who has the most to gain or lose this year on the team? josh jackson has to be near the top for sure, but bruno is certainly in the equation, as is grayson. 

others? it could certainly be argued that all 3 of these guys are playing for their nba lives. 

slim. 

Rabb 100%     

Argument can be made for Dillon too due to him being on last year of rookie deal.    I can see a team taking a cheap flier on Josh Jackson next season even if he flames out because he was a top 3 pick.   

Dillon was a 2nd rounder who has been injured majority of his time.    If he turns out to be a dud then he could be overseas quickly. 

Rabb may not even be on the roster by the time the season starts, I think his ship may have already sailed after his so so summer league.

yea, gtf. i actually was thinking the ship has already sailed for rabb. too bad, but maybe he can continue to work and land on another team.

agreed on dbrooks. he really needs a healthy, productive season.

slim.

18 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

yea, gtf. i actually was thinking the ship has already sailed for rabb. too bad, but maybe he can continue to work and land on another team.

slim.

Throw a dart.  There's his next team...

euroleague.png

This is Dillon's contract year (you well as Bruno, Josh, and Allen's next two years aren't guaranteed). I think we all expect Dillon to provide a decent amount. Even if he doesn't start long term, I think he needs to prove he can be a sixth man going forward at least. 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Rabb 100%     

Argument can be made for Dillon too due to him being on last year of rookie deal.    I can see a team taking a cheap flier on Josh Jackson next season even if he flames out because he was a top 3 pick.   

Dillon was a 2nd rounder who has been injured majority of his time.    If he turns out to be a dud then he could be overseas quickly. 

Dillon won't be playing overseas anytime soon, most likely ever. Wings with his size and skills are always a commodity in the NBA.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Rabb 100%     

This cracks me up for some reason. Remember all the folks on this board claiming Dillon should be a starter? I like the kid. he hustles and plays hard, but......

4 hours ago, memphis slim said:

who has the most to gain or lose this year on the team? josh jackson has to be near the top for sure, but bruno is certainly in the equation, as is grayson. 

others? it could certainly be argued that all 3 of these guys are playing for their nba lives. 

slim. 

I'd say the most to prove in order are:

1. Josh Jackson
  2. Grayson Allen
  3. Kyle Anderson (injury returns are always difficult and the team is heading in a new direction)
  4. Ivan Rabb (assuming it isn't already too late)
  5. Yuta Watanabe (last year of his two year deal)

4 hours ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

jackson and Grayson. Bruno is playing with house money because he shouldn't have been in the league at all up to this point in his career, despite what the scrublovers on this board will tell you.

2 hours ago, KyleB said:

Rabb may not even be on the roster by the time the season starts, I think his ship may have already sailed after his so so summer league.

Looking at the roster I see no way for rabb to be on the team unless we have another trade brewing. I suspect there won't be much trade action until December/January though.

32 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

jackson and Grayson. Bruno is playing with house money because he shouldn't have been in the league at all up to this point in his career, despite what the scrublovers on this board will tell you.

Yup no place in the league for wings with a 7'7 wingspan that shoot 37% from 3.... insert eye roll

I do agree with Jackson and Grayson. Rabb is already toast imo.

Josh- possible contract year

Dillon- contract year

Bruno- contract year

Grayson- late first rounder 

all need to prove that they can play at the NBA level.  This is likely for all the best shot at defining a role as a starter or quality rotation player  

Not countin JJJ and the new draftees obviously, but if the rest of the young guys don't produce better than ever this coming season, heck for guys like Rabb n Josh this preseason, they're probably all gone by next july. The time is now for them, atleast with the Grizz.

4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Rabb 100%     

Majority of his time?  That's incorrect.  He played 82 games his first season.

1 hour ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Yup no place in the league for wings with a 7'7 wingspan that shoot 37% from 3.... insert eye roll

I do agree with Jackson and Grayson. Rabb is already toast imo.

In 5 years in the league he's played in 69 games, half of them with memphis. His advanced stats show him to be a below replacement level player. Despite his amazing wing span he's not a great defensive player and is, in fact, a below average defensive player.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cabocbr01.html#all_advanced

I don't know anybody else who's stuck around the league 5 years (now 6) contributing less. He shouldn't have been in the NBA at all the past 5 years. That's why he's playing with house money. He should've been in some Brazilian league making 100k the past 5 years.

Consider yourself a scrublover.

22 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

In 5 years in the league he's played in 69 games, half of them with memphis. His advanced stats show him to be a below replacement level player. Despite his amazing wing span he's not a great defensive player and is, in fact, a below average defensive player.

I don't know anybody else who's stuck around the league 5 years (now 6) contributing less. He shouldn't have been in the NBA at all the past 5 years.

Bruno's numbers in Memphis show he may have finally matured into a NBA talent. His WS/48 was 0.9 which is just below the league average of 1.0. That has to be somewhat tempered by the time of the season when he produced at this level but if he continues to work on his game he could be a nice bench player for the Grizzlies. 

I think the analyst who said Bruno was two years away from being two years away nailed it. Bruno has now been around for five seasons yet doesn't turn 24 for a few more months. I view him as a second year player who stayed four years in college with a red shirt season. He's not as polished perhaps but is worth another look before making any decisions about his future with the team. 

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Bruno's numbers in Memphis show he may have finally matured into a NBA talent. His WS/48 was 0.9 which is just below the league average of 1.0. That has to be somewhat tempered by the time of the season when he produced at this level but if he continues to work on his game he could be a nice bench player for the Grizzlies. 

I think the analyst who said Bruno was two years away from being two years away nailed it. Bruno has now been around for five seasons yet doesn't turn 24 for a few more months. I view him as a second year player who stayed four years in college with a red shirt season. He's not as polished perhaps but is worth another look before making any decisions about his future with the team. 

The F.O. bean counters may see it differently. Because he will be a 6 year vet at the end of this coming season when his contract is over, his vet minimum will be 2 mil for the following season. I believe that if Bruno does not show a lot of improvement he will become cost prohibitive to be kept around based on potential. It will be cheaper to find 2 new projects than to pay for Bruno. I think this season will be Bruno's last if he doesn't blossom into full time NBA talent.

2 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

The F.O. bean counters may see it differently. Because he will be a 6 year vet at the end of this coming season when his contract is over, his vet minimum will be 2 mil for the following season. I believe that if Bruno does not show a lot of improvement he will become cost prohibitive to be kept around based on potential. It will be cheaper to find 2 new projects than to pay for Bruno. I think this season will be Bruno's last if he doesn't blossom into full time NBA talent.

We are on the same page. I don't believe he has to worry right now but he needs to show this season that he can become a full time contributor. 

For me i would say

1. Josh Jackson
  2. Bruno : Still confused with this guy. Seems talented but not consistant at all. Hopefully a good surprise
  3. Grayson Allen
  4. Kyle Anderson ( injured return is allways tough)

I do not believe much in Rabb. Unless we do not have another big pairing with JV ( hope it will be Noah), he will probably not be here when season start.

For Dillon, i am not worry, he will be great in the team.

9 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I don't know anybody else who's stuck around the league 5 years (now 6) contributing less. He shouldn't have been in the NBA at all the past 5 years. That's why he's playing with house money. He should've been in some Brazilian league making 100k the past 5 years.

Bet ya a bill he’s still in the league 5 years from now. Chip can be the escrow holder.

11 hours ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Bet ya a bill he’s still in the league 5 years from now. Chip can be the escrow holder.

No point betting real money over the internet but I'd be surprised if he's in the NBA in 2 years. Once he hits about 25-26 the dream of his "potential" dies.

12 hours ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Do I get to keep the interest earned?