Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Win totals (Over/Under) for 2019-20 season

22 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Anyone changing their predictions yet? 

And yes I am bumping all these old threads to get rid of the spam threads from China...

Looks like they saw your bump and raised ya.

10 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Looks like they saw your bump and raised ya.

Right!

Looks like we have a few more than usual this year .

Hat tip to Chip for the heads up.

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Right!

Looks like we have a few more than usual this year .

Hat tip to Chip for the heads up.

I've never seen them on here.  You mods must be handling them expediently if they've been an issue here before.  I always wonder what they say.  Is there any point to them at all other than to ruin someone's fun?

8 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I've never seen them on here.  You mods must be handling them expediently if they've been an issue here before.  I always wonder what they say.  Is there any point to them at all other than to ruin someone's fun?

I have no idea 

BUT

I try to check in every day ... but sometimes I miss.

Usually Chip will give me a quick heads up and I yank ‘em.

I have always believed that this is the best nba team board .

and that’s because of you - all of you .

GO GRIZZ

-toke

Is there a rule against posting things in a language other than English?

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Is there a rule against posting things in a language other than English?

Actually... no . Not that I am aware of .

I mean we split into a bilingual board way back when Pau and other Spanish speaking Grizz and Grizz fans ...

It seems to have been on its last leg for awhile BUT it still exists.

We do have ALOT of posters whose native language is not English but they step right on in and try to get the translation software to work and post their opinions.

I also think that translation software has bridged the gap and makes us all more of the WE.

Being bilingual myself, I understand and respect the effort. I know firsthand how difficult it can be to get your point clearly expressed in a language other than your own.

1 hour ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

i try to speak  and write  in english but it's too difficult for me 😎

You're fine, man.  I don't think anyone has a problem getting the gist of your posts.

I think we’ll win several outta the gate because we’re so new, we won’t be scouted yet. But that won’t last too long.

Then a slump will happen and losses will mount.

AND then...... it’ll be up to our coaching staff and player moxie to counter eventually.

I'm going with 35 wins.

7 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

i try to speak  and write  in english but it's too difficult for me 😎

Dude, I worked 15 years for Alcatel. Believe me, for a French guy your English is way above average. ;)

5 hours ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

I think we’ll win several outta the gate because we’re so new, we won’t be scouted yet. But that won’t last too long.

Then a slump will happen and losses will mount.

AND then...... it’ll be up to our coaching staff and player moxie to counter eventually.

I'm going with 35 wins.

Don't forget the rookie wall hitting our newbies. That's bound to translate into losses.

9 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Am i the only one here who see our team winning 35 to 45 games? 35 if we keep the same roster we have now (+ without Iggy), 45 if we cut the right guy and keep Iggy + bring Jo back. 

I wouldn't say the only one but you are probably in the minority. C'est la vie. 

Hard for me to call at this point. The roster looks two deep at every position with solid players, but we don't know how they really fit until they play together in real games. I want to watch some preseason before I try to predict the regular season.

As much potential that they have I dont see what this teams calling card could be to even create a flukey winning spree.  They look shaky on both sides of the ball. No real dominant one on one scorers. Not enough shooting or off dribble scoring for a high octane "team" offense.  The best offense will be JV or JJJ on the block which will get real stagnant until Ja gets better. Likely to have kinks to work out defensively as well.

I see 24 wins.

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

As much potential that they have I dont see what this teams calling card could be to even create a flukey winning spree.  They look shaky on both sides of the ball. No real dominant one on one scorers. Not enough shooting or off dribble scoring for a high octane "team" offense.  The best offense will be JV or JJJ on the block which will get real stagnant until Ja gets better. Likely to have kinks to work out defensively as well.

I see 24 wins.

Image result for you could be right gif

On 9/6/2019 at 5:05 AM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I have no idea 

BUT

I try to check in every day ... but sometimes I miss.

Usually Chip will give me a quick heads up and I yank ‘em.

I have always believed that this is the best nba team board .

and that’s because of you - all of you .

GO GRIZZ

-toke

thanks, how many teams board are out there

On 9/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, fanboyslim said:

Dude, I worked 15 years for Alcatel. Believe me, for a French guy your English is way above average. ;)

Thanks u man. And i forgive you for working so long for Alcatel 😅

I can easily see anywhere between 22 and 34 wins. New coach, new system, new players being counted on for heavy minutes. Will the focus be on trying to win some games or just go all in on maximizing development? I think the later so I'll say 24 wins and 82 games worth watching. Can't wait!

10 hours ago, Father Pat said:

I can easily see anywhere between 22 and 34 wins. New coach, new system, new players being counted on for heavy minutes. Will the focus be on trying to win some games or just go all in on maximizing development? I think the later so I'll say 24 wins and 82 games worth watching. Can't wait!

Image result for i can agree with that gif

20 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Hard to argue against this. Games will probably be entertaining until the end because the young guys don’t know how to close games. Back to rooting for moral victories for the most part.