 7-8 very good players, very good coach, no injuries, lot's of guts and confidence. If already pretty decent Grizzlies team will add for the next season current MVP Giannis and finals MVP Kawhi  - are they the sure lock to win it all? Maybe yes, maybe not.

Wilt Chamberlain was the most dominant player of his era, but he was always stopped by the Celtics. Did the people loved him less cause he was not winning rings against the Celts? I don't think so.

grizzlies have not been in the finals yet 

19 minutes ago, lions said:

grizzlies have not been in the finals yet 

It's very simple: small steps moving forward and don't stop. Raptors never been to the Finals too until last season. And guess what? Mighty Warriors had no chance. Sure, Durant's, Cousins' injuries played a major factor, but that's how sport is. It actually seconds my statement that having super duper megastarzzz is nice and rosy, but if they go down - good luck. If the team is balanced and has a right concept  for  that time period - it has plenty of chances to succeed.

JV was #5 pick (despite still under the contract for one more year in Europe), Jaren - last year's #4, Ja this year's #2. 3 starters selected in Top-5. That's nothing but just talent and quality. Let's play together, have fun and when the situation requires - bust the balls to move forward.

I have a little feeling that this season Grizzlies will be good. Protect the home court, fight on the road. The Ws will come.

It's better be young, healthy and skilled rather than seasoned veterans with 15+ seasons in the NBA. I'll rather have "DNP - scored too much points in yesterday's 3OT W" opposing to "DNP - too old". ;)

Cheer up, upcoming season will be fun.

just win Grizzlies..just win....the winning culture from day 1 in camp...versus were in a total rebuild and it takes time...before you know it we will face expiring contracts with our young talent and not much to show...

Tony Allen and Zbo all day long. James posey and j will runners up for me. 

48 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Tony Allen and Zbo all day long. James posey and j will runners up for me. 

agreed on all 4 

ta - first team all defense

zbo - first name 20 last name 10

posey - skittles and defense

j dub - you aint writing nothing homeboy

and throw in Hubie 10 man rotations Brown and Lionel champagne taste on a beer budget Hollins  as coaches

10 hours ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

It's very simple: small steps moving forward and don't stop. Raptors never been to the Finals too until last season. And guess what? Mighty Warriors had no chance. Sure, Durant's, Cousins' injuries played a major factor, but that's how sport is. It actually seconds my statement that having super duper megastarzzz is nice and rosy, but if they go down - good luck. If the team is balanced and has a right concept  for  that time period - it has plenty of chances to succeed.

JV was #5 pick (despite still under the contract for one more year in Europe), Jaren - last year's #4, Ja this year's #2. 3 starters selected in Top-5. That's nothing but just talent and quality. Let's play together, have fun and when the situation requires - bust the balls to move forward.

I have a little feeling that this season Grizzlies will be good. Protect the home court, fight on the road. The Ws will come.

It's better be young, healthy and skilled rather than seasoned veterans with 15+ seasons in the NBA. I'll rather have "DNP - scored too much points in yesterday's 3OT W" opposing to "DNP - too old". ;)

Cheer up, upcoming season will be fun.

i,m make plain /simple , there NOT many basketball FANS  outside of MEMPHIS  buying Memphis grizzlies jersey , win some title bandwagon fans will buy them 

27 minutes ago, lions said:

i,m make plain /simple , there NOT many basketball FANS  outside of MEMPHIS  buying Memphis grizzlies jersey , win some title bandwagon fans will buy them 

happy 2,400 posts 

;)

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

happy 2,400 posts 

;)

santa lives

On 8/23/2019 at 5:51 AM, I❤️JV said:

So...Raptors had fan favorite of all time competition and surprise surprise winner was Jonas.

https://raptorsrapture.com/2019/08/07/toronto-raptors-fan-favourite-jonas-valanciunas/

Who is fan favorite of all time in Memphis? Mike or Z-Bo?

I'm surprised that no one picked Mike. All time leading Grizzlies scorer, great team mate and big in the community. Hope everyone had a great summer. Still trying to remember who it was that was going to propose to his girlfriend in Quebec City, and how that turned out. Can't wait to see JV in FIBA WC, on September 3, Lithuania vs Canada.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:11 AM, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

Yeah, JV was bleeped last season. Raptors were getting ready for a serious play-off push (we all know how it ended). Even myself, on RealGm, changed my signature after Casey was kicked out from the team and instead DD Raptors got certain Kawhi dude. so, from "Fire Casey - end the madness" to "Raptors - 2019 NBA champions". I did it during the summer of 2018. At the last moment, getting himself ready to play first game after the thumb injury - JV was exchanged for Marc. Good for Marc - he has NBA Champion's ring, bad for JV. Now JV will try to get that ring with Grizzlies. I guess Grizzlies fans have no complains about that, do you :) ?

I think during the next season Grizzlies fans will start to appreciate JV the same way as majority of Raptors fan did. JV doesn't hold back, do what needs to be done. Oh, and he is one of the best screen setters in the league. The guys who run into JV on the screen feel like they ran into the wall.

JV always stands up for his teammates, and he doesn't let anyone to mess with him or his teammates.

He looks like a grizzly bear a little bit himself and "True Grit" describes his personality pretty well too. I hope, soon Grizzlies team will turn into a true menace in the West Conference. And JV will will do his part.

Are you still posting on the RealGM Raptors forum? I posted there under the handle "GoodOne". When Masai Ujiri traded JV on the very day he was supposed to return to action, my heart was broken. I don't post at RealGM anymore. I am now a Grizzlies fan and doubt I will even watch any Raptors games next season. 

I said in my very first post on this board, that the Grizzlies faithful will absolutely LOVE JV!

21 hours ago, GameOn said:

Are you still posting on the RealGM Raptors forum? I posted there under the handle "GoodOne". When Masai Ujiri traded JV on the very day he was supposed to return to action, my heart was broken. I don't post at RealGM anymore. I am now a Grizzlies fan and doubt I will even watch any Raptors games next season. 

I said in my very first post on this board, that the Grizzlies faithful will absolutely LOVE JV!

I became less and less active on RealGM Raptors board. Too many kids, too many blind crazies with their own agenda. I still check GB, but basically that's it. There are plenty of over places on the net were you can have productive and interesting, meaningful talk about the game. People agree to disagree and time always will tell who was right or wrong. Maybe both were right or maybe both were wrong. Any situation in sports can change in split second. Tweak here, tweak there, some simple roster change, some good luck, some bad luck.

I never had a Raptors as 'My favorite NBA team'. Yes, I wanted them succeed. I wanted JV to do well in the NBA (guy has tools and skills). I have friends and family living in Toronto (myself never visited, someday in future I will). I live in Chicago - beautiful city on the lake. Toronto is in the same situation, just different lake and different country ;) BUT I had an allergy to Casey's coaching and DD's play. What they were doing in Toronto was counter-productive to the team. They just cared about heir own arses and $$$$$$. After they left Toronto and Kawhi came to town - I'll repeat myself, I saw Raptors winning it all. No LBJ in the East, and if Raptors reached NBA Finals (which they did), any opponent from the West would be trouble. Cause they would had gone through some nasty battles to win the West. And even the best teams in the West had some roster problems. A good wing is missing, bench is weak, Russ and his circus in OKC,  GSW had too much mileage, injuries started happening. Nurkic went down for the Blazers. I liked Nuggets, but their inexperience showed up then mattered. 

BTW, it's an old story, but still... JV had a wedding in LTU. Raptors biggest fan attended, Bayno (at that time he was with Toronto), other guys from the organization. Funny thing, at the wedding table was a plate with the reservation tag "Dwayne Casey", but nobody sat there. I don't like conspiracies, but it always felt that he had some problems with JV. I think Casey wanted to have a 100% defensive C (like Tyson Chandler, when they won it all with Dallas) and Casey was desperately trying to cook the same cake. Sorry Casey. Different team - different ingredients. He is just  not a smart or good coach.

Though JV didn't win the ring in Toronto (that he promised during his first interview after being drafted), I'm just happy that that soap opera is over. Let's do something meaningful here, in Memphis.

Mike Conley is my favorite player for sure. Just the class and leadership he provided was top notch. Never had a tech, always laid it all on the line (facemask Conley). 

2 hours ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

I became less and less active on RealGM Raptors board. Too many kids, too many blind crazies with their own agenda. I still check GB, but basically that's it. There are plenty of over places on the net were you can have productive and interesting, meaningful talk about the game. People agree to disagree and time always will tell who was right or wrong. Maybe both were right or maybe both were wrong. Any situation in sports can change in split second. Tweak here, tweak there, some simple roster change, some good luck, some bad luck.

I never had a Raptors as 'My favorite NBA team'. Yes, I wanted them succeed. I wanted JV to do well in the NBA (guy has tools and skills). I have friends and family living in Toronto (myself never visited, someday in future I will). I live in Chicago - beautiful city on the lake. Toronto is in the same situation, just different lake and different country ;) BUT I had an allergy to Casey's coaching and DD's play. What they were doing in Toronto was counter-productive to the team. They just cared about heir own arses and $$$$$$. After they left Toronto and Kawhi came to town - I'll repeat myself, I saw Raptors winning it all. No LBJ in the East, and if Raptors reached NBA Finals (which they did), any opponent from the West would be trouble. Cause they would had gone through some nasty battles to win the West. And even the best teams in the West had some roster problems. A good wing is missing, bench is weak, Russ and his circus in OKC,  GSW had too much mileage, injuries started happening. Nurkic went down for the Blazers. I liked Nuggets, but their inexperience showed up then mattered. 

BTW, it's an old story, but still... JV had a wedding in LTU. Raptors biggest fan attended, Bayno (at that time he was with Toronto), other guys from the organization. Funny thing, at the wedding table was a plate with the reservation tag "Dwayne Casey", but nobody sat there. I don't like conspiracies, but it always felt that he had some problems with JV. I think Casey wanted to have a 100% defensive C (like Tyson Chandler, when they won it all with Dallas) and Casey was desperately trying to cook the same cake. Sorry Casey. Different team - different ingredients. He is just  not a smart or good coach.

Though JV didn't win the ring in Toronto (that he promised during his first interview after being drafted), I'm just happy that that soap opera is over. Let's do something meaningful here, in Memphis.

Correction to my last post - I will be watching 2 Raptors games. March 28, when the Raptors are at Fedex Forum - I'm sure that Marc will get a big standing O. It will be interesting to see the battle of Marc vs JV, if Marc hasn't been traded by the trade deadline. Then March 30, when the the Grizzlies are in Toronto. JV will get a HUGE standing O - GUARANTEED!!!

Agreed that the Raptors RealGM is getting crazy. There's still a lot of JV fans in Toronto and even some dual Raptors/Grizzlies fans. 

I have been to the beautiful city of Chicago, many moons ago. It's a really sports crazy city like Toronto. 

I agree with you that JV didn't get a fair shake in Toronto. Casey's big focus was on DD and Lowry. I was never a big fan of Casey.

Thanks for the JV wedding story, I didn't know that.

18 hours ago, GameOn said:

Thanks for the JV wedding story, I didn't know that.

Yeah, that empty plate and empty seat leaves a pretty bad taste during the wedding party. It describes  relationship between the Head Coach and one of his "guys" better than a thousand words. Something was missing, but that's over. Casey had no problems to fly all over USA or Canada to play golf with the people who's arses he wanted to kiss. I guess, he maybe just was afraid to party with JV, cause we Lithuanians (Ukrainians too ;) ) party hard. Especially during the wedding.

On 8/23/2019 at 4:51 AM, I❤️JV said:

Who is fan favorite of all time in Memphis? Mike or Z-Bo?

Cash Considerations 

On 8/23/2019 at 8:11 AM, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

So much wrong in here.

Pistons had a superstar, his name was Ben Wallace. People just dismiss guys who are primarily defense. Also, Lakers had two starter get hurt right before the finals like the Warriors. Heh.

Celts stopped Wilt but had 4-6 HoFers on their roster. Wasn’t like a bunch of underdogs.

8 hours ago, Southern Dreadz said:

Cash Considerations 

1 hour ago, The Stro Show said:

Samuel Jackson

Both.

Both for the win 

💫🤣💫

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

So much wrong in here.

Pistons had a superstar, his name was Ben Wallace. People just dismiss guys who are primarily defense. Also, Lakers had two starter get hurt right before the finals like the Warriors. Heh.

Celts stopped Wilt but had 4-6 HoFers on their roster. Wasn’t like a bunch of underdogs.

Yeah, I agree with this.  He impacted the game as much as the scoring stars do.  He was also one of the few who could go toe-to-toe with Shaq at that point and affect the game outcome.  I hope he makes it to the Hall.