On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

I can see a team taking a cheap flier on Josh Jackson next season even if he flames out because he was a top 3 pick.   

If they take a flier on Josh Jackson next year it will not be cheap. Even though he is still on his rookie contract, he was the third pick and next season will be year four of his deal. He will make 9 mil next season if they pick up the team option on his contract. That's only about half a mil less than Anderson and Anderson was an overpay to keep San Antonio from matching. He would be the 4th highest player on the team and would be making more than JJJ.

1 hour ago, KyleB said:

If they take a flier on Josh Jackson next year it will not be cheap. Even though he is still on his rookie contract, he was the third pick and next season will be year four of his deal. He will make 9 mil next season if they pick up the team option on his contract. That's only about half a mil less than Anderson and Anderson was an overpay to keep San Antonio from matching. He would be the 4th highest player on the team and would be making more than JJJ.

GTF was referring to another team taking a flyer on him if we don't pick up his option.

3 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

GTF was referring to another team taking a flyer on him if we don't pick up his option.

Ah, now I see that. I guess I assumed we were talking about make or break with the Grizzlies.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:55 AM, memphis slim said:

who has the most to gain or lose this year on the team? josh jackson has to be near the top for sure, but bruno is certainly in the equation, as is grayson. 

others? it could certainly be argued that all 3 of these guys are playing for their nba lives. 

slim. 

Add Rabb and Brooks and its a lock

Remember that since Josh Jackson is on a rookie scale contract, his 2020/21 option has to be picked up or renounced by 10/31/19.

I am curious to see how Josh Jackson does with us

On 7/30/2019 at 8:02 AM, fanboyslim said:

Remember that since Josh Jackson is on a rookie scale contract, his 2020/21 option has to be picked up or renounced by 10/31/19.

It won't be picked up.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:02 AM, fanboyslim said:

8.9 mil

On 7/30/2019 at 12:02 AM, fanboyslim said:

His 2020/2021 option has to be picked up by October 31, 2019?  Shouldn't that be October 31, 2020?

1 hour ago, CarloJ63 said:

His 2020/2021 option has to be picked up by October 31, 2019?  Shouldn't that be October 31, 2020?

it's October 31, 2019.

7 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

No, it's one year before the option comes into effect. That's intentional.

If they don't pick up his option can they still re-sign him at the end of the season if they like what they see this year? Could they re-sign him at less than the 8.9 mil? Would they have his bird rights?

On 8/3/2019 at 9:17 AM, fanboyslim said:

No, it's one year before the option comes into effect. That's intentional.

So it is October 19, yes?

Jackson is absolutely on the hot seat. Sure Allen and Rabb too, but they weren’t top 10 picks. I know this isn’t a popular opinion, but I feel Rabb has played well in real NBA games. Summer league he didn’t look good, but I think some guys can play in a team concept and others play well in less organized settings, AAU, Summer League, etc.

Brooks has much to prove also, can he be part or the new core, or just a roll player in the league.

I guess Clarke will need to prove his worth also, I hope he is worthy of a big roll on this team.

5 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Jackson is absolutely on the hot seat. Sure Allen and Rabb too, but they weren’t top 10 picks. I know this isn’t a popular opinion, but I feel Rabb has played well in real NBA games. Summer league he didn’t look good, but I think some guys can play in a team concept and others play well in less organized settings, AAU, Summer League, etc.

Brooks has much to prove also, can he be part or the new core, or just a roll player in the league.

I guess Clarke will need to prove his worth also, I hope he is worthy of a big roll on this team.

I agree Rabb has done well with his NBA minutes, but he remains an end of the bench player who hasn't progressed much after several years and whose body may limit how much he can progress anyway. At some point you may decide to give that roster spot to another younger unproven guy. That doesn't mean Rabb cannot have an NBA career after that.

Brooks has actually overperformed his draft position, it's more a question of knowing if that was a fluke or not. Even if he doesn't grow to be a core player he could still be a useful role player (whose Bird rights we own).

And Clarke's a rookie, so who knows, but I liked his attitude. That will translate to the NBA.

Speaking of Make or Break.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2019/08/07/phoenix-suns-josh-jackson-moves-on-miami-arrest-grizzlies/1945772001/

Josh Jackson is in the process of putting that nightmare in Miami behind him.

Michael A. Gottlieb, P.A., who is representing Jackson, confirmed Thursday that Jackson's felony charge of escape involving his arrest in May at a music festival at Hard Rock Stadium was reduced to a misdemeanor.

Jackson tried to run from the police while in handcuffs after being arrested for trying to enter a VIP section with the proper pass, police said.

The former Phoenix Suns wing then enrolled in a six-month diversion program in June to have that charged removed from his record. Jackson was also initially charged with a misdemeanor for resisting arrest without violence, but that has since been dismissed, Gottlieb confirmed.

So all of that shouldn't be hanging over Jackson’s head in Memphis where he can hope for a fresh start with the Grizzlies.

On 7/29/2019 at 10:29 AM, KyleB said:

9 million doesn't seem that bad. 

45 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

9 million doesn't seem that bad. 

It won't hurt the team that much financially, but if he doesn't take some steps forward it'll still be a bad contract.  Hopefully he has grown up a little and will come in and work hard.

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Josh Jackson option won't be picked up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kSxiR-NKBCU

Man I sure hope Josh gets it together. He had alk of the tools we need to be that long, athletic sg/sf we've been desperately needing. I'm pulling for him. He's the PERFECT "type" to  go along with 12 & 13.

2 hours ago, tjazz22 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kSxiR-NKBCU

Man I sure hope Josh gets it together. He had alk of the tools we need to be that long, athletic sg/sf we've been desperately needing. I'm pulling for him. He's the PERFECT "type" to  go along with 12 & 13.

That's what i've been saying too.  It would be pure foolishness to not give the kid a chance.  

17 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Josh Jackson option won't be picked up.

Why not? 1 year 9 million for an extended look and to bind him is fine. What, do we need the capspace for the monster 2020 class?

19 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Why not? 1 year 9 million for an extended look and to bind him is fine. What, do we need the capspace for the monster 2020 class?

Because his value atm is minimum contract at best and he won't be able to do anything before option is declined.

So option declined 100%.