Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Season Ticket Holders

I'm curious how many posters are actually season ticket holders as well? 

As most people know I have been a season ticket holder since Day 1. I have moved my seats this year to a new (less expensive) section where a few of my friends have seats but I will continue to be a season ticket holder until I die or move away (either me or the team). 

How many other posters are MVP Season Ticket holders, multi year season ticket holders or possibly  first time season ticket holders? 

I ask because I was sent this request from my ticket rep today and I want to share it. 

...we are retooling and not planning on making this a 10 year process.  We want to have sustained success and be competitive each and every year and pounce hard once some of the other Western Conference Powers decline.  I don’t think people realize too that we are one of only 30 teams in the world that have an NBA team and that we really need folks to step up and support it! 

I have bought power packs in the past...2-3 years worth...for me, it is too much of a time commitment with a large family. I plan on possibly getting in with a group as my teens get to college age. Right now, their sports take up too many of the game dates

I was a season ticket holder my last couple of years living in Memphis (2004-2006).  Before that, I attended lots of games...used to get a power pack or 2.  I also attended every playoff game where we got swept (Spurs, Suns, Mavs).  Live in CA now.

Ive been raptors season ticket holder since day 1, they are in my name but are paid for by my company.  They have risen dramatically but no concerns from my end of entertainment value received...re Grizzlies, i see from NBA stats the arena is 86% full....hmm.  Is that the reality of the economy in Memphis or team performance or a little of both?  And the Grizz perform much better on the road to 93% occupancy.  Where is the trajectory this season with a young team?

18 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

I was a season ticket holder my last couple of years living in Memphis (2004-2006).  Before that, I attended lots of games...used to get a power pack or 2.  I also attended every playoff game where we got swept (Spurs, Suns, Mavs).  Live in CA now.

I’m kinda like you. 

I attended almost every home game last season and I intend to do the same this season.

The most I’ve done is a few years of power packs, never a season ticket holder.

Split season tickets with friends until 3 years ago.  Life (work and baby) got in the way of being able to go to that many games.  We try to make it to 5-6 games now (whenever we can find a free night and a babysitter).  I do plan on getting some sort of ticket package again (potentially split with friends again) when my son gets to an age where he'll enjoy it.

My wife and I were season ticket holders until we moved a few years ago. We've made the drive for a couple of games, but it takes 7 to 8 hours to get there so I settle for season pass.

Many people don't realize that you can get a payment plan for season tickets (at least you used to be able to). As a season ticket holder you get opportunities to meet the players and coaches at different events not open to everyone. Another thing, a couple of times we were upgraded to courtside seats. Once because our ticket rep was just being her awesome self, and another time it was random. We had our lanyards on and a guy from the offices was directed to fill the empty courtside seats with season ticket holders from different areas of the arena. The point being is that they treat you good at the FedEx Forum.

The number one thing we miss the most about Memphis is Grizzlies games. That should tell you all you need to know. Get those season tickets, you won't regret it!

I made it to Memphis for 9 straight years until my old company went out of business [ wonder bread] had 4 weeks of vacation . now i.m a saleman for sara lee . sun bean bimbo bread , with no vacation , good thing now, I only work 3 days a week , I will be back this coming year to meet you guys and go to a grizzlies games .

5 minutes ago, lions said:

I made it to Memphis for 9 straight years until my old company went out of business [ wonder bread] had 4 weeks of vacation . now i.m a saleman for sara lee . sun bean bimbo bread , with no vacation , good thing now, I only work 3 years a week , I will be back this coming year to meet you guys and go to a grizzlies games .

If you didn't move to South Carolina, you would only have to work 2 years a week and could go to more Grizzlies games!  😄

4 hours ago, Father Pat said:

If you didn't move to South Carolina, you would only have to work 2 years a week and could go to more Grizzlies games!

sorry that's 3 days a week thanks for the info FATHER

FIXED it 

i.m starting to get excited again. Grizzlies win summer league,  san fran giants back in play-off race , Detroit Lions are now starting , I see Detroit  10-6 this year wild card  charolina hurricanes/ Hartford whalers Conference Finals , Michigan Wolverines football slated  to go to the final 4 .St Johns redmen basketball new coach . this is  going to be a special up coming sports years 

part of a group since the second year here. missed the yellow jacket because of that initial year too. sux. 

thats nice of the ticket rep- karl- to send the email, but here’s a perfect example of where the fo’s lack of stated goals and shared vision hurts. it shouldn’t be left to a guy pounding the phones telling you on the side what the plan is...are we smart enough to see what the plan is by now? certainly, but that’s a moot point. 

come out and do a presser. state a few goals for this year and a vision for 3 years from now. it’d help, get you tremendous buy-in and free press. I don’t get the fo on this front. they’ve done a tremendous job this summer- put a bow tie on it. it’s ok to talk to the commoners. 

slim. 

Nope I'm poor. Last year I could afford tickets and the last game I went to was okc playoff over time game .

Season ticket holder.

Not sure what year was first, but I think I'm Legend level.

I fear that when this team gets great, the team will be easier to move. People in Memphis need to appreciate having this team or i fear it won't be here.  

It would also be nice if the NBA gave the Grizzlies s few breaks in scheduling. Enough with LeBron on opening night or both Warriors games at end of season.

I'm in Chicago, so go once a year when they're in town. I went to Memphis this year for the first time and finally took in a game at FedEx Forum - it was a great experience and I thought everything was fairly priced. I'd make another trip back (the bbq doesn't hurt...)