Sign in to follow this  
PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Is it really far fected that Jackson could be a bigger version of KLeonard?

Defensively i think there is no question jackson can be just as good is not better than Leonard...so the big question is can he be just as deadly offensively..jackson already has a jumper/3pt shot...but he does need to work on off the dribble jumpers/faders...i  know some doubt Jacksons ballhandling...but watching Leonard in the highlights below...Leonard really doesnt have advanced dribbles moves...i mean there not fancy...there crisp/simple and effective...so thinking that Jackson would have to have some crazy handles to play the perimeter isn't true.

For a minute there I thought you meant Josh, and I thought it was scrub love on steroids Lol

Jaren has pressure on him to perform. Hoping he takes a big step foward, and looking foward to it. But he wont achieve any of the hype if he is nailed down in the paint as a C. 

No, I dont think Jackson will be a Kawhi or even a Greek Freak type of player, but if he wants he can work hard and become a more skilled and perimeter version of big, I hope he still keeping diving and selling ppl on the pick and roll to working on easy post mismatches. Someone compared him to Lamar Odom, if he becomes a longer/bigger all around better version of Lamar he will be a superstar.

That is why I like he is working with KG, he was a Center that wanted to be more a forward.  And if we think about this way, in the end of his career Jaren might make the transition to the center position anyway.

On defense he can do a lot of things. On offense he might be closer to a tall, perimeter shooter/scorer like Kevin Durant, Dirk, or Bob McAdoo.  And, those guys have titles -- with KD and Dirk winning Finals MVP (Durant with 2).  

He's not a Greek Freak slasher type or as athletic.  

Jaren has a good post game but that skill-set is less- valued now.  Even if he were the next Kevin McHale down low, shooting 3's and finishing pick and rolls would be worth more.  

JJJ should take some post up shots but I also wanna see him let it fly from 3.  He could be the ultimate 3 and D big man.

What makes superstars superstars is the desire to be great. It's a killer instinct. Jaren hasn't show that, so I don't know if he will ever be that. He has all the talent in the world though and he is just 18 so he could become a superstar, absolutely. 

9 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

I dunno what type of player he’ll be. Still too raw. 

This

9 hours ago, gentlemanquartely said:

i think a better comparison would be jjj vs AD...

That is another one ppl say a lot.

9 hours ago, LilFrontOffice said:

He'll be a superstar. Book it.

I hope so

39 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

He's a better defensive version of Chris Bosh or Kevin Garnett, or Myles Turner with an offensive game. 

Let's not set the bar too high here. Garnett was a DPOY and 12 time all defensive team, 9 of which were first team. If he's a better defensive version of Garnett, we are probably looking at a top ten player all time.

Then I love how you follow it up with "or Myles Turner with an offensive game." Myles Turner, while good defensively, isn't anywhere near the defender Garnett was. I am not sure you realize how good Garnett was. If Jaren becomes a poor man's Garnett, he will be the best player in franchise history.

1 minute ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Let's not set the bar too high here. Garnett was a DPOY and 12 time all defensive team, 9 of which were first team. If he's a better defensive version of Garnett, we are probably looking at a top ten player all time.

Haha.  True.  Garnett was and remains so underrated.  Stuck on crappy TWolves team the majority of his prime.  

If JJJ is anywhere close to Garnett we should all be very happy.

He's not the next anything. He's the first Jaren mf'n Jackson. (actually he is the second but you know what I mean)

43 minutes ago, KyleB said:

He's not the next anything. He's the first Jaren mf'n Jackson. (actually he is the second but you know what I mean)

Yeah!  That said though, I do see his game in the mold of Garnett in a general sense.

i just want for jjj to come in hungry and ready to prove things. as talented as he proved last season, he has work to be done. it's one thing to come into the league as a rookie, turn heads and come in the following year with some clout. it's another to come into the 2nd year hungry for more and to climb the ranks.

what i describe above is what penny did his second year. that kid came back from the summer strong and had worked on his game tremendously. this is my hope for the young fella. when he looks back at this time in his life, may he never once utter the words, 'i wish i had come in more serious about my game after that first year'...

go griz.

slim. 

40 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

i just want for jjj to come in hungry and ready to prove things. as talented as he proved last season, he has work to be done. it's one thing to come into the league as a rookie, turn heads and come in the following year with some clout. it's another to come into the 2nd year hungry for more and to climb the ranks.

what i describe above is what penny did his second year. that kid came back from the summer strong and had worked on his game tremendously. this is my hope for the young fella. when he looks back at this time in his life, may he never once utter the words, 'i wish i had come in more serious about my game after that first year'...

go griz.

slim. 

Image result for toast gif

2 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Then I love how you follow it up with "or Myles Turner with an offensive game." Myles Turner, while good defensively, isn't anywhere near the defender Garnett was. I am not sure you realize how good Garnett was. If Jaren becomes a poor man's Garnett, he will be the best player in franchise history.

Mainly saying that's who is game is most similar too, not that he'll be that good. I think Jaren will win at least one defensive player of the year award though, given how much he effects the game on that end though. Garnett is still the best comp I think personally, maybe he won't be "better" defensively, but he can have a similar type impact. Certainly better than Bosh was defensively. 

On Turner, it's a little hard to say because we are projecting a lot, but he's already a top 5 at worst defensive center in the league at 23 years old. Gobert, him, maybe Drummond, maybe Embiid or AD if you count him as a center. Hopefully Jaren can get to that point, as he has the instincts, athleticism, and wingspan to get there. 

I don't know who to compare him to ... but I like what I'm seeing.  At this point, let's not label JJJ.  The young man can be as good as he wants to be.

We played Grit and Grind early on last year and Michigan State never really open it up either.

I'm exited to see Jaren in the open court and with space.