Sign in to follow this  
srmjr23

Throwback Vancouver Uniforms

Grizz will be getting these throwback uniforms for a handful of games next season. Really surprised no one has posted this yet. Somehow it's the number 1 post on the nba subreddit and not a single mention here. Surely we are allowed to appreciate cool stuff about our exciting new franchise?

https://mobile.twitter.com/fastbreakbreak/status/1152046782324576259?s=21

Apparently the FO is very upset about this story leaking and if they find out who did it somebody is getting fired. 

And someone needs to update the censor on this site. There are a number of words that get blocked out that aren't obscene. 

I guess if they have a plan for announcing then I could see why they'd be upset but it had generated excitement beyond just Grizz fans. People on Reddit seem to love them. They do look pretty nice.

40 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Apparently the FO is very upset about this story leaking and if they find out who did it somebody is getting fired. 

And someone needs to update the censor on this site. There are a number of words that get blocked out that aren't obscene. 

Another Chandler Parsons leak?

Man, I thought that stuff was done with.

Must invite the original Grizzlies to these games. 

2 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Must invite the original Grizzlies to these games. 

Shareef Abdur-Rahim is actually president of the G League now. This is bringing back some serious memories. Did Michael Dickerson have the best season for a Grizzlies shooting guard?!

The video game intro of Morant (either for us or for a video game) showed these jerseys or similar jerseys.

Yeah, these are NICE.

We've got some great looking uniforms.

5 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

Did Michael Dickerson have the best season for a Grizzlies shooting guard?!

I think he must have.  I had a quick look and most of the other SG's were "Who?" or semi-scrubs like Antonio Daniels and Anthony Peeler. 

about times , also needs to back to there early 2000 uniforms 

On 7/19/2019 at 8:04 AM, ACGrizz said:

Shareef Abdur-Rahim is actually president of the G League now. This is bringing back some serious memories. Did Michael Dickerson have the best season for a Grizzlies shooting guard?!

the vancouner grizzlies had a nice young team the only thing missing was a good coach , hubbie brown would have made them  a winner

On 7/19/2019 at 10:11 AM, chipc3 said:

isn't that the ****ing truth?

but, give me a break. these guys would be upset if it was leaked that they had takeout from gus’ for lunch. (drop the catch me if you can fbi mentality and release some info now and again). you ain’t working at area 51. 

very cool idea for the uniforms if true.

slim.

8 hours ago, memphis slim said:

isn't that the ****ing truth?

but, give me a break. these guys would be upset if it was leaked that they had takeout from gus’ for lunch. (drop the catch me if you can fbi mentality and release some info now and again). you ain’t working at area 51. 

very cool idea for the uniforms if true.

slim.

Darn right. The NBA is traditionally tight lipped, but they have taken it too far. It was bad enough that fans had to realize that they are just an afterthought, but to be totally ignored is bad business, not to mention just plain rude.

That court and both jerseys are dooooope. 

Wish the Vancouver ones just went ahead and said Memphis tho... Why put another city on our jersey???? 

24 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Wish the Vancouver ones just went ahead and said Memphis tho... Why put another city on our jersey???? 

The jerseys -> yup 

The court -> I really like the way that the wood is laid on our current floor ... read somewhere that we are the only team to do that and our reason was -

this is Memphis 

we go against the grain 

flip the wood 90 degrees and it works 

https://tri-statedefender.com/gritgrindgrizz-grizz-go-against-the-grain-with-new-uniforms-court-design/08/02/

* I know the jersey is a special uniform- not to be worn every game...

how about the court ?

Used every game or buy a new one specifically for throwback games only? 

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

Some licensing issue apparently.