Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Win totals (Over/Under) for 2019-20 season

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

I am depressed...and i am Grizz fan until the bitter end...and then ....poof and just like that...i am gone....voluntarily....or maybe pushed from a moving train by Toke...who knows...will be hoping for I❤️JV appreciation ...or more likely celebration that I❤️JV is gone thread....i am trying to tell myself that everything gonna be alright....but ....i wake up every day....and a very stable genius still a free man.

Oh my God!  It's Lithuanian KBM!

On 11/3/2019 at 1:25 PM, BigHunkALove said:

It might not be 10 wins if we don't develop some plays, go to our strengths, quit launch 40 3s, and trade for some guys who can actually shoot AT LEAST 30%

We are not going to get to double figure wins after this display by "coach" Jenkins. It's clear there is no real attempt to win.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:18 AM, chipc3 said:

I'd say 25 wins but would be pleased to be wrong and the team wins over 30. However, I believe the franchise will work on developing younger players at the expense of wins this season, hoping to finish with a bottom 3 record to insure they keep their pick and get another elite athlete to join the core they are building. In my opinion, the team should focus on the future and build this team with a future vision of 3-5 years. This coming season is not important in that regard. 

Ah, the joy of realizing I saw this season coming. It still sucks watching the games actually being played but at least I can relax with the knowledge I saw this coming.

I wonder where all those posters who said a youth movement wouldn’t involve a lot of losses are now?

14 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Ah, the joy of realizing I saw this season coming. It still sucks watching the games actually being played but at least I can relax with the knowledge I saw this coming.

I wonder where all those posters who said a youth movement wouldn’t involve a lot of losses are now?

Blaming the refs, coaching, AI, Josh Jackson situation, on and on. This will be a long year, but I’m enjoying it. I’m disappointed with JJJ, hope he gets it right.

33 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Interesting post.  The screen name says Chip3, but the content suggests KBM.  

Someone tell Chip his account has been hijacked.

I'd say 25 wins but would be pleased to be wrong and the team wins over 30. However, I believe the franchise will work on developing younger players at the expense of wins this season, hoping to finish with a bottom 3 record to insure they keep their pick and get another elite athlete to join the core they are building. In my opinion, the team should focus on the future and build this team with a future vision of 3-5 years. This coming season is not important in that regard. 

On 11/5/2019 at 7:01 AM, chipc3 said:

My how things have changed from Nov 5 to today. I was wrong thinking the Grizzlies would be among the worst teams in the league in the first half of the season.

I WAS WRONG. 

Or as GTF would say, I changed my mind. 😉

Feels good to write that when I was so negative heading into the season. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

My how things have changed from Nov 5 to today. I was wrong thinking the Grizzlies would be among the worst teams in the league in the first half of the season.

I WAS WRONG. 

Man, nobody saw that coming

On 10/22/2019 at 11:49 AM, Lugan Village said:

Unless the wheels fall off this rebuild, 17+ is the floor for me...I like breaking down the season, so my range is 17 to 21...picked mid point of 19...they need a good start with Miami...no nights off...build the winning mentality fro get go

I thought this roster was good for 17-21 games in 1st half, and said 19 would be a good number in first half as a really BIG accomplishment to a young team that was gutted in the off season, build that winning culture...they would have to run the table in next 3 games to get to 19....this team is exceeding expectations...but not let's get ahead of ourselves....we lose a starting 5 to injury of any duration, we have not much of a bench to back, it might not look pretty...2nd half predictions next week after they hit mid-point

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I WAS WRONG. 

me2

47 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Man, nobody saw that coming

My admitting I was wrong or the team's play??? 

Image result for i don't know gif

Sometimes its good to be wrong. We totally hit on Ja and Clarke, plus Melton is a big surprise. The new vets also seem content to play hard and make a difference in the young players.

13 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Relax the grizzlies are still on Pace to win 32 games maybe 35

That's an improvement over what most of us initially thought 

Well, I was thinking low 20s so count me as being wrong but it feels good to be wrong on something like this. Ja and BC have exceed expectations as rookies (but it's still early) and Jaren, JV, Melton are playing well and Jae has been a great leader, probably better than expected. Not to mention Jenkins has probably been above average with his play calling. 

2 hours ago, MickyFrickyGrizzyFan said:

Hopefully we’ll be saying cheers to you.

Grizzlies have 16 wins and the season not quiet half over (4 more games).      So if the team keeps its winning ways as of later - then 42 to 38 wins.      And make the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

Grizzlies have 16 wins and the season not quiet half over (4 more games).      So if the team keeps its winning ways as of later - then 42 to 38 wins.      And make the playoffs.

Man, Joey. You might have 1 to many. Chill bro.

I'm pretty excited about the progress for the team myself.  But to keep it in perspective on Jan 9th last year the Grizz had 19 wins.  Grizz have 16 wins today.

The last couple of months the schedule is going to be rough.  I'm not sayin the Grizz wont make the playoffs but there is a hell of a hill to climb yet.

Unfortunately Grizz won't make playoffs....why?  because Spurs will...they always do...and this is for the record...Spurs are the Grizz dream killers...

51 minutes ago, MickyFrickyGrizzyFan said:

Man, Joey. You might have 1 to many. Chill bro.

If they win at a 60% clip like they have over past 10 games they'd finish the season with 42-43 wins. The schedule is supposed to be much easier second half of the season.

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

Unfortunately Grizz won't make playoffs....why?  because Spurs will...they always do...and this is for the record...Spurs are the Grizz dream killers...

Well, barring injury??? Also, are you saying that the Spurs are a better team, just interested.?

3 minutes ago, MickyFrickyGrizzyFan said:

Well, barring injury??? Also, are you saying that the Spurs are a better team, just interested.?

...just that....they always make playoffs....as long as Pop is there....you think they're out...and they beating Bucks and Celtics....just a playoffs machine...forever