Grizz&Grind

Bruno vs. Greek Freak

There is a parallel there, but it's extremely loose.  It's like comparing a Lamborghini with the chassis of a Lamborghini.  I mean I love me some Bruno, but the kid is dreaming.

13 hours ago, Dwash said:

lol

10 hours ago, lions said:

is this a joke

10 hours ago, tjazz22 said:

Lol....Boy Stop

10 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

There is a parallel there, but it's extremely loose.  It's like comparing a Lamborghini with the chassis of a Lamborghini.  I mean I love me some Bruno, but the kid is dreaming.

9 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Yes.

7 hours ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

Calm down turbo.

7 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

ya'll play too much...

and why is it dumb to ask one of the best defenders on the team that actually may even have a chance of slowing down the freak to guard him..yall be bs sometims..ijs.

This will be something 

8 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

and why is it dumb to ask one of the best defenders on the team that actually may even have a chance of slowing down the freak to guard him..yall be bs sometims..ijs.

Bruno is good.

He can be an all-around defensive pest and is solid on the boards.

And, the guy just doesn't lose.  

The kid needs some moves on offense, obviously a Euro step would be awesome, but he is pretty much just a finisher around the basket and a lob threat.  Still a streaky 3 point shooter, but his shot looked a bit better in Summer League.

If we can play the trio of Jaren, Clarke, and Bruno all at the same time, we are gonna have a bright future.

To me, Bruno is a "3" on defense but a "4" on offense, or a "stretch 4" if his 3 point shot is legit.  Jaren is a "4" or even a "small ball 5" on defense, but a legit "stretch 4" on defense, so he has an offensive package closer to a small forward than a rim-runner.  He can be a Kevin Durant type when he wants to be.  So, if we go ULTRA BIG with Jonas at the 5, Bruno and Jaren would just switch places on offense and defense.  And Bruno looks to be as good or better as a shot blocker (or shot blocking threat) than Jaren since he is even LONGER.

5 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Bruno is good.

He can be an all-around defensive pest and is solid on the boards.

And, the guy just doesn't lose.  

The kid needs some moves on offense, obviously a Euro step would be awesome, but he is pretty much just a finisher around the basket and a lob threat.  Still a streaky 3 point shooter, but his shot looked a bit better in Summer League.

If we can play the trio of Jaren, Clarke, and Bruno all at the same time, we are gonna have a bright future.

To me, Bruno is a "3" on defense but a "4" on offense, or a "stretch 4" if his 3 point shot is legit.  Jaren is a "4" or even a "small ball 5" on defense, but a legit "stretch 4" on defense, so he has an offensive package closer to a small forward than a rim-runner.  He can be a Kevin Durant type when he wants to be.  So, if we go ULTRA BIG with Jonas at the 5, Bruno and Jaren would just switch places on offense and defense.  And Bruno looks to be as good or better as a shot blocker (or shot blocking threat) than Jaren since he is even LONGER.

i  have been say it for the longest and still want ja/slomo/bruno/3js/jv to be our starting 5 to atleast see if it works if it does thats a scary defensive lineup with the ability to score also.

I think Brazil and Greece play tomorrow. Bruno had played pretty well from what I could find (which isn't much) in their warm up games. We'll finally get to see what bruno has vs Giannis.

Bruno is way better than what he was last year

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

wtf. Bruno is entering his 6th season still playing Summer League. He is slaw.

Lol

What happen in the match up?

Seems like an appropriate time to bump this thread. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Seems like an appropriate time to bump this thread. 

It is. I doubt Giannis went full go, but bruno held his own. 

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

It is. I doubt Giannis went full go, but bruno held his own. 

Giannis was held back through team defense (bear in mind that with FIBA rules there is no illegal defense and it's easier to lock the paint), but Bruno more than held his own when called.

Bruno made a lot of you look really bad.  He was rock solid against "the Greek Freak".

Regardless of whether or not he makes the final roster (I don't buy the Bobby Marks tweet that he's the odd man out on the roster), he's proven that he's an NBA player.

23 minutes ago, The_PROOF said:

Bruno made a lot of you look really bad.  He was rock solid against "the Greek Freak".

Regardless of whether or not he makes the final roster (I don't buy the Bobby Marks tweet that he's the odd man out on the roster), he's proven that he's an NBA player.

For some reason Bobby marks seems to believe we'd rather keep the guaranteed salary of Hill (genuinely one of the worst players in the NBA), rather than keep an younger player with way more upside. We'll just say that's a little stupid to say the least.