JĖGAAAAAA!!!

FIBA WC 2019, China

I think such thread would be interesting. Some Grizzlies players will compete in the tournament, plenty of other top NBA guys too will play for their teams. And though I was suggested to open it into the "Off topic" section, but how can this be "Off topic" if the 2014 WC relates directly to the Grizzlies and the NBA league as a whole? We could look into and discuss players playing in the different environment, new tactics, new strategies. Maybe NBA will take some from it, maybe Grizzlies could tweak their game a little bit too. Guys, let me know, what do you think. Is this thread an "Off topic", or we should keep it here? JV brought pretty big international followers to this board, it could be fun :)

If we are talking about current Grizzlies players then it is not off-topic. 

If it diverts off of that topic then ...

37 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If we are talking about current Grizzlies players then it is not off-topic. 

If it diverts off of that topic then ...

JV plays a C for the LTU and Domantas Sabonis is extremely versatile big PF. Could give us plenty insight of how JV and JJJ could co-exist productively on the floor together. LTU team always had a strong, big front line.  Grizzlies could find something interesting that should fit their style of play next season.

Even games with no Grizzlies direct connection, but fielding big fronts should give plenty of necessary additional info. Knowledge is power. The level of the WC will like All-Stars games but for the real marbles.

28 minutes ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

JV plays a C for the LTU and Domantas Sabonis is extremely versatile big PF. Could give us plenty insight of how JV and JJJ could co-exist productively on the floor together. LTU team always had a strong, big front line.  Grizzlies could find something interesting that should fit their style of play next season.

Even games with no Grizzlies direct connection, but fielding big fronts should give plenty of necessary additional info. Knowledge is power. The level of the WC will like All-Stars games but for the real marbles.

True. Knowledge is power but all knowledge isn't Grizzlies related. That's why there are different forums for discussions just like there are different classes in school. for different subject matters. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

True. Knowledge is power but all knowledge isn't Grizzlies related. That's why there are different forums for discussions just like there are different classes in school. for different subject matters. 

All classes are attended equally? I just want to be sure that if i put some time in providing with some useful materials - they will not let to sit and collect dust in nobodies minds ;)

Caboclo will go too, other than those two we may have Guduric and only. Lithunia might be the best team of the tournament 

PS.: Forgot about Yuta, he will go for sure

Just now, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

All classes are attended equally? I just want to be sure that if i put some time in providing with some useful materials - they will not let to sit and collect dust in nobodies minds ;)

Are you talking about providing education or looking for attention? Not all classes have the same attendance and some professors feel that is unfair of course but it's reality. 

I just want to share with my own experience, gathered through many decades being involved directly in athletic activity. Plenty of members here too are not just casual fans, but have been there, done that. i like then discussion is not simplified to the bare bones: "Yeah, he made a basket, he is special..." Next possession: "He missed an easy lay-up, good for nothing worthless scrub". Sorry, I'm busy working, but i think you are getting me. I'm  all about positive contributions ;)

32 minutes ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

I just want to share with my own experience, gathered through many decades being involved directly in athletic activity. Plenty of members here too are not just casual fans, but have been there, done that. i like then discussion is not simplified to the bare bones: "Yeah, he made a basket, he is special..." Next possession: "He missed an easy lay-up, good for nothing worthless scrub". Sorry, I'm busy working, but i think you are getting me. I'm  all about positive contributions ;)

Bring it on then. I can't speak for everyone but I love reading about the Grizzlies here in this forum. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Bring it on then. I can't speak for everyone but I love reading about the Grizzlies here in this forum. 

Chip in board police mode once again.🙄 You’re not a mod Chip.

Its the middle of July. The draft is done, free agency has settled down and Summer League is over so what Grizz related news is there to talk about right now? Go right ahead OP and welcome to the board. Ignore this cat

2 hours ago, Allen said:

Chip in board police mode once again.🙄 You’re not a mod Chip.

Its the middle of July. The draft is done, free agency has settled down and Summer League is over so what Grizz related news is there to talk about right now? Go right ahead OP and welcome to the board. Ignore this cat

I'm not setting any rules or enforcing anything. I simply said this forum is for Grizzlies Talk and there is another forum for non-Grizzlies discussions. 

There is a different forum for Off Topic Conversations. There is a different forum for trade talks. I can't stop anyone from doing anything nor am I trying to do so. In no way am I attempting to police anything. The OP asked if this would be the correct forum. I answered yes if you are talking about Grizzlies players playing in the tournament.

Do you disagree with that answer? 

50 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I'm not setting any rules or enforcing anything. I simply said this forum is for Grizzlies Talk and there is another forum for non-Grizzlies discussions. 

There is a different forum for Off Topic Conversations. There is a different forum for trade talks. I can't stop anyone from doing anything nor am I trying to do so. In no way am I attempting to police anything. The OP asked if this would be the correct forum. I answered yes if you are talking about Grizzlies players playing in the tournament.

Do you disagree with that answer? 

Back in the day I guess the boards were busier, so maybe then it made more sense.  Now I don't think so.  Most of the other forums have long periods of inactivity.  You may as well tell posters to abandon the Grizzlies fan forum and go to Reddit instead.  I like the folks we have on here.  We seem like friends and family.  Friends when we're agreeing, and fighting like family when we don't.

13 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Back in the day I guess the boards were busier, so maybe then it made more sense.  Now I don't think so.  Most of the other forums have long periods of inactivity.  You may as well tell posters to abandon the Grizzlies fan forum and go to Reddit instead.  I like the folks we have on here.  We seem like friends and family.  Friends when we're agreeing, and fighting like family when we don't.

There are a few I'd love to tell to abandon the boards but I'm not that type of person. 

Just a joke to any sensitive types out there thinking I am referring to them. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

There are a few I'd love to tell to abandon the boards but I'm not that type of person. 

Just a joke to any sensitive types out there thinking I am referring to them. 

I'm not leaving!!!! :angry:

:lol:

Is JV for sure playing in it?

8 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Is JV for sure playing in it?

He's in the LTU roster in the official WC site but I don't think that's official yet. I know the Spanish NT hasn't even made the preliminary list public yet.

When I watch FIBA I am always interested in the different style of play between NBA and Europe pro games.  When I think of NBA game i think of transition, fast breaks, isolation plays and just incredible talent.  European game legacy was 3 point shooting, physical and team play.  Not sure if that's what we will continue to see in 2019.  So re JV play at worlds might be a lot different than what he will be expected to play for the Grizzlies, while the Grizzlies on team Canada team eg. Brooke and Clarke more likely to play NBA pro game...

10 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

I hope Grizz fans will support team Lithuania.

I hope JV doesn't get hurt. 

22 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I hope JV doesn't get hurt. 

JV might hurt unintentionally his direct competition in the NBA. Or JV might set a screen - and the dude is knocked out cause he ran into a brick wall.

You shouldn't worry about JV being hurt. He was out of the NBA couple times when somebody broke something in his body, or when he landed on somebodies foot (Dwayne Wade for example) and sprained his ankle.

36 minutes ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

JV might hurt unintentionally his direct competition in the NBA. Or JV might set a screen - and the dude is knocked out cause he ran into a brick wall.

You shouldn't worry about JV being hurt. He was out of the NBA couple times when somebody broke something in his body, or when he landed on somebodies foot (Dwayne Wade for example) and sprained his ankle.

You're new to the Grizzlies boards so you probably don't remember when Pau Gasol broke his foot playing for Spain in the World Championships. Memphis fans however always hold their breaths when someone on the team plays in these events. 

55 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

You're new to the Grizzlies boards so you probably don't remember when Pau Gasol broke his foot playing for Spain in the World Championships. Memphis fans however always hold their breaths when someone on the team plays in these events. 

I am new here but I am not new in the world of sports. When Big Z (Žydrūnas Ilgauskas) played in Lithuania for the Kauno "Atletas" team, under head coach Vladas Garastas - Big Z started feeling pains in his foot. Garastas dismissedbasi it as a concern, called Ilgauskas "fake", pushed him to play through the pain. Lithuanians and Cavaliers fans remember very well how it went down. Big Z had more titanium in his feet than bones.

You brought up the story with Marc, I recollected Big Z's path. What does it have to do with JV? JV is different type of C. He is not a "leaper", his vertical reach is insane, basically he is doing his wrestling job in the paint without leaving the ground much. Another thing (actually, couple things) - He is a grown up man, JV has a grown man's strength. JV NEVER had any chronic problems with his body. Strong back, strong arms, strong legs, strong feet, strong head and neck. It's a pretty rare thing for somebody so tall. 

Sure, injuries to any player is a bad thing for everybody. But somehow, after watching JV play since he was 15, I think JV will be all-right and we don't need to crap our pants because of something that might happen.

Just now, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

I am new here but I am not new in the world of sports. When Big Z (Žydrūnas Ilgauskas) played in Lithuania for the Kauno "Atletas" team, under head coach Vladas Garastas - Big Z started feeling pains in his foot. Garastas dismissedbasi it as a concern, called Ilgauskas "fake", pushed him to play through the pain. Lithuanians and Cavaliers fans remember very well how it went down. Big Z had more titanium in his feet than bones.

You brought up the story with Marc, I recollected Big Z's path. What does it have to do with JV? JV is different type of C. He is not a "leaper", his vertical reach is insane, basically he is doing his wrestling job in the paint without leaving the ground much. Another thing (actually, couple things) - He is a grown up man, JV has a grown man's strength. JV NEVER had any chronic problems with his body. Strong back, strong arms, strong legs, strong feet, strong head and neck. It's a pretty rare thing for somebody so tall. 

Sure, injuries to any player is a bad thing for everybody. But somehow, after watching JV play since he was 15, I think JV will be all-right and we don't need to crap our pants because of something that might happen.

I hope for Memphis' sake you are correct. The team has had its fill of unfortunate injuries over the last few years.