Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

Free agency 2020

15 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Question -> have you seen it quoted anywhere other than posts on this board that 13 doesn't want to be a 5?

I have seen it repeated time and time again here - but no where provides a direct quote.

I saw reports of him working with KG ... a scrawny , quick, long -ANGRY - all-star.

Nothing saying anyhtring about his preference of position...

(not going at you at all - I just noticed that you and I used the word IF )

I asked the same question earlier in the thread, or maybe it was a different thread. I asked for a link and nobody could provide one. I like him at center in the modern NBA.

4 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I'd prefer Jaren to continue to play PF. At PF, he has good size. At C, he's undersized. Despite the changes in the league, when everything else is equal, size still matters. So my preference for him going forward is primarily a PF who can fill in at C in a pinch.

He is 6'11 and 240lbs, that's plenty big enough to play the 5. Al Horford is 6'10 and 245 lbs and nobody is saying he can't play the 5.

9 minutes ago, KyleB said:

He is 6'11 and 240lbs, that's plenty beg enough to play the 5. Al Horford is 6'10 and 245 lbs and nobody is saying he can't play the 5.

Horford played it by default tho.   He always preferred playing PF which is what he will be doing in Philly.    Just like Duncan never wanted to be a C either.  

Horford has been a center his entire career, 5 time all star and all NBA in 2011. You telling me he wanted to play power forward but couldn't beat out Marcus Morris for the position?

5 hours ago, CoolHandGriz said:

So draft another big man and overpay for an above average wing instead of just drafting a wing with incredible upside? Yeah that makes sense...

Save that max money that you're overpaying and use it on good restricted free agents like a Malik Beasley or Chris Lavert. This is much  more fiscally responsible when building a young team. Can add more quality pieces this way as well.

Where in the hell did you get this idea from? Not one thing I said is remotely close to this. In fact what I said resembles the second paragraph you wrote.

Your first comment, the one I quoted, said not to spend money now, save it for your own players. I said that was the worst idea I have heard because once you pay your own people, you won't have cap space. So get free agents now then go over the cap for your own players. I would be after a player like Beasley. Only reason I wouldn't be after Lavert is his injury history. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think those guys are getting max or near max offers.

3 hours ago, KyleB said:

He is 6'11 and 240lbs, that's plenty big enough to play the 5. Al Horford is 6'10 and 245 lbs and nobody is saying he can't play the 5.

No one is saying Jaren can't play C. I said he'd be an undersized center. Guess what- Horford is an undersized center. Undersized does not mean not good. Draymond plays both PF and C. He is undersized at both. Still good. As good as Horford is at 6'10", if everything else stayed the same, he'd be better at 7'1".

6 hours ago, KyleB said:

Horford has been a center his entire career, 5 time all star and all NBA in 2011. You telling me he wanted to play power forward but couldn't beat out Marcus Morris for the position?

I think it was Morris was better than the other best Center option.