ItIsWhatItIs

Bests in Grizzlies History

In honor of Grizzlies day on nbatv and the dead boards, let's talk about the "best" bests in Grizzlies History.

Player: Z-Bo

In his prime he was a legitimate top 15 player.

Game: 2011 Game 4 vs OKC, 2nd round

Even though Memphis lost, this was an all time classic game. 

Play: Gasol gamewinner 2017 game 4 vs Spurs, 1st round

Legitimately difficult shot to cap off an amazing game.

Performance: Z-Bo 2011 game 6 vs Spurs, 1st round

Back when feeding 50 was a legitimately great play. Closing out the #1 seed with 31 points (17 in the 4th) and 11 rebounds. Don't think there's ever been a bigger performance against elite competition for a Grizzlies player.

2011 game 6 definitely the best for me. Icing on the cake was hearing the whole place chanting ZBo all the way to the parking lot.

big jake

big jake     jake tsakalidis was traded for Brevin Knight , he was a first round daft pick AVE 4.8 3.9 REBS  

one of the BIGGEST  mistakes JERRY  WEST MADE , every time I was watching the Grizzlies back then I wanted to THROW SOMETIME  thur the T.V after watching big jake  THE WASTE  tsakalidis 

4 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

In honor of Grizzlies day on nbatv and the dead boards, let's talk about the "best" bests in Grizzlies History.

Back when feeding 50 was a legitimately great play. Closing out the #1 seed with 31 points (17 in the 4th) and 11 rebounds. Don't think there's ever been a bigger performance against elite competition for a Grizzlies player.

man that game 4 against the thunder was so crazy. Def the best game ever. 

I like to think that If we had won that game 4 against the Thunder, the Grizzlies might have been in the finals instead of Dallas.  We beat the Mavs 3 out of 4 during the regular season, one win being that hugely great hi-arcing clutch shot by a closely covered Zbo in the final moments.

@ItIsWhatItIs, you've selected some pretty great moments.  I can't really argue with them.  Maybe if I wrack my brain I might think of something to equal, but I don't think I could better any of them.  Good list.

2 hours ago, nwagrizzfan said:

Conley with the mask coming back to lead us to victory in Oakland vs Golden State....then we came back home and throttled them in Game 3

Yeah, that one.  The grit 'n' grind game was a good one too.

I've been watching some vids and this was a fun game against GSW from a couple years ago in the enemy's house.  Not playoffs, but a great game.  Grit 'n' grind clicking.

that was a GREAT win vs the spurs 99-91 from 2010-2016 the grizzlies  were so close to having a GREAT  team .

I believe the grizzlies gave up on VASQUEZ way to early 

James Ennis, Andrew Harrison, washed Vince Carter and Wayne Selden playing important playoff minutes.

Absolute doodoo. 

17 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I can't argue with these choices...great memories all of them.

A couple of my best memories besides these:

Dec. 2001 we beat the Lakers at the Pyramid 114-108.  It was the inaugural season for the Grizzlies in Memphis and the Lakers were the eventual world champs that year.  It was also nice to shut up all the bandwagon Laker fans.

April 2004 our first ever playoff game against the San Antonio Spurs.  Even though we lost 95-93, I remember the excitement of the whole affair.  Hubie Brown had just been named coach of the year, and the Pyramid was rocking.  It was also my first playoff game attended in person.  The atmosphere at a playoff game is pretty incredible.

April 2011 our first playoff win.  I was no longer in Memphis but getting that giant monkey off our back was awesome.

May 2011 clinching the series against the Spurs.  I remember watching in amazement how Zbo took over the game; he couldn't miss.  And when Mike Conley was dribbling the ball up court in the last minute, even watching on TV there was a moment where you could hear the joy and excitement of the crowd reach a crescendo; almost as if they had just realized what our Grizzlies had done.

8 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

James Ennis, Andrew Harrison, washed Vince Carter and Wayne Selden playing important playoff minutes.

Absolute doodoo. 

Ennis?  We were gifted a super-star when we got Ennis from Miami.  That was a thread title.  It must be true.

18 hours ago, El Guapo said:

2011 game 6 definitely the best for me. Icing on the cake was hearing the whole place chanting ZBo all the way to the parking lot.

Legitimately the most fun i have ever had at a live sporting event.   Beale Street was lit afterwards! 

20 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Same here man, my favorite sports memory that I personally wasn't playing :D

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Ennis?  We were gifted a super-star when we got Ennis from Miami.  That was a thread title.  It must be true.

Image result for lol gif

22 hours ago, lions said:

big jake     jake tsakalidis was traded for Brevin Knight , he was a first round daft pick AVE 4.8 3.9 REBS  

I miss him

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I miss him

I don,t 

Most fun meaningless regular season game featuring Tony and none of the regular characters.

During Dave's last year with the team limping backwards into the playoffs, Tony Allen, JaM, Lance Stephenson, Vince Carter, Mario Chalmers and 3 other guys* go into Cleveland and took down the future NBA champ Cleveland Cavaliers. It was the last hurrah of a team that you knew, even if they made the playoffs, was doomed to a quick and ugly exit, which happened as everyone that year seemed to get injured.  But for 1 night, it was all heart.

Cc_sUw5WwAE9U8_.jpg

*Hollins, Martin, and PJ Hairston

Edited to add: After playing over 40 minutes that night, Chalmers would blow achilles in the next game vs Boston.