Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Win totals (Over/Under) for 2019-20 season

On 10/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, Lugan Village said:

If this team can stay healthy without any major injuries taking to JJJ, JA or JV...and if JJJ can make progress to the next level like we all think he can, and JA stays within his zone and try not to do too much...and Clarke can be a valuable 20 minutes off the bench... I think we can win 19 games in first half....  the second half when it starts getting serious and the pretenders drop off...might be a challenge...but lets split this season into 2...

When you are right you need to be promoted. I apologize for my silly meme. You were right and it looks like I’m going to be wrong.

37 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

When you are right you need to be promoted. I apologize for my silly meme. You were right and it looks like I’m going to be wrong.

Chip...an apology?  Really?  You still on your pain meds?

On 7/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

With the current roster changes 36-46. Team is young, healthy, ready to play.

I guess everybody should thank me cause i made them believe that they will be fine.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:11 PM, I❤️JV said:

I would guess it's between 15 and 55 wins.

This is my prediction...and so far i am on target....

On 7/19/2019 at 7:05 PM, lions said:

I was thinking about 27 then move it up to 36 now back down to 25

i.m happy to say I was  wrong

All-Star Game Update: 

To everyone's surprise most of the pre-season predictors have already been eliminated including yours truly who picked 25 games for the entire season!

These are the people still alive:
45 Wins - Alt Grind
42 Wins - Joey Crawford
41 Wins - Bhoyal
40 Wins - KevinBMoses
37 Wins - Allen
35 Wins - Commodore 64
34 Wins - Lugan Village
32 Wins - French Grizzlies
31 Wins - CarlosJ63, Myers
30 Wins - 10SC-2- Tokyo, RDK121, FanBoySlim, GamesOut
28 Wins - Ace-Is-High, GTF, Memphis Yank, Docjue3
27 Wins - BigHunkALove, 

Already out of the running:
26 Wins - Grady, Allen, Grizzlies Vet
25 Wins - I Drink Guiness, CostaRica2, Lions, ChipC3, Blackwatch
24 Wins - PJS, Teddy B, Dwash, Father Pat
23 Wins - Zappastache, Old Dirty Kondike

On 1/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, I❤️JV said:

...just that....they always make playoffs....as long as Pop is there....you think they're out...and they beating Bucks and Celtics....just a playoffs machine...forever

They don't always play this bad. This their worst season in over 20 years

29 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

All-Star Game Update: 

To everyone's surprise most of the pre-season predictors have already been eliminated including yours truly who picked 25 games for the entire season!

45 Wins - Alt Grind
42 Wins - Joey Crawford
41 Wins - Bhoyal
40 Wins - KevinBMoses
37 Wins - Allen
35 Wins - Commodore 64
34 Wins - Lugan Village
27 Wins - BigHunkALove, 

It's a pleasure just to be nominated!!!

33 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

All-Star Game Update: 

45 Wins - Alt Grind
42 Wins - Joey Crawford
41 Wins - Bhoyal
40 Wins - KevinBMoses
37 Wins - Allen
35 Wins - Commodore 64
34 Wins - Lugan Village
27 Wins - BigHunkALove, 

Allen has two picks

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Allen has two picks

Actually he had three. I threw out the 31 wins he put as a middle ground between the high and low picks. The first pick should be the only I count I suppose. 

Now it is gonna be PERSONAL between me (45 wins) and KBM (40 wins).

45 wins would get us IN the playoffs.  Maybe even a 7th seed if any of OKC/Houston/Dallas fall off a bit.

I DOUBT 40 wins gets us in... just because BOTH the Blazers and Spurs are hanging in there (at the very least).  The Pelicans aren't too far back either if Zion's counting stats start leading to impact/wins.

Last week I looked at the schedule and thought we could win a certain number of remaining games to get to 38 wins, then we would have to flip at least 5 games (where we probably wouldn't be favored) to get to 43 wins which I think we would need to get into the playoffs.

To get to 45, we would need to sustain our defense/rebounding/play making AND hit the 3 point shots at a better clip.  Dieng going 2-5 every night from 3 point land off the bench might be the X factor for us.  

If it looks like we are more likely on pace for 37-40 wins then I am gonna fire up my Draft Big Board and NOBODY wants that....

23 minutes ago, Gradey said:

Couldn't be happier to be wrong :)  Ja is so much ahead of where I thought he'd be its amazing.

Ditto. I can't believe how efficient Brandon has been as well. I already admitted it in this thread but I was dead wrong about the team this season and I couldn't be happier. Congrats to Alt Grind and KBM for their far more prescient predictions. 

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Congrats to Alt Grind and KBM for their far more prescient predictions. 

It's fun to still be in the running.  An extended playoff push (even if we don't get in) would help Ja win the ROY award going away.  To get to 45 wins, Morant might have to play at an MVP-level from here on out basically.

On 7/22/2019 at 5:26 PM, lions said:

if the Grizzlies win 45 games I will JUMP from the FEDEX FORM upper deck during a game

I,m starting  to get nervous 

34 minutes ago, lions said:

I,m starting  to get nervous 

You should be!

i think i heard the grizzlies have the toughest remaining schedule....this season to date has been a win for the future of this group...they compete almost every night, but they are thin in depth beyond the 6 or 7...and the second season is about to start after the all star game.  Let's see what unfolds...

chip, i thought i only gave you a first half number, where did u come up with my projected win total for season?

Just now, Lugan Village said:

i think i heard the grizzlies have the toughest remaining schedule....this season to date has been a win for the future of this group...they compete almost every night, but they are thin in depth beyond the 6 or 7...and the second season is about to start after the all star game.  Let's see what unfolds...

We have "depth" as long as Ja plays his usual minutes (or more) AND if either of Jaren or Jonas is playing well AND not in foul trouble (at times we need BOTH bigs, even in close-out or money-time situations).  

If none of those things are true then we really don't have "depth".

We are just "deep" from 2-4 but undersized at the 4 aside from Jaren.  We also lack depth in the "shooting" department.

Dieng hopefully gives us depth at the 4/5 spots AND in the shooting department.  He might be our X Factor down the stretch.  

We DO have depth if Ja/Jaren are BOTH in the game late since we can rotate 7 or 8 guys around those 2.  Ja/Jaren is basically the Rebuild Cheat-Code.

7 hours ago, chipc3 said:

All-Star Game Update: 

45 Wins - Alt Grind
42 Wins - Joey Crawford
41 Wins - Bhoyal
40 Wins - KevinBMoses
37 Wins - Allen
35 Wins - Commodore 64
34 Wins - Lugan Village
27 Wins - BigHunkALove, 

Well half way through Nov I remember posting we'd be lucky to win double figure games so I'm very glad that was W.R.O.N.G.!!!

The reason I pick 25 was because I though the WEST was going to be really really good this year.

But teams like the Suns/Pels and Kings for example really suck this year.

We're all wrong. No one would've bet the Grizzlies to win 40+ games if it evolves sports betting. We can say those things by typing a keyboard for free.

15 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

We have "depth" as long as Ja plays his usual minutes (or more) AND if either of Jaren or Jonas is playing well AND not in foul trouble (at times we need BOTH bigs, even in close-out or money-time situations).  

If none of those things are true then we really don't have "depth".

We are just "deep" from 2-4 but undersized at the 4 aside from Jaren.  We also lack depth in the "shooting" department.

Dieng hopefully gives us depth at the 4/5 spots AND in the shooting department.  He might be our X Factor down the stretch.  

We DO have depth if Ja/Jaren are BOTH in the game late since we can rotate 7 or 8 guys around those 2.  Ja/Jaren is basically the Rebuild Cheat-Code.

a lot of stars need to line up in the cosmos in your scenarios....just saying that this team needs their second unit to be able to step up and get production consistently, no drop-off when the first unit is off the floor, or when foul trouble hits JJJ we have a good 4 to step in, and when an injury bug hits the good teams withstand and endure...i'm thinking 76's, Raptors, bucks...,

the depth is the big part of the rebuild...your either a contender or not.