KyleB

Kyle vs Bruno

With all the zooming rookies and 2nd-years, I like Kyle as the guy to put in when the team gets rattled. 

When Marc was at his best, which I admit wasn't as often as I would have liked, he'd take the ball at the top of the key and just radiate "Guys! Be cool! We got this!"  and I can see Kyle doing that now. 

2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

61% of Kyle's 3 pt attempts were from the corners were he hit them at 38%. 46% of his 2pt shots were at the rim making 69% of them. That is fundamentally smart basketball. That is how you win basketball games, by taking and making high percentage shots. If you want to deny facts because you are some Bruno fanboy, whatever. Knock yourself out. While you are going full blown KBM next season about Bruno, a healthy Kyle will be starting, no matter what crazy argument you make in an attempt to twist reality.

Kyle ain't starting next year. Jae or Josh will be starting. Talk about being a fanboy. Your love of Kyle is the ultimate scrub love. He's a barely above replacement level player who is good on defense and not good on offense. Very limited athleticism and very limited offensive game but has good size and length. That's all he is. He's "fundamentally sound" because that's literally the only thing he can do essentially. You like to lie and say he spaces the floor. You're being delusional. Most players shoot better from the corners than from anywhere else. It's the shortest 3 pointer there is and usually open as well. 

41 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Kyle ain't starting next year. Jae or Josh will be starting. Talk about being a fanboy. Your love of Kyle is the ultimate scrub love. He's a barely above replacement level player who is good on defense and not good on offense. Very limited athleticism and very limited offensive game but has good size and length. That's all he is. He's "fundamentally sound" because that's literally the only thing he can do essentially. You like to lie and say he spaces the floor. You're being delusional. Most players shoot better from the corners than from anywhere else. It's the shortest 3 pointer there is and usually open as well. 

Find the quote where I claimed Kyle spaces the floor. After you realize that it doesn't exist, maybe you'll recognize who is in fact the "delusional" one (assuming that you're not a troll 🙄)

10 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Find the quote where I claimed Kyle spaces the floor. After you realize that it doesn't exist, maybe you'll recognize who is in fact the "delusional" one (assuming that you're not a troll 🙄)

I guess I should say you said Bruno (37% 3.8 attempts) wouldn't space it better than Kyle would (26.5% on .8 attempts). I'm trying to figure out how above league average on 4 attempts a game isn't spacing the floor? Or at least on how that's not better than 26% on less than attempt a game? 

Kyle is a 4, and should've been the point-forward this past season, but JB didn't know what the hell he was doing.

I'd have him and Bruno both come off the bench, with Kyle getting a lot minutes with Jaren when he slides to Center.

19 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I guess I should say you said Bruno (37% 3.8 attempts) wouldn't space it better than Kyle would (26.5% on .8 attempts). I'm trying to figure out how above league average on 4 attempts a game isn't spacing the floor? Or at least on how that's not better than 26% on less than attempt a game? 

Spacing has nothing to do with the volume of shots taken. Now consider how many of the 29 other NBA head coaches have a game plan to stop Bruno. Not one. He will be defended as they defend anyone else at his position. The only way that changes is if he gets hot and buries 4 or 5 three's then they will be in his grill. In case you are wondering, the most 3 pt'ers made by Bruno in one game is 4, followed by six games in which he made 3. No team is going to space the floor any differently because of Bruno, unless of course he goes off his rocker and buries a bunch of them.

1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

Spacing has nothing to do with the volume of shots taken. Now consider how many of the 29 other NBA head coaches have a game plan to stop Bruno. Not one. He will be defended as they defend anyone else at his position. The only way that changes is if he gets hot and buries 4 or 5 three's then they will be in his grill. In case you are wondering, the most 3 pt'ers made by Bruno in one game is 4, followed by six games in which he made 3. No team is going to space the floor any differently because of Bruno, unless of course he goes off his rocker and buries a bunch of them.

Most people won't just completely ignore the player either if he can shoot 3s though which is what you are missing. Players like Shaun Livingston, Rondo in the past, Ben Simmons, and Kyle you don't ever have to go out and contest at the 3 point line which means that their defender will be in the paint or close to it on drives, which clogs up the lane. It's not about being game planned against, it's about having a defender sag off all the way to the paint. No one is going to do that against Jae Crowder, bruno, even Jaren because they can knock them down at a decent rate. 

9 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Most people won't just completely ignore the player either if he can shoot 3s though which is what you are missing. Players like Shaun Livingston, Rondo in the past,c Ben Simmons, and Kyle you don't ever have to go out and contest at the 3 point line which means that their defender will be in the paint or close to it on drives, which clogs up the lane. It's not about being game planned against, it's about having a defender sag off all the way to the paint. No one is going to do that against Jae Crowder, bruno, even Jaren because they can knock them down at a decent rate. 

?

12 minutes ago, Allen said:

?

The title of the video is called BAD defense, but thanks for proving my point. He was wide open and he made it. That's F- defense right there. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

The title of the video is called BAD defense, but thanks for proving my point. He was wide open and he made it. That's F- defense right there. 

That’s not the point you where making. You said guys won’t sag off on Bruno and I posted a video of a guy sagging off of Bruno. And Bruno still hasn’t proven he can consistently hit that shot over an extended period of time. When he proves himself as a real shooter then you will have a point 

Just now, Allen said:

That’s not the point you where making. You said guys won’t sag off on Bruno. And Bruno still hasn’t proven he can consistently hit that shot over an extended period of time 

That is the point I'm making. Clearly lebron wasn't even playing defense at all. Anyone giving an ounce of effort is going to contest a shooter, even if it's a soft contest. Bruno has proven he can be good enough from there. He was the 4th best shooter on the team from 3 last year, and the 2nd best returning shooter behind Brooks. What do you guys want, I'm not saying he's Klay Thompson, but he's still a pretty good shooter. 

9 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

That is the point I'm making. Clearly lebron wasn't even playing defense at all. Anyone giving an ounce of effort is going to contest a shooter, even if it's a soft contest. Bruno has proven he can be good enough from there. He was the 4th best shooter on the team from 3 last year, and the 2nd best returning shooter behind Brooks. What do you guys want, I'm not saying he's Klay Thompson, but he's still a pretty good shooter. 

Lebron purposely left him open because he had 0 respect for his shot and assumed he would miss. He hasn’t shown  he’s a good shooter over a long enough period for him to be looked at the way your looking at him  .

18 hours ago, Allen said:

Lebron purposely left him open because he had 0 respect for his shot and assumed he would miss. He hasn’t shown  he’s a good shooter over a long enough period for him to be looked at the way your looking at him  .

Lebron wouldn't guard anyone by the end of the year. Remember when Kuzma shoved him into contesting someone. That hardly counts. I'm looking at him as a slightly above average 3 point shooter, you don't leave even average 3 point shooters wide open, or you are just playing bad defense. It's as simple as that. 

5 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

27 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

like i said could we just start both of them

Bruno’s.  Video showed why he fits with the core in the new NBA. He is a prototypical 3&D guy, all of his shots were either 3’s, drives, cuts or putbacks. He spaced the floor for all of the drivers. 

Kyle didn’t shoot one 3 the whole highlight video. Every shot was in the paint , right were Ja, JJJ & Jonas want to be. But some type way some people think he fits. I don’t get it. 

5 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Bruno’s.  Video showed why he fits with the core in the new NBA. He is a prototypical 3&D guy, all of his shots were either 3’s, drives, cuts or putbacks. He spaced the floor for all of the drivers. 

Kyle didn’t shoot one 3 the whole highlight video. Every shot was in the paint , right were Ja, JJJ & Jonas want to be. But some type way some people think he fits. I don’t get it. 

You obviously did not watch all the video.  Anyway, who cares?  I don't understand everyone's need to follow other teams' trends.  There's more than one way to skin a cat.  We'll see how he fits this season.

31 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Kyle shot 3 or 4 threes I think, but you're right. People sag off and don't even bother rotating out to him, even on his little mid range jumper. 

21 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

You obviously did not watch all the video.  Anyway, who cares?  I don't understand everyone's need to follow other teams' trends.  There's more than one way to skin a cat.  We'll see how he fits this season.

It's mainly because that's what Jenkins said he wants. The fit is awkward for sure, but Kyle is a very good cutter and very timely as well. He's okay in transition just because of his length. Offensively, it's not a good fit, but Kyle is mainly for defense anyway. 

40 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Exaggeration for emphasis is a thing. But the point still stands, he doesn’t shoot 3’s. It’s not following a trend, it’s factual that you can’t have non shooters on the floor when they aren’t the primary ball handler.  He won’t have the ball, Ja will be the primary ball handler for the starting lineup because just like Kyle he’s a non shooter in the league right now. 

Kyle’s ideal role is as the primary ball handler for the 2nd unit. Unfortunately we just signed a backup PG to fill that role. Kyle was a fit with Marc and Mike and he has a real role in the league. Just not with the new core. 

1 hour ago, King Dork said:

Exaggeration for emphasis is a thing. But the point still stands, he doesn’t shoot 3’s. It’s not following a trend, it’s factual that you can’t have non shooters on the floor when they aren’t the primary ball handler.  He won’t have the ball, Ja will be the primary ball handler for the starting lineup because just like Kyle he’s a non shooter in the league right now. 

Kyle’s ideal role is as the primary ball handler for the 2nd unit. Unfortunately we just signed a backup PG to fill that role. Kyle was a fit with Marc and Mike and he has a real role in the league. Just not with the new core. 

That is not a fact, it is merely an opinion.  I don't think Kyle was a primary ball handler for SAS, and he did share the floor with Aldridge (not a 3-pt shooter), and they were a playoff team.

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

That is not a fact, it is merely an opinion.  I don't think Kyle was a primary ball handler for SAS, and he did share the floor with Aldridge (not a 3-pt shooter), and they were a playoff team.

Lamarcus Aldridge is the last stretch big that shoots long 2’s, he doesn’t shoot 3’s but he also doesn’t clog the paint. And yes Kyle was the primary ball handler for the 2nd unit in SA, patty mills was the backup guard and he wasn’t a ball handler only a catch and shoot guy. 

Just look at the playoffs, who was on the court that couldn’t shoot with Greek Freak? Who was on the court that couldn’t shoot on Toronto’s team period? Who was on the court with Draymond that couldn’t shoot? Who was on the court with Evan Turner that couldn’t shoot? 

Now who was on the court with Russell Westbrook that couldn’t shoot? Every shooting guard they ever had couldn’t shoot. And what type of success did they have? Consistent first round exits. Westbrook & PG being forced into bad shots because at once they had multiple non shooters on the court around them. 

If you want to say you like the dude cool, but he’s not a fit with this roster as constructed. 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:29 PM, Allen said:

?

Lebron hasn't played defense since he joined the Lakers. Even the still shot shows it's not just Bruno he didn't bother getting out on.

Tony Parker was a career .324 from 3 and .491 from the field shooter. Kyle is a career .324 from 3 and .492 from the field shooter. For you mathematically challenged individuals, that's a .001 % difference. Now put your thinking caps on and try to recall if anyone ever said Tony Parker could not shoot. While you still have your thinking caps on, which Grizzlies players will be the focus of the F.O. for development? Who would be a better fit to help in their development, Kyle or Bruno? 

Bruno has had a 34 game season on a lottery bound team in which he shot .369% from 3 pt range and the way some are carrying on you would think he is the next Ray Allen. In the last 5 seasons, Bruno has been on 3 teams and has played a total of 69 games. I hope Bruno does well and becomes the player that he could be, but how many other NBA players bounced around playing 69 games over a 5 year span have put it all together?

Kyle, if healthy, is a no brainer to start along with Ja, JJJ, JV, and whoever. NO-BRAINER.

2 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Tony Parker was a career .324 from 3 and .491 from the field shooter. Kyle is a career .324 from 3 and .492 from the field shooter. For you mathematically challenged individuals, that's a .001 % difference. Now put your thinking caps on and try to recall if anyone ever said Tony Parker could not shoot. While you still have your thinking caps on, which Grizzlies players will be the focus of the F.O. for development? Who would be a better fit to help in their development, Kyle or Bruno? 

Bruno has had a 34 game season on a lottery bound team in which he shot .369% from 3 pt range and the way some are carrying on you would think he is the next Ray Allen. In the last 5 seasons, Bruno has been on 3 teams and has played a total of 69 games. I hope Bruno does well and becomes the player that he could be, but how many other NBA players bounced around playing 69 games over a 5 year span have put it all together?

Kyle, if healthy, is a no brainer to start along with Ja, JJJ, JV, and whoever. NO-BRAINER.

1) Plenty people said Tony Parker couldn’t shoot. 2) Tony Parker was the primary ball handler with shooters around him. 3) the rules were different when he was in his prime, and did not lean so heavily towards shooting. The rules today lean towards pace and space which he provides non of. He’s a terrible fit with Ja, and would clog the lane for him. 

I really think this thread should be expanded to who is best Starting SF option.   Kyle is a better player than Bruno yet Bruno may be a better fit but its too hard to know right for sure.     

But we actually have more options at SF than those 2.   Dillon, Josh and Jae all were drafted as SF's.    I am sure more appealing arguments can be made for them over both Slomo and Bruno.