KyleB

7 seconds or less

In theory, our big 3 of the future reminds me a lot of the early to mid 2000's Suns.

Quick, pass first pg who can score when needed and undersized but hyper athletic center and power forward.

Ja, JJJ, and Clarke will be deadly in transition when they are all 3 on the floor together.

The Suns were ahead of their time.

If we can get close to what they were on offense, but with better defense, we will be a very fun team to watch.

I cant wait to see all 3 on the floor this season. I want Clarke to just play lights out with JJJ and Ja. 

23 hours ago, KyleB said:

In theory, our big 3 of the future reminds me a lot of the early to mid 2000's Suns.

Quick, pass first pg who can score when needed and undersized but hyper athletic center and power forward.

Ja, JJJ, and Clarke will be deadly in transition when they are all 3 on the floor together.

The Suns were ahead of their time.

If we can get close to what they were on offense, but with better defense, we will be a very fun team to watch.

I still think Jonas is one of our top options, and I think basketball has moved too far in the 7Sec/Less direction.  I think we are headed to a bit more balance -- with some post scoring, a bit less 3 point shooting, and then also more defense (maybe even some full court press stuff).

But, that DOES look like our future "trio".  Super Max 1, Super Max 1a, and our third wheel in Brandon Clarke.

From now on, we build around those 3.  We should be firing on all cylinders once we convey the pick (either this year or next).  For my money, I think I would try to target players/draft picks who fit BEST with this trio and not necessarily just going after the guy who is up next on Jay Bilas' big board.  

So, I guess what we would really need is guard/wing scoring.  

My gut instincts tell me that IF we keep the pick this year then we might want to trade DOWN, so we can get the/a guy we want, save some cash, AND get a pick next year.

Why do I (usually) always forget about Bruno?

He and Jonas, Jaren, and Clarke comprise the Front Court Four Horsemen with Ja Morant being the RING LEADER.

20 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I cant wait to see all 3 on the floor this season. I want Clarke to just play lights out with JJJ and Ja. 

Right here with you .

I’m hoping we get to see all 3 together before the season starts ... 

open gym

park

the y / rec center 

Even somebody’s backyard hoop 

ready to get it going

2 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Right here with you .

open gym

park

the y / rec center 

ready to get it going

Would you run Ja-Clarke pick and rolls with Jaren on the strong side?

Ja-Jaren pick and pops with Clarke on the baseline?

Hopefully we run a bunch of different options this year too.

Hopefully our "shooters" (we DO have shooters, right? Right?) keep the defenses honest, so our young guns (and big guns) can go to work.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Right here with you .

open gym

park

the y / rec center 

ready to get it going

Me too. I think Clarke is going to be a really good RP. 

I had a random dream that Morant had 30pts and 16asts in his first career game and was the talk of the sports world 

1 hour ago, Allen said:

I had a random dream that Morant had 30pts and 16asts in his first career game and was the talk of the sports world 

Did he get on ESPN SC highlights?

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Did he get on ESPN SC highlights?

No. They only showed clips of the Grizzlies getting dunked on

6 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

No. They only showed clips of the Grizzlies getting dunked on

Oh then it was a realistic dream.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:50 PM, CarloJ63 said:

Oh then it was a realistic dream.

JJJ and Clarke gonna put an end to that

On 8/24/2019 at 8:05 PM, Allen said:

this reminds me of MCW's first game in the NBA: 22 points, 12 assists, 7 rebounds, and 9 steals. I remember thinking he was going to be a star. Peaked the first game of his career lol

On 8/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, grizzgolf said:

Me too. I think Clarke is going to be a really good RP. 

Clarke seriously upped his creds when he became Summer League MVP. Can't wait to see him play with the big boys.

BTW grizzgolf, weren't you the guy that was going to ask your girlfriend to marry you while you were in Quebec City this summer? If so, how did that work out?

19 hours ago, GameOn said:

Clarke seriously upped his creds when he became Summer League MVP. Can't wait to see him play with the big boys.

BTW grizzgolf, weren't you the guy that was going to ask your girlfriend to marry you while you were in Quebec City this summer? If so, how did that work out?

Image result for well we're waiting gif