Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

Free agency 2020

So...2020 free agent class is not the best, but there are some very good RFA who are getable by overpaying. Memphis will be flush with a cap space and maybe there is a chance to get someone.

Anthony Davis,Draymond Green are unrealistic.

Andre Drummond,DeMar DeRozan,DeMarcus Cousins not suitable for the Grizz timeline.

Pascal Siakam will get the max from the Raptors.

Can we get one of those?

Brandon Ingram

Jaylen Brown

Domantas Sabonis

Dejounte Murray

Buddy Hield

Caris LeVert

IMO 2020 free agents are not that good or like AD and Draymond Green are unrealistic. So if i am Grizz GM i'll wait with my cap space at the beginning of free agency and then offer poison pill contracts to the RFA above.

If strike out....just rent caspase for expiring bad contracts and collect compensation, but if Grizz successful in getting one of those RFA and maybe getting top 6 pick....2020/2021 could be the time to go for it.

So who would you like? and how much are you willing to pay?

every thing will depends how good the grizzlies will be if there signs of greatest then  the stars  will come ,go 27-55 then the new rookies will come . go 60-22 then the stars will lcome. 

I think this coming year will decide, so many factors.. were definitely needing 2 things more outside shooting and a dynamic wing scorer, but if JA and JJJ are still another year away after the season then I say use the cap space to free up money for other teams, getting picks in exchange (think I'm repeating above poster), if we are as bad as some are saying then another high pick in a draft that's top heavy in tall scoring guards and James Wiseman might be the final piece 

16 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

I think this coming year will decide, so many factors.. were definitely needing 2 things more outside shooting and a dynamic wing scorer, but if JA and JJJ are still another year away after the season then I say use the cap space to free up money for other teams, getting picks in exchange (think I'm repeating above poster), if we are as bad as some are saying then another high pick in a draft that's top heavy in tall scoring guards and James Wiseman might be the final piece 

Team goals 

Compete each night

Get blessed with the Hometown Hero James 

Sign Jaylen Brown to the Max 

18 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

Team goals 

Compete each night

Get blessed with the Hometown Hero James 

Sign Jaylen Brown to the Max 

Or just save that max money for your future stars and draft Anthony Edwards or RJ Hampton instead of the hometown hero...

Jaylen Brown is pretty much out. He will have a green light this year. If he looks good, Boston will match. If he doesnt look that good then we shouldnt pay him.

23 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Or just save that max money for your future stars and draft Anthony Edwards or RJ Hampton instead of the hometown hero...

We need to field the most competitive team possible in 2021 because our pick is unprotected. R.J wants to be a lead guard we just spent the number 2 pick on one. Edwards doesn’t excite me he may be no better than the current wings we have. 

26 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Jaylen Brown is pretty much out. He will have a green light this year. If he looks good, Boston will match. If he doesnt look that good then we shouldnt pay him.

Yeah unfortunately they didn’t keep Horford which would have pushed them to the Max but we will see how their cap situation works out. 

Jaylen is out like others said. As is Siakam and Hield most likely. 

Levert is interesting as the Nets are going to have to go into the tax to keep him. Brandon Ingram probably falls into this category, but I'd assume the pelicans would match. Taurean Prince will also be a free agent from the nets. 

Malik Beasley is certainly an interesting option that could be useful for us. We'd have to overpay as he is restricted. 

There will be plenty of backup centers out there. Sabonis for one, Jahlil Okafor, Montrezl Harrell, and Favors. 

We should have a little over 51 million in cap space next year with ways to get up to 60. 

If we can get two or three of Beasley, Levert, Okafor, Prince, or Sabonis I'd be happy as we'd add a couple high quality young players to our core.

We also have some decisions on our own free agents. Does Josh have potential? How does Bruno fit in? Do we bring Crowder back? Do start Clarke and jaren and bring JV off the bench (Which means we have the backup center position filled)? I think Dillon is a free agent as well. 

6 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Jaylen is out like others said. As is Siakam and Hield most likely. 

Levert is interesting as the Nets are going to have to go into the tax to keep him. Brandon Ingram probably falls into this category, but I'd assume the pelicans would match. Taurean Prince will also be a free agent from the nets. 

Malik Beasley is certainly an interesting option that could be useful for us. We'd have to overpay as he is restricted. 

There will be plenty of backup centers out there. Sabonis for one, Jahlil Okafor, Montrezl Harrell, and Favors. 

We should have a little over 51 million in cap space next year with ways to get up to 60. 

If we can get two or three of Beasley, Levert, Okafor, Prince, or Sabonis I'd be happy as we'd add a couple high quality young players to our core.

We also have some decisions on our own free agents. Does Josh have potential? How does Bruno fit in? Do we bring Crowder back? Do start Clarke and jaren and bring JV off the bench (Which means we have the backup center position filled)? I think Dillon is a free agent as well. 

Josh is a real x factor, if he shows something this season that would cure alot of ills,  Crowder is a good pro and plays with hustle and good D, a nice veteran to set an example so as long as were not over paying theres always room for him,  JV is a player that is too expensive for a bench role on a non contender and would have trade value.. if he gets passed on depth chart moving him might make more sense

57 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

We need to field the most competitive team possible in 2021 because our pick is unprotected. R.J wants to be a lead guard we just spent the number 2 pick on one. Edwards doesn’t excite me he may be no better than the current wings we have. 

I dont understand this, your saying we need to field the most competitive team possible so Boston gets a lower pick? Why? So we dont look as bad in a trade we made 5+ years ago?

1 hour ago, QMemphis said:

I'm going to assume you've never seen Edwards play. He's a man child that would come in and get buckets immediately.

And if we draft RJ he will be our starting 2 no matter where he reportedly wants to play.

3 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

I'm going to assume you've never seen Edwards play. He's a man child that would come in and get buckets immediately.

And if we draft RJ he will be our starting 2 no matter where he reportedly wants to play.

I’ve seen all three play and I take James. 

50 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

I dont understand this, your saying we need to field the most competitive team possible so Boston gets a lower pick? Why? So we dont look as bad in a trade we made 5+ years ago?

Yes take the way you want the Grizz will be one of the few teams set for max cap space that will have a young promising core. We obviously would want to diminish the Celtics value on our pick and getting Jaylen helps that it is a no brainer. 

1 minute ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Of course you would. You're from Memphis.

I'd take this guy:

He was the best player on the court he did what he was supposed to dominate. 

1 minute ago, QMemphis said:

He was the best player on the court he did what he was supposed to dominate. 

Bottom line is i'd be happy with either one of them.

14 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Bottom line is i'd be happy with either one of them.

True 

2 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

Agree. If we don't convey this year it doesn't matter whether the pick was 1 or 30. We won't have the pick regardless. Sunk cost.

I get that it FEELS better to convey #28 than #2 but still.

1 hour ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Of course you would. You're from Memphis.

I'd take this guy:

Wow he sure dominated those 5'10" unathletic catholic league guys.

Maybe let's see what he does against real competition next year before deciding.

Hard to say what targets we may have when we don't know how the players on the roster will develop or who we draft (if we draft) next year.

4 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Its basically irrelevant what our pick is in 2021 unless we somehow manage to convey this year. 

Buddy Hield would be very, very high on my list of players in RFA, though I suspect basically all of those teams will match. The most reasonable target we could go after, due to Denver's inability to match, would have to be Malik Beasley. We wouldn't have to max him, and we'd still have cap space the following year.

59 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Wow he sure dominated those 5'10" unathletic catholic league guys.

Maybe let's see what he does against real competition next year before deciding.

He plays against "real" competition in AAU all the time. Guess what, still dominates. 

And guess who else's highlight tapes were against unathletic catholic league guys... Bron Bron. Good thing we waited til he dominated the league in year 1 to determine if he was any good. Don't wanna go out on a limb now do we?