Gogrizz123

Grizzlies trying to leave rumors

Is it true  that the grizzlies are trying to leave Memphis or that just a rumor?

ty

4 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Is it true  that the grizzlies are trying to leave Memphis or that just a rumor?

Every thing to me will depend on the next 5 years, if the Grizzlies are good and the fans show up, they stay , Suck and the seats are empty. they may become the SEATTLE SUPER SONICE ,with the Memphis Grizzlies becoming the NEW G  TEAM 

Earth, year 2158.

As the spaceships carry the last remaining inhabitants off the barren surface of the planet to a new life in the Outer Colonies, one final message is sent to HyperTwitter:

@grizzfan291840 I told you the Grizzlies were going to leave Memphis!! I TOLD YOU!!!!

I doubt it. Isn't the lease nasty if they try to move? 

16 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I doubt it. Isn't the lease nasty if they try to move? 

I don’t think so because Las Vegas and Seattle has expressed interest in them.

20yrs later....Still singing that song.

...Keep saying it's gonna rain..And when it does...."See I told you" 😂😂

6 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Earth, year 2158.

As the spaceships carry the last remaining inhabitants off the barren surface of the planet to a new life in the Outer Colonies, one final message is sent to HyperTwitter:

@grizzfan291840 I told you the Grizzlies were going to leave Memphis!! I TOLD YOU!!!!

No truer words have been spoken on these sacred boards-ever.

18 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

It's not a rumor. It's a ball faced lie. 

Image result for Rumor or lie gif

What if the NBA folds before the FedEx Forum lease ends?

If DA LEAGUE is gonna bet the farm on a couple of FAT @$$E$ (Luka and Zion) then the ABA Golden Age we have all been waiting for will die an inglorious premature death.

Will Roller Derby and EXTREME bowling stem the losses of Big TeeVee SportsBall?

If fans stop showing up can you stop 'em?

Will LeBron Funk, Jr. save the show?????

Will Big Sports Ball have to downsize -- a G League for the YMCA set and a 5G League for the prime-timers?

So much to think about... so little time.

Stay TOONED for my 2020 NBA Draft Big Board 15.0 aka The Bahamas Edition!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

What if the NBA folds before the FedEx Forum lease ends?

If DA LEAGUE is gonna bet the farm on a couple of FAT @$$E$ (Luka and Zion) then the ABA Golden Age we have all been waiting for will die an inglorious premature death.

Will Roller Derby and EXTREME bowling stem the losses of Big TeeVee SportsBall?

If fans stop showing up can you stop 'em?

Will LeBron Funk, Jr. save the show?????

Will Big Sports Ball have to downsize -- a G League for the YMCA set and a 5G League for the prime-timers?

So much to think about... so little time.

Stay TOONED for my 2020 NBA Draft Big Board 15.0 aka The Bahamas Edition!!!!!!

Image result for stripes bill murray gif

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Image result for stripes bill murray gif

We MIGHT be headed towards a golden age of sports ball -- but I see ZERO super-marketable global mega stars IN THEIR (YOUTHFUL) PRIMES in ANY major sport.

Then when Big Highlights flashes the stands at Camden Yards not even the RATS are showing up.

I like where the Grizz are, I like our position going forward, and I think we have a "loyal" fan base with enough "bandwagon fans" to make us a fairly popular team.

OTHERWISE, yeah, I think BIG TEEVEE SPORTS BALL might run into some trouble soon.  

See also: my post in the '7 Seconds Or Less' thread.

Can't wait to watch our stuff with our guys running our stuff, but I don't care as much about the rest of the league.  

Luka/Zion will both be MUST SEE for me, BUT they have to deliver big time.  

Other than that, it is been there/done that for me.  

Last season I saw Greek Freak baptize Marc Gasol as he was headed out the door, so what's Giannis gonna do for an encore????

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

It's not a rumor. It's a ball faced lie. 

Image result for Rumor or lie gif

According to my dad he said that one of his students said that the owner was trying to leave Memphis because cities like Las Vegas and Seattle want them 

3 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

According to my dad he said that one of his students said that the owner was trying to leave Memphis because cities like Las Vegas and Seattle want them 

Your dad's student isn't a reliable source. First, the city has a contract with the team that is damned near unbreakable. Second, this is what Robert Pera has most recently said on the subject.

12 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

But how much longer are the grizzlies in Memphis

2027 is the earliest the team could realistically leave currently. 

if Memphis CAN some how win a title this team will NEVER leave the city of MEMPHIS

23 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

2027 is the earliest the team could realistically leave currently. 

Will LeBron James still be playing -- so he can try to singlehandedly keep the league afloat?

#SnarkButtonInTheFullUprightPosition

13 minutes ago, lions said:

if Memphis CAN some how win a title this team will NEVER leave the city of MEMPHIS

The Grizzlies may leave Memphis regardless of them winning a title. It's just simple economics. However, they aren't leaving anytime soon. The city has the right to purchase the Grizzlies from the owner for the cost of the franchise (not it's current value) if the team leaves before then. The team is worth far more than Pera has invested capital in the team currently. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

The Grizzlies may leave Memphis regardless of them winning a title. It's just simple economics. However, they aren't leaving anytime soon. The city has the right to purchase the Grizzlies from the owner for the cost of the franchise (not it's current value) if the team leaves before then. The team is worth far more than Pera has invested capital in the team currently. 

C'mon Chip, an owner is never going to admit that he wants to or is relocating his team in any sport ( Heisley telling Vancouver that they weren't leaving...) unless they are ok with losing most of their revenue (Nets leaving N.J., baseball Braves leaving Milwaukee) so the Pera quote from last year means little to nothing. With that said, if it is true that the city can purchase the team for Pera's original purchase price instead of current value, then I have to agree with you, it ain't happening before the contract is up. 

Looks like in 2022 it's going to be the Las Vegas Pelicans!!!! (it's when their lease is up)

EDIT: 2024, not 2022

2 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

C'mon Chip, an owner is never going to admit that he wants to or is relocating his team in any sport ( Heisley telling Vancouver that they weren't leaving...) unless they are ok with losing most of their revenue (Nets leaving N.J., baseball Braves leaving Milwaukee) so the Pera quote from last year means little to nothing. With that said, if it is true that the city can purchase the team for Pera's original purchase price instead of current value, then I have to agree with you, it ain't happening before the contract is up. 

Looks like in 2022 it's going to be the Las Vegas Pelicans!!!! (it's when their lease is up)

If the grizzlies left do you think a NBA team would come here?

3 minutes ago, Gogrizz123 said:

If the grizzlies left do you think a NBA team would come here?

Don't worry about it. Enjoy what you have while you have it. Right now there is a NBA team in Memphis. That is a blessing. Go to games, be a part of it. I promise you, you won't regret it.

4 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Don't worry about it. Enjoy what you have while you have it. Right now there is a NBA team in Memphis. That is a blessing. Go to games, be a part of it. I promise you, you won't regret it.

I enjoyed my  9 straight years  flying tp Memphis to watch the grizzlies and go to GRACELAND and marlows restaurant 

heartbreak hotel was nice but a little over rated for its price 

marlows by  far  is the BEST restaurant in Memphis