Rdk4121

Grizzlies 2019-20 Rotation Predictions

I thought since we have a pretty good idea of who the main players on the team will be, we can do some predictions on the rotations. 

PG - Ja (31) Tyus (17)
SG - Dillon (22) Josh (12) Grayson (12) Tyus (2)
SF - Jae (24) Josh (9) Kyle (12) Dillon (3)
PF - Jaren (18) Brandon (18) Bruno (10) Kyle (2)
C - JV (29) Jaren (14) Bruno (5)

Total MPG
Jaren - 32
Ja - 31
JV - 29
Dillon - 25
Jae - 24

Josh - 21
Tyus - 19
Brandon - 18
Bruno - 15
Kyle - 14
Grayson - 12

I will say I don't expect to go 11 deep, I assume we'll have games where Kyle or grayson don't play at all or very sparingly. I penciled Dillon in as the starting SG, but if he can't do that that could free up more time for Josh or grayson, or it could mean Josh spends most of his time at SG and gives Kyle more minutes at SF. I also just said Bruno would play small ball C instead of Miles or Howard playing. 

This is just a guess and subject to change obviously. Let me know what you think. 

33 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

JV minutes look a little high, maybe closer to 26...

He played 27.7 last year for us, so somewhere around there. 

From all the talk and indications from the FO,  Jaren, and his camp, I'd be very surprised if nearly half his PT is spent @ 5, they've all indicated they want Jaren playing @ 4. He can't develop his ball handling skills and perimeter play if he is stuck at C

2 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Kyle played 30 minutes a night for us last season. I see him still getting around there, maybe 25ish.

I like Kyle but don’t know if he’s going to be as good a fit in this new offense that emphasizes more 3 pt shooting. His minutes could get cut as a result. 

Maybe he can thrive as a secondary ball handler that drives and kicks while playing good D.

2 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Kyle played 30 minutes a night for us last season. I see him still getting around there, maybe 25ish.

He was essentially the only SF though for good while with Parsons and Dillon injured. We have a lot more options this year at SF including Dillon, Jae, and Josh. 

16 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

From all the talk and indications from the FO,  Jaren, and his camp, I'd be very surprised if nearly half his PT is spent @ 5, they've all indicated they want Jaren playing @ 4. He can't develop his ball handling skills and perimeter play if he is stuck at C

It might not be his choice. We don't have a whole lot of options there. When he plays with Clarke, he'll still be playing the 4 on offense while Clarke plays more of the 5.

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

It might not be his choice. We don't have a whole lot of options there. When he plays with Clarke, he'll still be playing the 4 on offense while Clarke plays more of the 5.

Yeah, and then there is Bruno who can play at C for minor minutes, plus Plumlee, Howard (if he still on the roster), and Rabb (ditto).

We will be keeping at least one of Plumlee, Howard, Rabb to at least Dec, maybe until Feb, I don't see a combo of these guys getting zero mins during that time

I don't see Jaren getting more than 6 mpg at C, he will be playing the majority of mins at PF

I got jae and Kyle splitting minutes at the 3.

The main problem with that is that Jae Crowder plays better at the 4 .

We have way to many players who should be playing the 4 and Jaren who will most likely get alot of those minutes.

1 hour ago, costarica2 said:

I got jae and Kyle splitting minutes at the 3.

The main problem with that is that Jae Crowder plays better at the 4 .

We have way to many players who should be playing the 4 and Jaren who will most likely get alot of those minutes.

I think Jae is fine at 3, he played mainly the 3 the last couple years in Utah. I don't think he could really be a 2 guard though at all. 

https://theathletic.com/1087741/2019/07/25/projecting-the-grizzlies-2019-20-depth-chart-and-rotation-after-a-wild-summer/

Decent read, but I'll only post the rotation chart he made. You can check out his reasoning in the article. He doesn't think Josh will factor in too much, and thinks Kyle plays most of his time at PF, and jaren plays most of his time at center. 

20190728_132812.jpg

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

https://theathletic.com/1087741/2019/07/25/projecting-the-grizzlies-2019-20-depth-chart-and-rotation-after-a-wild-summer/

Decent read, but I'll only post the rotation chart he made. You can check out his reasoning in the article. He doesn't think Josh will factor in too much, and thinks Kyle plays most of his time at PF, and jaren plays most of his time at center. 

20190728_132812.jpg

At the beginning of the season I see Dillon, SlowMo, Allen and JV playing less and allowing Josh to get some playing time, also he might start in Dillon place. If Iggy and Dwight stays they might get some playing early, but I dont expect them to stay, and I would love if Noah stays too, I prefer him than Dwight.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:12 PM, nwagrizzfan said:

the just released rating for NBA2K20 agrees with your projections

https://www.2kratings.com/nba2k20-team/memphis-grizzlies

I wish they could just tell us Clarkes. Gotta be a 70-72 range