KyleB

Kyle vs Bruno

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

So seemingly not a long term option at the 3. I certainly wouldn't want Kyle playing any minutes over Brandon. I just personally think bruno is a better option at the 4 than Kyle as he has better size and length.

I would pick Kyle over bruno at the 3, Bruno over Kyle at the 4. I guess we'll see, Kyle does make sense at the 4. Having Brandon, bruno, and Kyle out there makes sense as well. Defense and rebounding wouldn't be an issue. 

looking at the type of guys this FO been going after...i dont't think what position a player is even comes to thought...they are truely trying to be the frontrunners of positionless bball.

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

looking at the type of guys this FO been going after...i dont't think what position a player is even comes to thought...they are truely trying to be the frontrunners of positionless bball.

THANK YOU !!!

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

Who have we gone after? Ja - only point guard. Tyus - pretty much only point guard. Brandon - PF or small ball 5. Not really sure I get what you mean. Josh is slightly more versatile, and maybe Melton could play some SG. But that's about it.

I think this positionless thing is pretty dumb overall. It's just an overcomplicated way of saying versatile. You'll still have all 5 position, just the skillsets change is all. Like Jaren can do a lot of things on the court, but at the end of the day he's still a 4 or a 5. I think your position is based more on who you guard rather than your role on offense. Like Draymond runs the offense a lot, but I'd be never say he was the PG. Stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think your position is based more on who you guard

they are trending towards switching on just about everything...

man to man is usually used on a pound the ball drain the shot clock one on one scorer

when you have a squad passing and running off of screens looking for a mismatch 

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

You'll still have all 5 position, just the skillsets change is all

thats kind of what i am getting at 

list em at their projected position

can they switch on initial motions

can they initiate the offense

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Who have we gone after? Ja - only point guard. Tyus - pretty much only point guard. Brandon - PF or small ball 5. Not really sure I get what you mean. Josh is slightly more versatile, and maybe Melton could play some SG. But that's about it.

I think this positionless thing is pretty dumb overall. It's just an overcomplicated way of saying versatile. You'll still have all 5 position, just the skillsets change is all. Like Jaren can do a lot of things on the court, but at the end of the day he's still a 4 or a 5. I think your position is based more on who you guard rather than your role on offense. Like Draymond runs the offense a lot, but I'd be never say he was the PG. Stuff like that. 

3 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

man to man is usually used on a pound the ball drain the shot clock one on one scorer

ja-pg for now...later on sg

jones-pg/sg

allen-pg/sg/sf

melton-pg/sg/sf

dillon-sg/sf/pf

guduric-sg/sf

anderson-pg/sg/sf/pf

bruno-sf/pf/c

clark-sg/sf/pf/c

crowder-sf/pf

iggy-sg/sf/pf

jackson-sg/sf/pf

3js-sf/pf/c

konchar-sg/sf

yuta-sg/sf/pf

8 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

ja-pg for now...later on sg

jones-pg/sg

allen-pg/sg/sf

melton-pg/sg/sf

dillon-sg/sf/pf

guduric-sg/sf

anderson-pg/sg/sf/pf

bruno-sf/pf/c

clark-sg/sf/pf/c

crowder-sf/pf

iggy-sg/sf/pf

jackson-sg/sf/pf

3js-sf/pf/c

konchar-sg/sf

yuta-sg/sf/pf

You've essentially given everyone 1 extra position then they'd realistically play. If you list them the way you've listed them, then everyone in the league is that versatile. Jaren will never play SF, Clarke will never play SG or probably SF either, etc. That's not a knock on our guys, you just are going a little overboard on their abilities for the most part. 

Again, that's not that big of a deal. We only have 1, maybe 2 guys that can only play one position, which is a good thing. It's not about being able to play 3 or 4 positions, it's about being able to play more than 1, which most of them can. As far as that, we agree. 

12 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Even switch heavy defenses are still man to man. I'll say this though, the concept of switching everything has only made defenses worse in the NBA. Like you said, they can way more easily find the mismatches. The best defenses don't switch super often unless the situation calls for it. Look at what the Raptors did to the Warriors in the finals (not including the Box and 1). They were able to take the Warriors out of what they wanted to do without having to switch very much. Granted they were a team filled with great defenders at every position, but the concept still applies.

Defense is more about effort than skill, though obviously skill helps. Giving the effort to stick to your man through screens messes up most NBA offenses which pretty much rely on mismatches. How many points less per game would Harden or any other guard score if they didn't abuse bigs that have to switch out on them? Probably a basket or 2 (2-6 points). That's the key. 

2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

You've essentially given everyone 1 extra position then they'd realistically play. If you list them the way you've listed them, then everyone in the league is that versatile. Jaren will never play SF, Clarke will never play SG or probably SF either, etc. That's not a knock on our guys, you just are going a little overboard on their abilities for the most part. 

Again, that's not that big of a deal. We only have 1, maybe 2 guys that can only play one position, which is a good thing. It's not about being able to play 3 or 4 positions, it's about being able to play more than 1, which most of them can. As far as that, we agree. 

i was lookin at what position they can effectively guard(ex clark may not ever play sg but he can guard them)...idc what position they are on offense.

2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Even switch heavy defenses are still man to man. I'll say this though, the concept of switching everything has only made defenses worse in the NBA. Like you said, they can way more easily find the mismatches. The best defenses don't switch super often unless the situation calls for it. Look at what the Raptors did to the Warriors in the finals (not including the Box and 1). They were able to take the Warriors out of what they wanted to do without having to switch very much. Granted they were a team filled with great defenders at every position, but the concept still applies.

Defense is more about effort than skill, though obviously skill helps. Giving the effort to stick to your man through screens messes up most NBA offenses which pretty much rely on mismatches. How many points less per game would Harden or any other guard score if they didn't abuse bigs that have to switch out on them? Probably a basket or 2 (2-6 points). That's the key. 

it would be difficult to find mismatches with guys like bruno/crowder/anderson/clark/3js/iggy sharing the floor together...this may be the first team in the nba to play zone on a consistent basics.