Sign in to follow this  
srmjr23

Throwback Vancouver Uniforms

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Zappastache said:

That court and both jerseys are dooooope. 

Wish the Vancouver ones just went ahead and said Memphis tho... Why put another city on our jersey???? 

As former Vancouver-ite i'm findin it mad disrespectful. But it is what it is. It'd be a lot worse if it were the Thunder doing a Supersonic throwback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Zappastache said:

That court and both jerseys are dooooope. 

Wish the Vancouver ones just went ahead and said Memphis tho... Why put another city on our jersey???? 

 

For Throwback uniforms, you can only modify the uniform for performance reasons (different fabric, cut), but not the style/layout/lettering (etc) of the uniform.

This year is the Vancouver uni.  Next year is the first year in Memphis and has Memphis on the uniform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 12:02 PM, cdp said:

As former Vancouver-ite i'm findin it mad disrespectful. But it is what it is. It'd be a lot worse if it were the Thunder doing a Supersonic throwback.

now that you put it that way ... right . it does seem weird.

 

On 8/2/2019 at 9:54 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

This year is the Vancouver uni.  Next year is the first year in Memphis and has Memphis on the uniform

So how about the court ?

'Special' games only or all season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the grizzlies WILL HAVE  the best jersey in the N.B,A that's a good thing , young kids  like   bright  colors items , young kids will wear this new Grizzlies Jersey ,and that' a GOOD THING 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If in fact the unis say Vancouver, then I strongly dislike that. Certainly they will say Memphis. Otherwise, what's the point?

 

I don't think you would see the Thunder wearing Seattle jerseys or the Titans wearing Houston Oilers jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s happening. If you can’t handle it I guess just don’t watch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lord Gordon said:

If in fact the unis say Vancouver, then I strongly dislike that. Certainly they will say Memphis. Otherwise, what's the point?

 

I don't think you would see the Thunder wearing Seattle jerseys or the Titans wearing Houston Oilers jerseys.

 

The Titans did wear the Oilers throwbacks in the past, and a whole lot of people in Houston were not fans.

 

I think the Texans should be able to wear the uniform.  I understand the Bud Adams move, etc, and I'm not sure what is the best rule for it.

 

Hall+Fame+Game+Buffalo+Bills+v+Tennessee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

When did all this throwback junk become a thing?  I couldn't care less.  It's basketball, not a fashion show.

Money.

There was a huge increase with the Jordan, Shaq, Penny, Iverson, Vince etc...

Mitchell and Ness made a MINT by basically creating the throwback fashion thing...

 I see SOOOO many fans rocking jerseys here... college too.

Mike Bibby, J Dub, Shane , Pau ( seriously) Marc, Mike,Shane, Zbo (WHOLE LOTTA ZBO) , TA...

now that I type it out - I think fans grab a jersey from the time period that they become fans ... by mid-season last year there were #13 jerseys and T-shirts all over the forum.

I am completely unashamedly rocking my Dark Blue authentic game uniform Grizz shorts - right now 🤪 with a throwback MSU Tiger old school t-shirt  from before the Penny year... Andre Turner , Keith Lee , Dana Kirk , Coach Finch...

And colleges are adding new uniforms at an alarming rate ... seems like every couple of weeks teams are in new duds and throwbacks .

 Sooo heeeey must be the money !

💫🤣💫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Money.

There was a huge increase with the Jordan, Shaq, Penny, Iverson, Vince etc...

Mitchell and Ness made a MINT by basically creating the throwback fashion thing...

 I see SOOOO many fans rocking jerseys here... college too.

Mike Bibby, J Dub, Shane , Pau ( seriously) Marc, Mike,Shane, Zbo (WHOLE LOTTA ZBO) , TA...

now that I type it out - I think fans grab a jersey from the time period that they become fans ... by mid-season last year there were #13 jerseys and T-shirts all over the forum.

I am completely unashamedly rocking my Dark Blue authentic game uniform Grizz shorts - right now 🤪 with a throwback MSU Tiger old school t-shirt  from before the Penny year... Andre Turner , Keith Lee , Dana Kirk , Coach Finch...

And colleges are adding new uniforms at an alarming rate ... seems like every couple of weeks teams are in new duds and throwbacks .

 Sooo heeeey must be the money !

💫🤣💫

Bingo......it's all about money.  It's pretty smart marketing too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Money.

There was a huge increase with the Jordan, Shaq, Penny, Iverson, Vince etc...

Mitchell and Ness made a MINT by basically creating the throwback fashion thing...

 I see SOOOO many fans rocking jerseys here... college too.

Mike Bibby, J Dub, Shane , Pau ( seriously) Marc, Mike,Shane, Zbo (WHOLE LOTTA ZBO) , TA...

now that I type it out - I think fans grab a jersey from the time period that they become fans ... by mid-season last year there were #13 jerseys and T-shirts all over the forum.

I am completely unashamedly rocking my Dark Blue authentic game uniform Grizz shorts - right now 🤪 with a throwback MSU Tiger old school t-shirt  from before the Penny year... Andre Turner , Keith Lee , Dana Kirk , Coach Finch...

And colleges are adding new uniforms at an alarming rate ... seems like every couple of weeks teams are in new duds and throwbacks .

 Sooo heeeey must be the money !

💫🤣💫

I like the dignified looking dark blue road uniform.  I'm not so much a fan of clown outfits.  With apologies to our Canadian friends, the Vancouver throwbacks are not my favorite.  I mean teal?  Teal is not one of my favorite colors, definitely not in those proportions.  I think that Memphis wears one of the more dignified looking uniforms in the league, but I'm not as fond of the baby blues either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I like the dignified looking dark blue road uniform.  I'm not so much a fan of clown outfits.  With apologies to our Canadian friends, the Vancouver throwbacks are not my favorite.  I mean teal?  Teal is not one of my favorite colors, definitely not in those proportions.  I think that Memphis wears one of the more dignified looking uniforms in the league, but I'm not as fond of the baby blues either.

the grays kinda look like the Pacers ... I like them just fine but they do look rather pacer-ish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this