Grizzled Vet

What games/teams do you most want to see at FEF? Also, the preseason schedule

For the regular season, I'm curious what teams you would pick first as far as wanting to see play in the FEF. In other words, if you shared season tickets with a few other people, and you had to draft the teams to watch, which games would you pick first.

(For sake of argument, night of week/holiday is not an issue AND assume that the WC teams only visit here once). 

Also, I don't think the team has released the info, but from scouring some other teams schedules and from other places, here is what I see:

10/6 Maccabi Haifa

10/8 NZ Breakers (RJ Hamptons New Zealand team) @ FEF

10/14 Hornets @ FEF

10/16 @ OKC Thunder

10/18 @ SA Spurs

Also, Mike Conley's Utah Jazz will play in Memphis on Nov. 15, per The Athletic.  He should still be healthy, I guess.

1 bored guys rankings (somewhat broken up into 3 tiers):

Lakers

Jazz (For Conley's return)

Bucks

Warriors

Clippers

Rockets (Would be higher if it wasn't so painful to watch Harden shoot free throws)

Sixers

Pelicans

Raptors

Nuggets

Portland

Celtics

Nets

Mavs

T’Wolves

Spurs

Thunder

Hawks

Kings

Pacers

Pistons

Suns

Magic

Wizards

Heat

Knicks (Would be lower but for the opportunity to politely and respectfully boo Fizdale)

Bulls

Cavs

Hornets

I saw Greek Freak last year.  He dunked on our heads.  That might have actually been PEAK Greak Freak (at least in terms of raw athleticism, power, and explosiveness).  I could go for watching him again, but no big loss if I don't.

Didn't catch Luka last year.  Really want to see him.  So, that is on my bucket list this year (I have access to tickets, but figuring out how to split them all up is gonna be tough).  

Another biggie: Zion Williamson.  I like his game and think he will be good (or at least fun/interesting to watch), but I am not even as bullish as lots of people -- still, I am gonna put that down as a must-see game for me (I also like Lonzo Ball and Jaxson Hayes looks like a human highlight reel).

Next: Knicks with RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson, Trae Young and the Hawks if only because Ja-Trae should be an awesome matchup, and maybe the Raptors for Marc's homecoming.  

Lakers? I could take it or leave it.

The Rockets should be interesting.  I haven't gone to a Grizzlies/Rockets game in awhile (ever?).

I wouldn't mind going to opening night though.  Should be real high energy.  

On the other hand, most of the other teams should be fun to watch or at least somewhat watchable.  I can't think of any unwatchable teams next year.

Charlotte Hornets have entered the chat.

oct 23 open up vs the heat at Miami 

8 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Charlotte Hornets have entered the chat.

I'm really hoping Scary Terry shocks the world. Isn't likely, but I'm rooting for him. 

17 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

I'm really hoping Scary Terry shocks the world. Isn't likely, but I'm rooting for him. 

Charlotte might be the only "meh" team out there that I can't get up for -- most of the other bad (or mediocre teams) have at least a fun player or some interesting young guys.  Although Miles Bridges is pretty good and can throw down some nice highlights.  

First time Season Ticket holder here. I think the only games I plan on missing for sure are the Magic, Pistons, Hornets, and Thunder. Every other team has some type of player I'm interested in seeing this year.

Pelicans, Mavs, Kings, and Hawks are my some of the more interesting ones I'm ready to see because of the age comparison with our squad.  

On 8/4/2019 at 3:27 PM, ALT GRIND said:

Charlotte might be the only "meh" team out there that I can't get up for -- most of the other bad (or mediocre teams) have at least a fun player or some interesting young guys.  Although Miles Bridges is pretty good and can throw down some nice highlights.  

1 hour ago, grizzdafuture said:

First time Season Ticket holder here. I think the only games I plan on missing for sure are the Magic, Pistons, Hornets, and Thunder. Every other team has some type of player I'm interested in seeing this year.

Pelicans, Mavs, Kings, and Hawks are my some of the more interesting ones I'm ready to see because of the age comparison with our squad.  

As basketball (and Grizzlies) fans, you can find reasons to watch, however that Eastern Conference has a whole lot of meh teams, and maybe that is my WC bias and history showing but easily one-third to one-half of the East teams are games that don't interest me (from opponent perspective).

I would rather watch the Kings instead of the majority of EC teams.

12 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

As basketball (and Grizzlies) fans, you can find reasons to watch, however that Eastern Conference has a whole lot of meh teams, and maybe that is my WC bias and history showing but easily one-third to one-half of the East teams are games that don't interest me (from opponent perspective).

I would rather watch the Kings instead of the majority of EC teams.

Yeah, I can't think of an "unwatchable" West team but the East teams are pretty bland.  Bucks, Hawks, Knicks are 3 East teams I wanna watch.  Oh, and the Celtics.  Raps with Marc would be fun but they aren't as "interesting" as they were last year.

Most of the fun teams/players are out West.  

On 8/3/2019 at 2:42 AM, fanboyslim said:

No love to Marc’s return to FEF with the Raptors?

Marc isn’t a beloved figure for whatever reason 

On 8/3/2019 at 2:42 AM, fanboyslim said:

No love to Marc’s return to FEF with the Raptors?

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Marc isn’t a beloved figure for whatever reason 

First, everyone is welcome to make their own list.  In fact, I asked people a pretty straight forward question as to what games they would most like to see.

For me, I'm just not that excited to see a Kawhi-less Raptors squad, especially since we've seen Marc Gasol play about 50 games as a Raptor.  It's not that I'm anti-Marc, but I'm more interested in seeing some of those other teams play.

Conley has played 0 games as a Jazz.

16 hours ago, Gogrizz123 said:

Do we play the raptors this year at all?

Unfortunately, not until 2022.,

On 8/7/2019 at 7:21 AM, Gogrizz123 said:

Do we play the raptors this year at all?

NBA teams play every other team in the league at least twice.  Teams from the Eastern and Western Conferences play each other one home game and one away game.  They play four games against their same division opponents, two home, two away.  The rest of the schedule is filled out with conference opponents and may vary as to the number of games, 3 or 4.

I cant wait to see us vs the knicks

The schedule is getting released this morning. I am hoping the Grizzlies are in New York Dec 10-12 and in LA March 6-13. 

Thanks NBA, for putting 10 home games in November, when not a ton of people are tuned into the NBA, and giving the team only 4 home games in February.

As mentioned earlier, Conley returns 11/15 on an ESPN game and then again 11/29. The team plays there 12/7 and 3/14.

Gasol doesn't come until 3/28, and then the teams turn around and play again in Toronto on 3/30.

WC teams that visit only once: Clippers & Blazers, I think.

Link to home schedule