KyleB

Kyle vs Bruno

2 hours ago, King Dork said:

Once again, it’s not about whose the best player. You want to argue he’s a better player than any 2/3 on the roster? I don’t think so but your opinion is your opinion. This is about what’s best for the development of Ja and Jaren, and allowing them to play in the same system that they will ultimately be successful playing in is more important in developing them than playing the dude who is best at the position this season. 

As has been said, no one on the roster is a real fit for the future of the team at SF, so why do we care who’s the better player for this season? It’s about development of the core of this roster. Not focusing on playing a dude who on a contending team wouldn’t get more than 20 minutes a game, if that. 

We don’t even know the rosters strengths and weaknesses yet or what kind of system we’re going to run 

26 minutes ago, Allen said:

We don’t even know the rosters strengths and weaknesses yet or what kind of system we’re going to run 

We know they are going to run and we know they’ll shoot more 3’s from the coaches mouth, Kyle does neither. 

I'd start Kyle to build his value, and then trade him. 

Bruno is so much better than him. He has All Star potential.

4 hours ago, Coubs said:

I didn’t say all that. Don’t lump me in this group lol. 

6 hours ago, Coubs said:

Bruno needs to work on his shooting a little bit more and find his sweet spots

16 hours ago, King Dork said:

Once again, it’s not about whose the best player. You want to argue he’s a better player than any 2/3 on the roster? I don’t think so but your opinion is your opinion. This is about what’s best for the development of Ja and Jaren, and allowing them to play in the same system that they will ultimately be successful playing in is more important in developing them than playing the dude who is best at the position this season. 

As has been said, no one on the roster is a real fit for the future of the team at SF, so why do we care who’s the better player for this season? It’s about development of the core of this roster. Not focusing on playing a dude who on a contending team wouldn’t get more than 20 minutes a game, if that. 

I understand your sentiment here.  Because if it is solely about the best player at SF then Crowder/Iggy would get the nod. 

As far as young guys currently on roster I think any of these wing combos fit better than either Kyle or Bruno:   Dillon/Josh,  DeAnthony/Josh, Marko/Josh,  DeAnthony/Josh or.   DeAnthony/Dillon.     IMHO we need a wing that can defend all perimeter positions and the other wing be a shooter or scorer.       We have two potential defensively versatile wings in DeAnthony and Josh.   They also offer secondary ballhandling and playmaking too.     We have two potential scorer/shooter wings in Dillon/Marko.  They are both more limited athletically which is why either needs to be paired with the more athletic defensive guys.  

So in a development year some combination of those guys should get majority of burn with Ja Jaren and JV.    Sidenote: I view Grayson ceiling as a bench scorer.   I also view Kyle and Bruno more as PF's than SFs too. 

39 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

If Kyle is able to be the new Shane - I’m happy.

Shane hit 3’s, and overall that comparison is an insult to Shane’s career as a grizzly. #Fact

12 hours ago, Subliminal said:

This is one of my favorite threads of the summer thanks guys

Classic Grizzlies boards. Arguing about backups lol. 

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I understand your sentiment here.  Because if it is solely about the best player at SF then Crowder/Iggy would get the nod. 

As far as young guys currently on roster I think any of these wing combos fit better than either Kyle or Bruno:   Dillon/Josh,  DeAnthony/Josh, Marko/Josh,  DeAnthony/Josh or.   DeAnthony/Dillon.     IMHO we need a wing that can defend all perimeter positions and the other wing be a shooter or scorer.       We have two potential defensively versatile wings in DeAnthony and Josh.   They also offer secondary ballhandling and playmaking too.     We have two potential scorer/shooter wings in Dillon/Marko.  They are both more limited athletically which is why either needs to be paired with the more athletic defensive guys.  

So in a development year some combination of those guys should get majority of burn with Ja Jaren and JV.    Sidenote: I view Grayson ceiling as a bench scorer.   I also view Kyle and Bruno more as PF's than SFs too. 

There seem to be a decent number of folks on these boards who don't think Josh Jackson will make it past the October decision date, yet you're already saying he's better than proven vets?  Not to mention Dillon, De'Anthony and Marko, an unknown who has yet to play a single second of any NBA minutes?  Wow.

59 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Shane hit 3’s, and overall that comparison is an insult to Shane’s career as a grizzly. #Fact

I was trying to make a comparison of a former Grizz

not known for athleticism,

very knowledgeable about defense and a heady defender,

no first step at all ,

would take a charge in the tunnel on the way to the court

and finally DEVELOPED a reliable three (corner) 

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

There seem to be a decent number of folks on these boards who don't think Josh Jackson will make it past the October decision date, yet you're already saying he's better than proven vets?  Not to mention Dillon, De'Anthony and Marko, an unknown who has yet to play a single second of any NBA minutes?  Wow.

Did you read the post i was referring to first?    And clearly I didn't say Josh was better than Iggy or Crowder AKA Proven Vets. 

8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Did you read the post i was referring to first?    And clearly I didn't say Josh was better than Iggy or Crowder AKA Proven Vets. 

You did say Kyle, and he ain't better than Kyle.  Yet.  He obviously has some potential or he wouldn't have been a top pick.

58 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

You did say Kyle, and he ain't better than Kyle.  Yet.  He obviously has some potential or he wouldn't have been a top pick.

He might be better than Kyle. Just sayin. 

15 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Isn't the October date just a determination of whether or not to pick up his option?? So they could reject the team option and still keep him on the team for the year, correct? If that is correct, I'd expect him to be on the team regardless. This team lacks talent. Unless he comes in and is immediately a headache, I'd expect the team to gamble on him....for at least one year.

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

He is also 3yrs younger than Kyle.   The post i responded was about using this season as a development year.   If that's the case then the players with highest potential should get the hardest look.   None of the other wings have higher potential than Josh Jackson.  He has the tools to be a good player let's just hope he can put them all together while in a Grizz uni.  

Outside of our big 3 young guys (Ja, Jaren, Brandon), I think Josh and Bruno are our two young guys with the most potential, which is why we need to keep developing them. We can't just have 3 players. I think Dillon and Grayson (and maybe Marko) have potential as bench players going forward, and possibly Melton, but he'd have to best out Tyus most likely. 

Hopefully Dillon learns a lot from Jae, as that's kind of what I see him becoming. A tough minded but undersized 3&D SF off the bench. 

7 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Isn't the October date just a determination of whether or not to pick up his option?? So they could reject the team option and still keep him on the team for the year, correct? If that is correct, I'd expect him to be on the team regardless. This team lacks talent. Unless he comes in and is immediately a headache, I'd expect the team to gamble on him....for at least one year.

Man, I don't know, but I think you're right.  It's the option to pick up his final season, next year, right?  I wasn't thinking all that hard about the option.  I really hope he does come in more mature and ready to take the next step.  That would be a huge plus for us.

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

He is also 3yrs younger than Kyle.   The post i responded was about using this season as a development year.   If that's the case then the players with highest potential should get the hardest look.   None of the other wings have higher potential than Josh Jackson.  He has the tools to be a good player let's just hope he can put them all together while in a Grizz uni.  

I hope.

8 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Correct. If we don't pick his option he's still has contract for the 2019-20 season. We'd have to waive him and eat his salary to free his roster spot.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Fuel for fire.  new coach David McClure referred to Kyle Anderson as a "Playmaking" 4.   

So seemingly not a long term option at the 3. I certainly wouldn't want Kyle playing any minutes over Brandon. I just personally think bruno is a better option at the 4 than Kyle as he has better size and length.

I would pick Kyle over bruno at the 3, Bruno over Kyle at the 4. I guess we'll see, Kyle does make sense at the 4. Having Brandon, bruno, and Kyle out there makes sense as well. Defense and rebounding wouldn't be an issue. 

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

So seemingly not a long term option at the 3. I certainly wouldn't want Kyle playing any minutes over Brandon. I just personally think bruno is a better option at the 4 than Kyle as he has better size and length.

I would pick Kyle over bruno at the 3, Bruno over Kyle at the 4. I guess we'll see, Kyle does make sense at the 4. Having Brandon, bruno, and Kyle out there makes sense as well. Defense and rebounding wouldn't be an issue. 

ja/clark/bruno/kyle/3js